The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

Sooo. Had my visa refused. Despite previous assurances, they do want a police record from Vietnam despite the fact that I never maintained residence for more than one year at a time. This will be a very complicated process. As per my understanding today, I will have to get a letter of attorney authenticated at the Vietnamese embassy in London, get my passport back from the US embassy and then send this, plus a form to my friend who will then have to go to the Justice office there and then wait for the record which I will then have to get translated and then certfied and then POSTED back to me because the interviewer insists on originals. So yeah, almost 20 weeks pregnant after four long hard years of trying and now have spent almost the entirety of the pregnancy separated from my husband and living with my parents. There aren't even words! 

Does anyone know anyone on this forum who has to go through the same? Could really do with some insider info. 

xx

13 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Sooo. Had my visa refused. Despite previous assurances, they do want a police record from Vietnam despite the fact that I never maintained residence for more than one year at a time. This will be a very complicated process. As per my understanding today, I will have to get a letter of attorney authenticated at the Vietnamese embassy in London, get my passport back from the US embassy and then send this, plus a form to my friend who will then have to go to the Justice office there and then wait for the record which I will then have to get translated and then certfied and then POSTED back to me because the interviewer insists on originals. So yeah, almost 20 weeks pregnant after four long hard years of trying and now have spent almost the entirety of the pregnancy separated from my husband and living with my parents. There aren't even words! 

Does anyone know anyone on this forum who has to go through the same? Could really do with some insider info. 

xx

Scrap this. I have found a workaround!!!! 

18 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

xx

I feel your pain!

We had a situation whereby we needed my Panamanian born wifes certificates from the authorities in Panama. Luckily my wife still has relatives there however Panama was in an almost complete Lockdown. We emailed a letter authorising the bearer (her aunt) to be given the certs. The certs then had to be couriered to us in UK then translated. Total cost was around 500! Then we didnt need them 😂😂😂

Hey ho.....pleased you have found a workaround🙂

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Hey everyone.

Any guesses on how this second lockdown will impact the embassy this time???

No idea. However I would check embassy website tomorrow, as soon as they open. Hopefully they will give some update?

This is what I had been using. Hope its of use.

Good luck.🙂

Edited by Stuwoolf

11 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Hey everyone.

Any guesses on how this second lockdown will impact the embassy this time???

This all really scary! I hope that they will open December calendar and allow us book an interview slot at least. 

5 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

No idea. However I would check embassy website tomorrow, as soon as they open. Hopefully they will give some update?

This is what I had been using. Hope its of use.

Good luck.🙂

thanks for the link! I keep hoping it wouldn’t be affected this time, but I think we all know deep inside what we’re going to find out tomorrow 🥺

3 minutes ago, Dags said:

This all really scary! I hope that they will open December calendar and allow us book an interview slot at least. 

thanks for the link! I keep hoping it wouldn’t be affected this time, but I think we all know deep inside what we’re going to find out tomorrow 🥺

I feel your pain. I really do.

As others said to me (and I know its not easy) try to stay positive.

Good luck.🙂

THE FINAL ACT.

Today I arrived at Miami airport and submitted my Immigration Packet to the Immigration Officer at Passport Control.

The Passport Control line at Miami airport was huge! However it didnt take too long.

I got to the Passport Control desk and submitted my passport, open at my visa page, along with the Immigration Packet sent to me by the London Embassy....unopened, of course!

The officer took my pic and asked my wife and I to wait for a second officer to take me to the next stage. The second officer arrived and asked us to follow him in to a side room. There were about 10 others in the room and most of whom were receiving what appeared to be some sort of interview. The second officer retained my Packet and passport.

About 40 minutes later I was called up to a booth in that sideroom and the officer manning the booth asked what address did I want my Green Card sent to. I gave a different address to that which was on the Packet. This was not a problem. The officer updated his IT Record with my revised delivery address.The officer explained my Visa would act as a Green Card for up to 12 months or until my GC arrived, usually within 6 months.

That was it! The officer handed back my passport and my wife and I left the sideroom to go collect our luggage. The officer even gave us helpful directions on where to go. Everyone was very pleasant.

So there you have it. My Visa Journey began on March 05 2020 and was brought to conclusion today, November 04 2020 at Miami Airport.

Once again, a sincere thank you to all who have helped and encouraged me. It was all worthwhile.

Edited by Stuwoolf

4 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

THE FINAL ACT.

Today I arrived at Miami airport and submitted my Immigration Packet to the Immigration Officer at Passport Control.

The Passport Control line at Miami airport was huge! However it didnt take too long.

I got to the Passport Control desk and submitted my passport, open at my visa page, along with the Immigration Packet sent to me by the London Embassy....unopened, of course!

The officer took my pic and asked my wife and I to wait for a second officer to take me to the next stage. The second officer arrived and asked us to follow him in to a side room. There were about 10 others in the room and most of whom were receiving what appeared to be some sort of interview. The second officer retained my Packet and passport.

About 40 minutes later I was called up to a booth in that sideroom and the officer manning the booth asked what address did I want my Green Card sent to. I gave a different address to that which was on the Packet. This was not a problem. The officer updated his IT Record with my revised delivery address.The officer explained my Visa would act as a Green Card for up to 12 months or until my GC arrived, usually within 6 months.

That was it! The officer handed back my passport and my wife and I left the sideroom to go collect our luggage. The officer even gave us helpful directions on where to go. Everyone was very pleasant.

So there you have it. My Visa Journey began on March 05 2020 and was brought to conclusion today, November 04 2020 at Miami Airport.

Once again, a sincere thank you to all who have helped and encouraged me. It was all worthwhile.

So happy for you Stu. All the best!! 

Hi everyone, havent been here in a while as life has been busy with our 6 month old. 

Just compiling all my paperwork at the moment (I have a drink driving conviction from 11 years ago so thats proving to be a little stressful).

Quick question, it says we need birth certificates from everyone, including my spouse. Is that the case? Shes the American so not sure why they would need her birth certificate. ITs currently back at her parents house in the US so would need to get it sent over.

Also, just seen your post StuWoolf, such amazing news! Congrats!

11 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

THE FINAL ACT.

Fantastic news. Very pleased for you. Congratulations!

53 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

Hi everyone, havent been here in a while as life has been busy with our 6 month old. 

Just compiling all my paperwork at the moment (I have a drink driving conviction from 11 years ago so thats proving to be a little stressful).

Quick question, it says we need birth certificates from everyone, including my spouse. Is that the case? Shes the American so not sure why they would need her birth certificate. ITs currently back at her parents house in the US so would need to get it sent over.

Also, just seen your post StuWoolf, such amazing news! Congrats!

No, fortunately, you don't need your US citizen spouse's birth certificate. They already have her proof of citizenship from the I-130 petition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 hours ago, AlanD26 said:

Did you get a Subject Access Report in addition to your police certificate?

Source: https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

Please note that effective November 5, the United States Embassy in London has limited visa appointment availability due to COVID-19 restrictions announced in England. If you have a scheduled appointment please check your email account regularly, including any junk or spam folders, as this is how applicants are notified about any changes. You can also sign in to your Visa Appointment Status account to check the current status of your appointment.

Really sorry to read this. Sincerely hope, if you are caught up in this change, things straighten out very soon.

Good luck everyone🙂

14 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Did you get a Subject Access Report in addition to your police certificate?

So the subject access remote looks like you get it if you don't recall the details of the event?

I'm in the process of getting the court records from the magistrates court (currently on hold to them now whilst I type this). That will contain all the details of my fine, circumstances and sentence which from what I read is what they're after.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

So the subject access remote looks like you get it if you don't recall the details of the event?

I'm in the process of getting the court records from the magistrates court (currently on hold to them now whilst I type this). That will contain all the details of my fine, circumstances and sentence which from what I read is what they're after.

In general for most interviews where charges, especially cautions, are considered it is better to have an actual report rather than thinking a personal retelling will be sufficient. If you have specifics already on your police certificate or get the court record then you have some facts to present. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.