The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

Thats amazing news, congrats!

COVID has massively delayed our plans and we now wont be moving over to the US until we have got the vaccine here in the UK.

Your reluctance is understandable. Was on our minds too but in the end we decided to come over. Our lives had been on hold long enough. The vaccine situation at least here in the part of Florida we are in, seems to be improving. My MiL got hers the other day. Walked in, sign the papers, got the jab and off she went. Job done. Dont know about situation regarding any Follow - Up.

Good luck🙂

Edited by Stuwoolf

• 1 month later...

Hi again everyone,

Been really quiet on this front recently, I hope everyone has finally been processed. I'm now in a position to book my interview with the vaccine roll out going so well over here in the UK.

I have however hit a stumbling block. When going to book my interview I get this come up

Interview.jpg

Did you lot get the same issue when trying to book yours? Did you just keep trying again and again until it worked? Be great to hear some feedback from people when they booked. Based from previous experience of trying to contact the embassy I suspect I wont get much information from them.

Thanks all.

9 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

Hi again everyone,

Been really quiet on this front recently, I hope everyone has finally been processed. I'm now in a position to book my interview with the vaccine roll out going so well over here in the UK.

I have however hit a stumbling block. When going to book my interview I get this come up

Interview.jpg

Did you lot get the same issue when trying to book yours? Did you just keep trying again and again until it worked? Be great to hear some feedback from people when they booked. Based from previous experience of trying to contact the embassy I suspect I wont get much information from them.

Thanks all.

Hey there, don’t get discouraged ☺️ You just need to keep checking it few times a days. It took me over a week to find an available spot. I also tried to contact the embassy, but I can say it’s really pointless as they will just tell you to keep checking the calendar. 

it will happen soon. Good Luck! 🤞🏼

On another note - just so anyone interested know - I got my SSN week and half after entering US. And got my green card 3 weeks after! 😱

I agree with Dags, just hold in there. It's super disheartening to keep getting that message but they do release dates in batches so keep checking everyday. 

I arrived in the US Feb 19th and still waiting for my green card (I already have an SSN). 

Thanks both for the feedback. I had the same drama when trying to get my son a slot to get his US passport.

The way its worded is pretty open ended so really appreciate you getting back to me so fast, Ill keep checking.

Really glad to hear so many of you have now completed the process and have got over there. Hope you're all doing well.

Edited by AlanD26

3 minutes ago, eilten said:

I agree with Dags, just hold in there. It's super disheartening to keep getting that message but they do release dates in batches so keep checking everyday. 

I arrived in the US Feb 19th and still waiting for my green card (I already have an SSN). 

Yes it definitely pushes your patience. To be fair all that process does 😂

I arrived on Feb 17th. I was super surprised when I opened the envelope. Wasn’t expecting it so fast!  I did pay the fee back in November, right after the interview. So maybe that helped 🤷🏼‍♀️

6 hours ago, AlanD26 said:

Did you lot get the same issue when trying to book yours? Did you just keep trying again and again until it worked?

Pretty much what the others have said. I remember doing mine last June (yikes cant believe it's been that long) and they just randomly appeared one day, gone the next, then back a few days later. Just keep checking. 

I entered the US in September on my Immigrant Visa (although I didn't actually move here until Jan) and I think my SSN arrived within 3 weeks and the GC in about 6. 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:56 PM, Morgan5698 said:

I entered the US in September on my Immigrant Visa (although I didn't actually move here until Jan) and I think my SSN arrived within 3 weeks and the GC in about 6. 

Oh wow! It’s true. Can’t believe it’s been that long now. 

I entered at the end of August. I got my ssn in 10 days, but it took 4 months for the GC. 

Arrived in the US on the 5th of Feb. Happy to report that my physical green card arrived in the mail yesterday! Was expecting a much longer wait. I already had a SSN from when I was living in the US on a visa previously, so don’t need to wait for that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 6:20 AM, os306 said:

Arrived in the US on the 5th of Feb. Happy to report that my physical green card arrived in the mail yesterday! Was expecting a much longer wait. I already had a SSN from when I was living in the US on a visa previously, so don’t need to wait for that. 

Great news! 

On the SSN, it might be worth it—sometime after COVID when SSA offices open up again—to go in to update their records that you're now a GC holder. 
That way you can get a social security card that doesn't have the "work authorisation" wording on it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, I have a question about the USCIS online system my.uscis.gov that hopefully someone can help me with.

I arrived in the US on Feb 19th and I still don't have my green card, it's almost 90 days now so I'm getting nervous that I've slipped through the cracks somewhere. I've send a few messages through the online portal to bug the USCIS team but they just keep sending me the generic "wait" message and not actually answering my question.

One thing that has me specifically concerned is that when I log into my.uscis.gov and check my case status and history, the latest information they have recorded for me is that I paid my immigrant fee on Jan 22. No mention of me entering the country on Feb 19th. Does anyone remember (or can anyone check for me please?) if their status/history updated at all after they had entered the US but before they had their green card arrive?

Thanks!

@eilten My husband had the same. It only showed us having paid the fee till it showed that his card was being printed. 

He entered at the end of October 2020 and he only got his green card a few weeks ago. I think it’s just a really slow process right now. When I inquired about it being outside the processing time, they told me it wasn’t currently. 

I know it’s hard, but try to not stress. It will come!!!!

5 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

@eilten My husband had the same. It only showed us having paid the fee till it showed that his card was being printed. 

He entered at the end of October 2020 and he only got his green card a few weeks ago. I think it’s just a really slow process right now. When I inquired about it being outside the processing time, they told me it wasn’t currently. 

I know it’s hard, but try to not stress. It will come!!!!

Thanks so much, that's such a relief to know I'm not the only one it is dragging on for.

5 hours ago, eilten said:

One thing that has me specifically concerned is that when I log into my.uscis.gov and check my case status and history, the latest information they have recorded for me is that I paid my immigrant fee on Jan 22. No mention of me entering the country on Feb 19th. Does anyone remember (or can anyone check for me please?) if their status/history updated at all after they had entered the US but before they had their green card arrive?

You're good with this. Mine was the same after entering the country last September for about 6 weeks then one day just changed to 'Card Being Printed' or something like that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.