Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

1,258 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I haven't heard of any expedited K1 cases.  

I researched K1 approvals for the summer from all the countries.  The State Dept publishes reports of ALL visa approvals on a monthly basis.  MOST Embassies around the world have approved under 5 since Covid/Proclamation closures in April - except Philippines!  The Philippines has K1 approvals every month of 2020.  They started with 458 in January,  down to only 4/5 in April & May, but they are climbing steadily up again - where 52 other companies have ZERO.  I'd like to know how they manage that when almost every other country have declared they are incapable of processing them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is plenty, unfortunately I don’t have the right info on where to find it. There was a couple of people here alone from Australia and Mexico with emergency appts. 

phillipines, who knows, seems they go by their own rules over there lol 

16 hours ago, Mojito said:

Thank you for the response. Where did you find that information? Are they all of the "expedited" type of approval or are any of the regular typical non assisted K1 type? I have read the USEM is closed for ordinary K1 from many posters. I assume that if any K1 did get processed there, it was from people who had expedite ability. 

I gave you the link in my reply to find this information out. If you ask for help and then you don't take the time to use the help, what does that help become?

17 hours ago, Mojito said:

Who determines when a US Embassy (for instance in the Philippines) will open for K1 visa processing? Is it officials in the Philippine government or officials in the US government? If it is the US government, who in particular decides? Can a US Senator be contacted for help putting pressure on "whoever decides" to get the K1 process moving in the Manila Embassy? Just who is in charge of getting the US Manila Embassy opening and processing K1 visa's is unclear to me. 

Thank you, 

Here is the answer to your questions.

1. US President

2. DOS - Secretary of State

3. Embassy (when they get the all clear from the foreign government where the embassy is located. Currently Manila has been in lock down both within the country and the airports remain locked down for travel)

Can a US Senator be contacted for help putting pressure on "whoever decides" to get the K1 process moving in the Manila Embassy?  Yes, you can contact a Senator, but they can't "push a case forward" as USCIS, NVC and the Embassy MUST do their due diligence in properly vetting the visa application.

Just who is in charge of getting the US Manila Embassy opening and processing K1 visa's is unclear to me.   Many entities are involved in opening an embassy but the ultimate responsible lies with the Ambassador who reports to the U.S. Department of State for the reopening of their embassy.

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Greenbaum wondering if I can get your thoughts on this. Apologies if you've already answered.

I got my second "Ready" today. I have not contacted the Consulate at all, so I don't believe they would've accessed my case as part of me corresponding with them. Others reported getting their second "Ready" last week.

Are we still going with send P3 after second "Ready"? Or is the procedure different now post-shutdown/resuming operations? Might there be more than a first and second "Ready" as they start planning to resume?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I gave you the link in my reply to find this information out. If you ask for help and then you don't take the time to use the help, what does that help become?

Here is the answer to your questions.

1. US President

2. DOS - Secretary of State

3. Embassy (when they get the all clear from the foreign government where the embassy is located. Currently Manila has been in lock down both within the country and the airports remain locked down for travel)

Can a US Senator be contacted for help putting pressure on "whoever decides" to get the K1 process moving in the Manila Embassy?  Yes, you can contact a Senator, but they can't "push a case forward" as USCIS, NVC and the Embassy MUST do their due diligence in properly vetting the visa application.

Just who is in charge of getting the US Manila Embassy opening and processing K1 visa's is unclear to me.   Many entities are involved in opening an embassy but the ultimate responsible lies with the Ambassador who reports to the U.S. Department of State for the reopening of their embassy.

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

Thank you for the response. Greenbaum you have put out very much valuable information all over VJ and it is appreciated. Opening the Embassy has to be the K1 communities highest priority to get things moving from NVC to pre-covid shutdown K1 visa on hand levels in a timeframe similar to pre-covid. Understanding what can be done to get it open was my curiosity. Thanks again for your work here. 

6 hours ago, arae said:

@Greenbaum wondering if I can get your thoughts on this. Apologies if you've already answered.

I got my second "Ready" today. I have not contacted the Consulate at all, so I don't believe they would've accessed my case as part of me corresponding with them. Others reported getting their second "Ready" last week.

Are we still going with send P3 after second "Ready"? Or is the procedure different now post-shutdown/resuming operations? Might there be more than a first and second "Ready" as they start planning to resume?

Canada can be a strange duck! Send a copy of your P3 when your file goes to the second ready. Let's see what response you will get. Pre pandemic they would send P4 and you were on your way to scheduling and interview. But if you wait for the embassy then it could be 2-3 weeks wait. It's your call.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Canada can be a strange duck! Send a copy of your P3 when your file goes to the second ready. Let's see what response you will get. Pre pandemic they would send P4 and you were on your way to scheduling and interview. But if you wait for the embassy then it could be 2-3 weeks wait. It's your call.

If you can explain 2nd Ready as my case says ready. I do show 2 different ready results at bottom of message like a case 01 and case 02 both ready..

Thanks

Timeline
Just now, Erica 39 said:

If you can explain 2nd Ready as my case says ready. I do show 2 different ready results at bottom of message like a case 01 and case 02 both ready..

Thanks

Attached is my 3rd "Ready" date so far from the CEAC Visa Status Check website.  As a K1, it should come up as NIV(non-immigrant visa), but it consistently comes up as IV (immigrant visa) 

The first was in April, the 2nd was Aug 25, and now this - Sept 18 was recorded yesterday. 

Today I can no longer get a response to come up  when checking the CEAC Visa Status Check for either NIV/IV status.  

I anticipate the first date was when it arrived from the NVC to the Embassy.  The 2nd seems to correspond with the preparation for reopening the Embassy for K1 (Aug 28th) announcement. and earlier this month I contacted my Senator who promised to make contact and request movement, so it makes sense that the file is being updated again.  

I am HOPING that there will be some movement soon for all of us!

InkedCEAC - Updated 9.18_LI.jpg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, GinaCarterWebster said:

Attached is my 3rd "Ready" date so far from the CEAC Visa Status Check website.  As a K1, it should come up as NIV(non-immigrant visa), but it consistently comes up as IV (immigrant visa) 

The first was in April, the 2nd was Aug 25, and now this - Sept 18 was recorded yesterday. 

Today I can no longer get a response to come up  when checking the CEAC Visa Status Check for either NIV/IV status.  

I anticipate the first date was when it arrived from the NVC to the Embassy.  The 2nd seems to correspond with the preparation for reopening the Embassy for K1 (Aug 28th) announcement. and earlier this month I contacted my Senator who promised to make contact and request movement, so it makes sense that the file is being updated again.  

I am HOPING that there will be some movement soon for all of us!

InkedCEAC - Updated 9.18_LI.jpg

Thanks so much as this is what my cases appears as on website with 2nd Ready as of 9/2/2020. I pray some movement starts soon as I'm trying to plan wedding. 

Regards

Erica

2 hours ago, Erica 39 said:

Thanks

The first ready is the electronic version of your case file being received at the embassy. The second ready is the actual paper copy arriving. Case 01 and 02 usually refers to a K-1 you and a K-2 a child. Do you have a K-2?

1 hour ago, Erica 39 said:

Thanks so much as this is what my cases appears as on website with 2nd Ready as of 9/2/2020. I pray some movement starts soon as I'm trying to plan wedding. 

Regards

Erica

Do not sell your house, car, or property, resign from your job, or make non-refundable flight or other travel arrangements or wedding plans that require deposits until you have received your immigrant visa. I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two! 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

My fiance has a child however he will not be accompanying him on a K2. I understand the advice and weddings plans are with out deposits or those that can transferred with dates availability. 

Thanks

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The first ready is the electronic version of your case file being received at the embassy. The second ready is the actual paper copy arriving. Case 01 and 02 usually refers to a K-1 you and a K-2 a child. Do you have a K-2?

This cannot be correct as you can see my form also has a case 001 & 002 - and there are no children involved in my petition. 

11 hours ago, Erica 39 said:

My fiance has a child however he will not be accompanying him on a K2. I understand the advice and weddings plans are with out deposits or those that can transferred with dates availability. 

Thanks

The child will show automatically as they are listed on the application. You can choose to ignore the references to the child and proceed with just the K-1 but if you change your mind have the child with you at the interview and they will need the same paperwork and their own medical that you will present.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
17 hours ago, GinaCarterWebster said:

This cannot be correct as you can see my form also has a case 001 & 002 - and there are no children involved in my petition. 

Hey I just booked an appointment for October 2nd online. I don't know if they will cancell it but  Did you see the Facebook live today. They want to start back k1 in October

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.