Jump to content

560 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Anybody else file their I-130 this month with the (soon-to-be-closed) USCIS office in London?   Two Fridays ago they were processing applications from the the start of November 2019 and this past Friday they were processing ones from the start of December 2019.  The tracking on my application package said it was signed for on 13/01/20, but I don't expect to get notice of receipt until the end of this week at the earliest. 

 

I'm American (but have residency here in the UK) and my husband in British.  I'd really like for my husband to be in the States by the end of the year, but I don't know how realistic that is.  Anybody else in the same/similar position?  Any tips or advice from those who are further along in their journey?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you got a NOA1, and you have a DCF case in London, I'm pretty confident the whole process will be done before 2021.

 

Most estimates from filing to visa in hand for DCF are location based, but with other offices closing and cases being moved around from closed USCIS field offices, it can take a bit, but definitely not as long as US processing center cases.

If you don't get any RFEs in either step and issue all documents quickly and correctly, I think you could have the visa by summer.

 

You can track other UK DCF filers and their dates here.


visa Issued

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, The4Sands said:

 

I'm American (but have residency here in the UK) and my husband in British.  I'd really like for my husband to be in the States by the end of the year, but I don't know how realistic that is.  Anybody else in the same/similar position?  Any tips or advice from those who are further along in their journey?  

 

It is realistic for him to be there by summer if you get your ducks in a row now.

 

Your London embassy website instruction https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

Start learning the process. Once USCIS London approves and sends the file to the Immigrant Visa Unit, he will follow those instructions.

  • Order police certificate
  • Get your US tax return for 2019 filed soon to turn in with your Affidavit of Support I-864 (If you were employed).
  • Gather the needed interview documents now. They provide a list on the website
  • Prepare for the medical exam now by reading the clinic's website. They have a list of what to bring http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm
  • Plan a visit with his GP office soon to get his Health Care Summary and shot record. NHS can be slow to accommodate so get that in hand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, The4Sands said:

Anybody else file their I-130 this month with the (soon-to-be-closed) USCIS office in London?   Two Fridays ago they were processing applications from the the start of November 2019 and this past Friday they were processing ones from the start of December 2019.  The tracking on my application package said it was signed for on 13/01/20, but I don't expect to get notice of receipt until the end of this week at the earliest. 

 

I'm American (but have residency here in the UK) and my husband in British.  I'd really like for my husband to be in the States by the end of the year, but I don't know how realistic that is.  Anybody else in the same/similar position?  Any tips or advice from those who are further along in their journey?  

Hello 

I am in the same boat as you. It’s nice to hear from someone who is going through almost the exact experience. I am an American who has ILR and married to a British citizen. We filed our I-130 on 7th of October and they gave us a priority date of 10th October 2019. We got the approval through the post on 7th January so it was pretty quick. We are just starting the DS-260 online and it’s quite a process so far. Also trying to get my us taxes and joint sponsor forms ready and it’s quite overwhelming 🔫

 

Dm me and we can speak but I definitely think you and your husband will be stateside before you know it. 

 

Good luck!! 

 

Alice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@The4Sands @pacific northwest

 

There is a UK regional forum on VJ where you can ask questions or read topics specific to London such as the medical clinic in London, the required Health Care summary from NHS, interview experiences at the embassy, waiver of the varicella shot, etc. 

 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

 

I'll warn you ahead of time, the pinned thread on UK DCF is donkey's years old and outdated so don't bother with it. VJ admins won't unpin those old threads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all so much for your replies.  Although we've told our families that we're planning to move, we haven't really told anyone else because we didn't know how long the whole process would take so it's nice to speak to someone about it.

 

17 hours ago, pacific northwest said:

Hello 

I am in the same boat as you. It’s nice to hear from someone who is going through almost the exact experience. I am an American who has ILR and married to a British citizen. We filed our I-130 on 7th of October and they gave us a priority date of 10th October 2019. We got the approval through the post on 7th January so it was pretty quick. We are just starting the DS-260 online and it’s quite a process so far. Also trying to get my us taxes and joint sponsor forms ready and it’s quite overwhelming 🔫

 

Dm me and we can speak but I definitely think you and your husband will be stateside before you know it. 

 

Good luck!! 

 

Alice 

Alice, I'm glad it's not just me who's looking at the DS-260 and finding it quite intense! Will DM you.

 

16 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

@The4Sands @pacific northwest

 

There is a UK regional forum on VJ where you can ask questions or read topics specific to London such as the medical clinic in London, the required Health Care summary from NHS, interview experiences at the embassy, waiver of the varicella shot, etc. 

 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

 

I'll warn you ahead of time, the pinned thread on UK DCF is donkey's years old and outdated so don't bother with it. VJ admins won't unpin those old threads. 

That's really helpful, Wuozopo, thank you very much.  Will have a look at that UK regional forum, I hadn't seen it before (I'm still getting the hang of Visa Journey!) and it sounds like it will be very useful.

 

Thanks again for all your input, it's helps toward keeping me sane, particularly while we're waiting!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat (US citizen married to British husband)! You should definitely be able to move before the end of the year. We were pretty shocked at how fast things have been for us...

 

We just finished up our DS-260, so let me know if you need any help. My main tip is to keep saving as you go, because the form kept randomly timing out and losing most of what we'd typed in. The medical + embassy interviews were both easy to schedule - it seems like there's a lot of availability in the coming months.

 

For the medical: I wouldn't do any vaccinations before the medical, because the embassy's vaccination list is confusing and doesn't list which ones are considered regionally waived. You may end up doing more vaccinations than necessary. You'll also need a GP Care Summary Report and record of your vaccinations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi - US citizen in London for the next several months with my Polish gf who is working here.  We want to move to the USA later this year.  We are open to getting married here/now or later in the USA.

 

What is important to us is:

 

1)  Not having to spend a bunch of time apart

2)  Her being able to travel internationally after she gets to the USA

3)  Her being able to work quickly when she gets to the USA

 

I initially thought we should do I-129F which would come thru around the time we are planning to move to the USA, but then found out that the work and intl travel approvals take many months after she gets to the USA whilst awaiting her Green card.  So that is not ideal.  

 

Can someone tell me if the DCF process is a good option for us? 

 

And if so, does anyone know anything more specific about the "soon to be closing in the UK" question?

 

Anything you can point me to that allows me to get up to speed on this quickly would be appreciated.

 

Thus far from some quick reading, I foresee a couple of issues/questions:

 

1)  I don't have residence here yet (UK immigration is "working on it", but hope to have it soon)

2)  She is Polish, so I don't know if that means she has to do this in Poland or if she can do it here in the UK.

 

I'll likely call the USA embassy/consulate here in London myself tomorrow, but thought I'd check here for info first.

 

Thanks!

 

 

Edited by David and Anna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, David and Anna said:

Can someone post a phone number for the USCIS for DCF in London?  Thanks!

 

This is the USCIS LONDON page that’s explains eligibility and walks you through the process with forms and checklists.

 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/i130filing-html/?_ga=2.156832563.94704503.1579783751-1175618092.1579527050

 

Who May File:

U.S. citizens meeting the UK Residency Requirement (valid UK Residency Card; EU passport; U.S. military PCS ordersAND residing in the United Kingdom filing on behalf of their spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21 or parent who will be processed for their immigrant visa from the U.S. Consulate in London.  If the beneficiary (spouse, child or parent) will receive the immigrant visa from a U.S. Consulate in a different country other than the United Kingdom, the U.S. citizen petitioner must file the I-130 with the Dallas Lockbox.

 

Note: Email is our preferred means of communication. We recommend that you provide your email address in any correspondence you send us so that we may reply quickly. A self-addressed stamped envelope with adequate British postage is required if you prefer a response by mail.

Email

USCIS.london@uscis.dhs.gov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, meese said:

For the medical: I wouldn't do any vaccinations before the medical, because the embassy's vaccination list is confusing and doesn't list which ones are considered regionally waived. You may end up doing more vaccinations than necessary. You'll also need a GP Care Summary Report and record of your vaccinations. 

There are only four shots for adult immigration.

 

In the United Kingdom (for adults 19+) 

Varicella is waived if you have had chickenpox. It is also waived for “not routinely available” because the UK does not immunize for chickenpox. You do not need the shot for a spouse visa.
Influenza is waived only for a medical given between April 1 and Sept 30 when it is not flu season. Until the end of March, you need one. NHS will only give to children and the elderly so go to Boots or one of the grocery store clinics that offer it. 


Need previous record of, or a new shot

Mumps/Measles/Rubella

Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis If you had that as a child, then only Tetanus/Diphtheria needs to be given as the booster. Need to have one with a date within the last 10 years. In the UK, NHS give the shot brand called Revaxis which has Tetanus/Diphtheria plus Polio. You don’t need the polio part for immigration, but no problem that it is included with the Tetanus/Diphtheria that you do need.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone!

 

i hope your applications are going well!

 

i am an American Citizen in the UK and I also have British Citizenship. 
My husband and I have recently decided to relocate to the States and until today I thought the only option was to apply via the US route through their offices. 
I am glad to see that can be avoided as the processing times are shocking!

 

My only question is about the proving the marriage part, although we’ve been married for 3 years in July, I’ve kept all of my documents addressed at my mom’s house because we intended on buying a house within a year of the wedding but that didn’t happen. We have been living with his parents since Oct 2017 and I have not registered anything here just because the intent was to buy our own house and prevent the hassle of changing everything twice in such a short period. 
 

which is why I won’t be able to show us having a lease/mortgage in joint names or even us being registered at the same address. Has anyone got any ideas of how to overcome this? My husband has given me a bank card that’s linked to his and I have all of my deliveries sent to his parents as I live there and other bits I suppose but nothing substantial. We have been in few vacations, including the states and I changed my last name as soon as we got married so I can prove in other regards the marriage is real and we do live together. Any help would be great. 
 

we have a pre booked vacation to the States next month so wondering whether to hold off applying until after we come back but I’m worried about the London office closing? He has an ESTA and a well paid and secure job here so there’s no reason to stay in the States.

 

I am studying for the US bar so I don’t work at the moment- are there any other routes to fulfill the financial obligation aspect required? 
 

thank you so much and apologies for my long message! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, FA081 said:

I am studying for the US bar so I don’t work at the moment- are there any other routes to fulfill the financial obligation aspect required? 

Move to the US ahead of him and get a job.

Have 3 times the required yearly salary in assets.

Get a joint sponsor in the US who makes enough to cover his own family size plus your husband.

 

The instructions for the I-864 explain options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Move to the US ahead of him and get a job.

Have 3 times the required yearly salary in assets.

Get a joint sponsor in the US who makes enough to cover his own family size plus your husband.

 

The instructions for the I-864 explain options.

Thanks!

 

that is my intention, to be looking for a job and hopefully have it arranged by March. 
do you know much about the domicile part? I moved to the UK when I was a teenager and stayed here since (15 years) so now I don’t have any bank accounts etc in the US but I do have my father and family. So in terms of showing domicile will this be an issue I can’t overcome?

 

also- the form has the addresses to input- do I put my UK address or the address which I intend to move to in the US which is my uncle’s as he is happy to allow us to stay until we get our house which we will as soon as he is entitled to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...