Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

1,258 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
17 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The visiting part is OK as he has not lived there since getting the police certificate. So, the report you have is still valid.

Confirm this with the embassy P3 letter that I will supply the link to below. It's not in English so I am unable to confirm or deny the information. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9y0In64IjrylG-dpAtYZQr2KgtEobD_/view

Thanks. I hope they accept the police report.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am a February filler for K-1, I got my NOA2 on July 9, 2020, stated that it has been sent to NVC and I should wait for 30 days to contact them if I do not get any communication from them. I sent an email to NVC, received no reply. I have read some people saying that when they received their NOA2, they updated their contact with the NVC. I do not know why they have to update their contact if their contact has not changed! I am wondering if I am not doing something right? I am still waiting for any communication from NVC to give me case number or any other info. 

Edited by Toby2019

13 hours ago, Toby2019 said:

I am a February filler for K-1, I got my NOA2 on July 9, 2020, stated that it has been sent to NVC and I should wait for 30 days to contact them if I do not get any communication from them. I sent an email to NVC, received no reply. I have read some people saying that when they received their NOA2, they updated their contact with the NVC. I do not know why they have to update their contact if their contact has not changed! I am wondering if I am not doing something right? I am still waiting for any communication from NVC to give me case number or any other info. 

The reason for updating your information with NVC is that they have the petitioner's email but not the beneficiary's. You're receiving a "no reply" because there is nothing, they can tell you. Your file will remain at NVC until your embassy ask for the files from NVC. Once that takes place the embassy will email the beneficiary with a letter, often referred to as the P3, and that's the green light that the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application can be completed, the interview fee paid, the scheduling of your appointment for the appointment and following the instructions in the P3 for the medical exam.

You are not in an advantageous position if you have a 7/9/2020 NOA2. You should have already completed your interview and received your visa. YOU NEED to contact your embassy and find out if you can still interview and that your application is still "live". Because the NOA2 is good for 4 months, meaning you need to be finished with your interview during that time, but it can be extended by the embassy. Find the underlying cause of this SOON or the embassy will think you have abandoned your application and they will return it to USCIS to die.

There you have it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Status went from Refused to Ready again.  Hope that means it will be issued any day now.  Really want to be married by Christmas.  :)

1 hour ago, S & V said:

Status went from Refused to Ready again.  Hope that means it will be issued any day now.  Really want to be married by Christmas.  :)

When it changes from "immigrant" to "non-immigrant" then you are days away from a spanking new visa. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

When it changes from "immigrant" to "non-immigrant" then you are days away from a spanking new visa. 

Oh! that's a neat trick.  Right now it just changed to "Administrative Processing".  Hoping they work fast.  :)

2 hours ago, S & V said:

Oh! that's a neat trick.  Right now it just changed to "Administrative Processing".  Hoping they work fast.  :)

I know a thing or two as I've seen a thing or two. Any day. Patience. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Status changed to ISSUED!!!  It's Friday afternoon here already though, I'm guessing we won't get it by tomorrow in order to come home this weekend.  Maybe we will be home by Wednesday with any luck.  We are definitely excited!  So close now!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, S & V said:

Status changed to ISSUED!!!  It's Friday afternoon here already though, I'm guessing we won't get it by tomorrow in order to come home this weekend.  Maybe we will be home by Wednesday with any luck.  We are definitely excited!  So close now!  

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, S & V said:

Status changed to ISSUED!!!  It's Friday afternoon here already though, I'm guessing we won't get it by tomorrow in order to come home this weekend.  Maybe we will be home by Wednesday with any luck.  We are excited!  So close now!  

As you just witness my advice came true. ✔️ Congratulations. Check your visa for any spelling errors and if you have any recontact the embassy for instructions. Be sure to pack the "do not open" packet in your carryon luggage. You will not enter the US if your packet is lost in your luggage. The paper envelope may appear to be torn and that is normal so disregard. Slit the underside of your passport to retrieve and leave the "do not open" envelope intact with the plastic covering for protection. Safe travels and I wish you much happiness in your new marriage. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hi all!

Hope everyone is staying safe and well during this scary and unprecedented time! My fiance was granted an emergency interview at the Macedonian embassy in October. I had written a letter to my local representative and our initial request was denied. The embassy then randomly called my fiance granting him an interview jus two days after the call they told him he had to get his medical the next day and emailed him a list of documents to gather. That morning (before the embassy called) I had booked a month long trip to Macedonia after not seeing each other for 9 months. We scrambled to gather all of the documentation his interview went easily and swiftly they did not tell him he was approved took his passport but didn't give him a 221g (I think it is called) and told him not to travel through any Schengen countries. Three days later we received notification from DHL that a package was ready for pickup. The visa was issued. He arrived lastnight at JFK!! I hope and pray you all reach the end of this heart wrenching journey soon!

His experience passing through JFK was very interesting they took his finger prints and the packets the embassy gave him (they gave him two) asked him to have a seat. He waited an hour and half and an officer came over and asked him where his documents were. He explained that he gave them to the first officer. They were scrambling to find them and eventually did. The officer was very flustered and held up a photo of me and asked him is this your wife? He replied that is my fiance. The officer replied oh yes right and then said you have 90 days to get married stamped his passport and said he was free to go. I thought they were giving him a document for the adjustment of status process but all he got was the stamp on his passport near the visa.  

If anyone would be so kind to please link a resource for next steps it would be soo appreciated because I was trying to prepare before he arrived and I was confused about the fees and the concurrent filing of the forms.

Thank you all immensely for your help on this journey and best of luck to you all! 

B and I

1 hour ago, B and I said:

Hi all!

Hope everyone is staying safe and well during this scary and unprecedented time! My fiance was granted an emergency interview at the Macedonian embassy in October. I had written a letter to my local representative and our initial request was denied. The embassy then randomly called my fiance granting him an interview jus two days after the call they told him he had to get his medical the next day and emailed him a list of documents to gather. That morning (before the embassy called) I had booked a month long trip to Macedonia after not seeing each other for 9 months. We scrambled to gather all of the documentation his interview went easily and swiftly they did not tell him he was approved took his passport but didn't give him a 221g (I think it is called) and told him not to travel through any Schengen countries. Three days later we received notification from DHL that a package was ready for pickup. The visa was issued. He arrived lastnight at JFK!! I hope and pray you all reach the end of this heart wrenching journey soon!

His experience passing through JFK was very interesting they took his finger prints and the packets the embassy gave him (they gave him two) asked him to have a seat. He waited an hour and half and an officer came over and asked him where his documents were. He explained that he gave them to the first officer. They were scrambling to find them and eventually did. The officer was very flustered and held up a photo of me and asked him is this your wife? He replied that is my fiance. The officer replied oh yes right and then said you have 90 days to get married stamped his passport and said he was free to go. I thought they were giving him a document for the adjustment of status process but all he got was the stamp on his passport near the visa.  

If anyone would be so kind to please link a resource for next steps it would be soo appreciated because I was trying to prepare before he arrived and I was confused about the fees and the concurrent filing of the forms.

Thank you all immensely for your help on this journey and best of luck to you all! 

B and I

I'm glad he made it to your arms. BTW, the immigration agent was giving him a test on the wife/fiancé answer. Since your fiancé chose the correct answer he was on his way to you. If he had answered wife, he would have been on his way back home. 

Next steps are to get an SSN before you marry. It will save you a lot of headaches after the marriage. Also, to view the AOS process use the "guide" tab in the blue ribbon at the top of this page and seek out AOS. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm glad he made it to your arms. BTW, the immigration agent was giving him a test on the wife/fiancé answer. Since your fiancé chose the correct answer he was on his way to you. If he had answered wife, he would have been on his way back home. 

Next steps are to get an SSN before you marry. It will save you a lot of headaches after the marriage. Also, to view the AOS process use the "guide" tab in the blue ribbon at the top of this page and seek out AOS. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Hi @Greenbaum I want change my last name with my fiance's. But if we apply for ssn before marriage. How difficult its going be, to change my last name in SSN?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.