Boiler

I'm not surprised female violence against men is on the rise

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/not-surprised-female-violence-against-men-rise-increasingly/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

On the day the Caroline Flack story broke in December, I sat around a pub table listening to a group of male friends discuss the issue of domestic violence by women. As someone passed around a picture of petite Flack besides the 6ft 4in tennis coach boyfriend whom the former Love Island host has been charged with assaulting, my friends unanimously declared the alleged incident “embarrassing.” Which struck me as an odd way to describe any event that left a man in need of medical attention.

Then something still more surprising happened: one by one, these men began admitting to their own experiences at the hands of women. And although each played it down – it was only “a slap”, “a shove” and “a Coke can thrown at my head” – I left that pub stunned by the following real life statistic: three out of four men I knew had suffered some form, however mild, of female abuse.  

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you for my evening bait thread, Boiler. :lol: I have to run out on an errand but I will read and digest and comment later. 😘

Timeline

Old ones are the best but do we not have issues mentioning she who is irrelevant?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Back to topic -- it's true that intimate partner violence against men is sadly downplayed and overlooked in our society. It's possible to bring it to light and give support to victims while not downplaying what is visited upon women as well. ❤️ 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Back to topic -- it's true that intimate partner violence against men is sadly downplayed and overlooked in our society. It's possible to bring it to light and give support to victims while not downplaying what is visited upon women as well. ❤️ 

Well as the Authoress points out, violence is violence and I would hope we would agree that the convictions and the support services are not proportionate. I have seen quite a few VAWA cases on here where the recommendation has been to leave and go to a shelter, and there are none.

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I pity poor Alex.

5 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I pity poor Alex.

He's fine. If you're really worried about him this evening, you should know he is not even here with me tonight. He's up in SF this evening and tomorrow.

I've never laid a hand on him in any way that he didn't ask me to. :D  

7 hours ago, laylalex said:

The downplaying of violence upon women isn't due to violence upon men being downplayed. That's because too many women have been lying (/fabricating violence), especially of late. A good place to direct one's ire.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline

It did not take long, so Felicia Sonmez, the lady reporter for the WaPo who dredged up the Kobe Rape case, suspended by her News(sic)paper and now is alleging numerous death threats and claiming insufficient guidance about how to protect herself.

Just seems a standard scenario now.

10 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

bathrooms.jpg

Actually Republicans be like,  let them have a gun

Democrats be like.. Pee on yourself and carry a rape whistle