The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

Has anyone else been asked to submit additional documents via the CEAC website? I needed a translation of a police cert and since they've seen the original they said a digital copy of the translation would be fine. However, the instructions they gave me shows a screenshot of the CEAC site that includes a "documents" tab in the top menu and when I log in there is no such tab. I'm assuming it's because my case is DCF and so I didn't upload any documents to the NVC via the CEAC site. 

I've emailed the embassy on LNDIVSubmissions@state.gov with my translation attached. I hope this is the right email address, anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

Well, thats that then! Woohoo. Had my interview today, Approved, and will receive the business "within about a week".

Thank you to all the help I was given from Visa Journey.

Thank you.

My report is here

Congratulations!!! 🎉 

hi everyone, congrats on the progress and latest approval! Not quite DFC related, but it's expedite case and to do with scheduling interview. 

Just wanted to find out what experience you've had with trying to find/arrange an interview slot via the calendar website? 
I've been expedite, and I've got LND number, however I'm struggling to find any slots right now :(  any advise? 

4 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Congrats! Just read your report. Can I ask, when you said asked for your DS60 do you mean the let r confining you have filled the return? Also, did you have to do the copies of your police report? 

I took a print of the DS260 (was it necessary? Who knows, bit it gave me comfort) and the Confirmation Page. I think a copy of the DS260 can be printed when you login to the embassy website (as you would do when looking for an interview appointment date)

I was asked for copies of Police Reports. Along with the translation (from German)

I would suggest taking 1 copy of every original document taken to the interview. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Perhaps the Interviewing Officer would run off a copy which would be great. However, if the IO didnt and insisted YOU present the copy, then you could be in a world of angst.

Its individual choice but personally I prefer to have a copy and not need it.

If you stick to the list produced by os306 and the subsequent discussion,  you shouldnt go far wrong.

Good luck🙂

Edited by Stuwoolf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Congrats! Just read your report. Can I ask, when you said asked for your DS60 do you mean the let r confining you have filled the return? Also, did you have to do the copies of your police report? 

They want you to bring the confirmation you got when you submitted the DS-260. They can pull up your form by the number on your confirmation if they need to. 

On 10/20/2020 at 4:28 PM, nickyducky said:

So yesterday I had my visa medical. Very smooth process. I actually ended up staying over at the Holiday Inn Express Oxford circus, which is actually on the same block as the visa medical building. Literally like a one minute walk. 

as of this morning there still wasn’t any interview appointments available, but my wife was checking all the way home in the car refreshing the page and wouldn’t you believe November dates were released!! Needless to say we booked immediately, so as of right now, my interview will be November 16th. We could have gotten earlier but since Wales will be in a 2 week fire lockdown next week, November 16th gives us time to get through that and see what the situation is. 

crossing my fingers for no more holdups

Congrats on getting appointment booked! :) I'm on the same boat right now. Got medical coming n next week - Wed 4th November. However, I'm struggling with getting an interview booked! How long did it take for you to find one? I've been checking for nearly a week right now and there is currently no slots available at all :( 

On 10/20/2020 at 4:28 PM, nickyducky said:

So yesterday I had my visa medical. Very smooth process. I actually ended up staying over at the Holiday Inn Express Oxford circus, which is actually on the same block as the visa medical building. Literally like a one minute walk. 

as of this morning there still wasn’t any interview appointments available, but my wife was checking all the way home in the car refreshing the page and wouldn’t you believe November dates were released!! Needless to say we booked immediately, so as of right now, my interview will be November 16th. We could have gotten earlier but since Wales will be in a 2 week fire lockdown next week, November 16th gives us time to get through that and see what the situation is. 

crossing my fingers for no more holdups

Regarding hotels.......on Sunday Oct 25, we stayed at Travelodge Vauxhall as it is 10 mins walk to Embassy.

The Travelodge is located adjacent to a bus terminus. Its not possible to stop you car and unpack any bags. Thankfully St George Warf car park (£38 for 20 or so hours) is about 5 mins walk away, in the same direction of Embassy. 

IMO close proximity to the Embassy was the hotels only good point.

The room was fine except for issues with bathroom, ie no soap for shower, loose toilet seat and light out above mirror. In addition, next day I noticed there was a plastic bag covering the celing mounted smoke detector in the main room area. Rather odd, not to mention unsafe.

Quite honestly I was annoyed and embarrassed I had subjected my wife to this place. Had I known of an alternative hotel available we would not have stayed. With this pandemic I will  definately not us a bus or, unless there is zero option, a taxi.

As we scrambled across a busy road to get to the Travelodge, just before we passed thru the bus terminus, a rat scurried past us (about 8 feet away)......that did not make for a happy hotel guest that night. Thankfully my wife didnt see it. When I told her, after checking out, to my surprise, she wasnt too bothered. She said the rats in NYC subway are as big as cats!😂

I recall reading somewhere, in big cities we are never more than a few feet away from rats......aint that the truth!😂😂😂

Anyway, that was our experience.

Good luck everyone🙂

Edited by Stuwoolf

A few days back someone asked how long it took to receive their passport from the Embassy after their interview. This is my timeline.

My Interview took place at 10:10AM on Monday October 26.

Received an email 2:00PM on Tuesday October 27 advising the courier had my documents. Checking the tracking link for the courier,  my docs were scheduled for delivery to me on October 28.

My passport, with Visa attached, along with the White Envelope (not to be opened!) were delivered today, Wednesday October 28 at 2.10PM.

The visa journey is complete....now the next stage of the journey.

Thanks again goes to all who have given me advice and support. Much appreciated.

Good luck everyone🙂

3 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

A few days back someone asked how long it took to receive their passport from the Embassy after their interview. This is my timeline.

My Interview took place at 10:10AM on Monday October 26.

Received an email 2:00PM on Tuesday October 27 advising the courier had my documents. Checking the tracking link for the courier,  my docs were scheduled for delivery to me on October 28.

My passport, with Visa attached, along with the White Envelope (not to be opened!) were delivered today, Wednesday October 28 at 2.10PM.

The visa journey is complete....now the next stage of the journey.

Thanks again goes to all who have given me advice and support. Much appreciated.

Good luck everyone🙂

Congrats! :) question : did you struggle with fining an interview slot when booking it?

4 minutes ago, Dags said:

Congrats! :) question : did you struggle with fining an interview slot when booking it?

Yes, it was not so straight forward, although the issue for me was not so much availability but my readiness (was awaiting foreign police cert and then the translation) and slotting in an available date to my work schedule, making arrangements to get there (Glasgow to London is a helluva drive!). As mentioned previously, frequent check of the Booking Calendar and refreshing the screen works wonders.

Good luck.🙂

6 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

Yes, it was not so straight forward, although the issue for me was not so much availability but my readiness (was awaiting foreign police cert and then the translation) and slotting in an available date to my work schedule, making arrangements to get there (Glasgow to London is a helluva drive!). As mentioned previously, frequent check of the Booking Calendar and refreshing the screen works wonders.

Good luck.🙂

Thanks a lot! Yeah there was couple available for this/next week, but not ready due to medical. But currently there is none at all! I think this is the worst part lol. But here I go and keep refreshing it! 

7 hours ago, Dags said:

Congrats on getting appointment booked! :) I'm on the same boat right now. Got medical coming n next week - Wed 4th November. However, I'm struggling with getting an interview booked! How long did it take for you to find one? I've been checking for nearly a week right now and there is currently no slots available at all :( 

Sorry, Dags I only Just saw this but see that Stu already answered your question. 

for me, I don’t know if it was sheer coincidence, but weirdly after I’d done my medical and was on the way home from London, my wife checked and more appointments opened up. I wonder if maybe once the system registers that you’ve done the medical, your number is more likely to have a chance at getting an interview date... I don’t know. 

keep trying though! Fingers crossed you get lucky like I did.

16 hours ago, nickyducky said:

Sorry, Dags I only Just saw this but see that Stu already answered your question. 

for me, I don’t know if it was sheer coincidence, but weirdly after I’d done my medical and was on the way home from London, my wife checked and more appointments opened up. I wonder if maybe once the system registers that you’ve done the medical, your number is more likely to have a chance at getting an interview date... I don’t know. 

keep trying though! Fingers crossed you get lucky like I did.

thanks a lot! :) it's driving me crazy. I'm checking it like multiple times a day lol 

15 minutes ago, Dags said:

thanks a lot! :) it's driving me crazy. I'm checking it like multiple times a day lol 

Thats probably the best thing to do.

Good luck🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.