The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nickyducky said:

FINALLY!!!! I GOT MY LND NUMBER!!!

we tried contacting the DOS (no help really. Just told us to keep contacting the embassy)

I sent ANOTHER email to the Embassy, only this time changed my subject line to:

”PLEASE HELP!!! STILL WAITING FOR LND SINCE FEBRUARY”

that seemed to do the trick as they replied telling me my case number has been approved!

now the mad rush for medical and interview appointments begins. 

SO relieved though. Finally we have some kind of light on the horizon! 😀

Alrighhhhhttttt. Such good news! Can’t believe the subject line did it🥴 

image.png.f052f38244044e6bab5c71db66506b65.png

Sunday I  booked a flight for him and the kids for the end of October and then immediately afterwards was like, "what if something goes wrong!? He doesn't have the visa in hand!! Why did I do that !?!" I forgot I could actually check CEAC now.  Still not in hand, but I feel better knowing it's not stuck in AP.  And his ticket is flexible so we could change it if we need to.  

9 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

image.png.f052f38244044e6bab5c71db66506b65.png

Sunday I  booked a flight for him and the kids for the end of October and then immediately afterwards was like, "what if something goes wrong!? He doesn't have the visa in hand!! Why did I do that !?!" I forgot I could actually check CEAC now.  Still not in hand, but I feel better knowing it's not stuck in AP.  And his ticket is flexible so we could change it if we need to.  

Woohoo! Great news.

Good luck🙂

22 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Hiya

This may be a super dumb question but for those of you whose spouses are already in the US and are acting as your sponsor, did you get them to fill in the form and then post it to you or did you just print it out? I ask because it says we need original documents? 

I'm not in the States (I'm the USC spouse) but I filled my I-864 in electronically and printed it, so other than signature I don't know how the CO would know it wasn't original.  Also, my joint sponsor is in the States and he filled his out electronically too, printed it, signed the pages that needed signed, scanned it and then emailed it back to me and I printed it out and the Embassy had no problem taking those.    

It's not a dumb question.  This whole processes makes you second-guess yourself every step of the way.  I wouldn't wait for the form to be posted to you, unless you're happy to take the time to do that.  If you're not in a hurry, I guess it would be fine either way.

Edited by The4Sands

10 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

I'm not in the States (I'm the USC spouse) but I filled my I-864 in electronically and printed it, so other than signature I don't know how the CO would know it wasn't original.  Also, my joint sponsor is in the States and he filled his out electronically too, printed it, signed the pages that needed signed, scanned it and then emailed it back to me and I printed it out and the Embassy had no problem taking those.    

It's not a dumb question.  This whole processes makes you second-guess yourself every step of the way.  I wouldn't wait for the form to be posted to you, unless you're happy to take the time to do that.  If you're not in a hurry, I guess it would be fine either way.

An interesting and indeed logical view on this. We have expedited the delivery of the Joint Sponsor Form from the US based Sponsor. Simply because, as I understood it, the form had to be original with an original signature.

We are all bending over backwards to ensure we meet the requirement.

Is there someone out there who has interviewed  recently and can tell us which method they used?

Good luck everyone🙂

7 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

Is there someone out there who has interviewed  recently and can tell us which method they used?

@Cauldron it might be worth checking in the UK forum on the CR1/IR1 thread if you haven't already.  All of those people have their USC in the States already.

8 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

@Cauldron it might be worth checking in the UK forum on the CR1/IR1 thread if you haven't already.  All of those people have their USC in the States already.

The DOS came out with a policy a few years ago stating that a 'wet' signature was no longer required for the I-864. Although technically this refers to people submitting their documents to the NVC, I don't see why it wouldn't apply to DCF filers. Prior to this policy being introduced, it sounds like it was pretty consulate specific with some consulates requiring an ink signature whilst others (e.g. London) were far more relaxed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cauldron said:

Hiya

This may be a super dumb question but for those of you whose spouses are already in the US and are acting as your sponsor, did you get them to fill in the form and then post it to you or did you just print it out? I ask because it says we need original documents? 

I have known dozen of people over the last few years who have submitted scanned and emailed affidavits of support and evidence. It should have the signature on it before scanning. I think when London mentions original documents on their website instructions, they mean birth certificates, marriage certificates, and those kind of official civil documents.  Concerning those who recently went through NVC, the embassy is going with the affidavit of support already uploaded to NVC and not asking for it again (as an “original”)  on interview day. The only problem reported has been three being told there is no W2 on record and to upload it again. All were sure it was already uploaded, so that was puzzling why the embassy said the W2 needed another upload. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Its pretty quiet in here these past few days. Have all the DCF Tail Enders now received their numbers etc? I do hope so.

Good luck everyone🙂

Edited by Stuwoolf

1 minute ago, Stuwoolf said:

Its pretty quiet in here these past few days. Have all the DCF Tail Enders now received their numbers etc? I do hope so.

Good luck everyone🙂

I guess we're the end of DCF as we know it.  I imagine this part of the forum in general will be very quiet going forward.  

His passport with visa and immigration packet have finally arrived!!!  I was beginning to think DX was going to keep it forever.  Whew.  One more thing off the the list.  Back to packing!!

4 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

His passport with visa and immigration packet have finally arrived!!!  I was beginning to think DX was going to keep it forever.  Whew.  One more thing off the the list.  Back to packing!!

Almost there🙂

19 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

Almost there🙂

Just received my police report back this morning. Will be hopefully in London next week at my son needs his US passport renewing. Will be trying to arrange medical for one of the days while we’re in town since we’re traveling down from Wales.

then will be the adventures in arranging an interview date. 

2 minutes ago, nickyducky said:

Just received my police report back this morning. Will be hopefully in London next week at my son needs his US passport renewing. Will be trying to arrange medical for one of the days while we’re in town since we’re traveling down from Wales.

then will be the adventures in arranging an interview date. 

I too thought organising the appointments would be difficult. However with a call to VisaMedical and repeated checks of the website I was pleasently surprised.

Good luck🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.