aliskay2003

I wanna know if I m eligible for DCF? (merged)

50 posts in this topic

I m stationned actually in South Korea (camp Humphreys)as soldier .My wife and my son live in Rome (Italy) now.I have appointment With US Ambassy (Seoul) soon  to submit my  petition I-130.My question is Us Ambassy in Seoul gonna transfer my I 130 to Rome?what is the requirement to be eligible for DCF?thank you

You'd need to live in the country with the beneficiary to take advantage of DCF.  You need to just submit to the lockbox in Chicago. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Okay.  This is, in fact, with the Consular Section, not USCIS.  They must have approval from USCIS to accept your petition.  They probably have no idea your wife is in Italy at this point -- unless you specifically told them that when making the appointment.  So, there's no real answer to your question whether you qualify for DCF until you go to the appointment and they review your paperwork.  It will be their decision at that time whether you meet the qualification to file with them and what then happens with the petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder if they know your wife lives in Italy?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The form below is to request or change the appointment for a Form I-130 immigrant petition interview.  U.S. Embassy Seoul conducts I-130 petition interviews on Wednesday mornings, excluding U.S. and Korean holidays.

To qualify for the exception for U.S. military service members, the petitioner and the beneficiary must meet the following conditions:

• Petitioner, active duty service member, with PCS orders on an assignment to a U.S. military base in Korea, and
  • Filing for your parent, spouse, or child (including step and adopted child), and
  • Beneficiary, residing in Korea.

You are NOT qualified for this exception if you are:

• A Department of Defense (DOD) contractor
  • A DOD civilian
  • A military reserve member

Note:  We conduct I-130 petition interviews by appointment only

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So your wife is moving to Korea?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, aliskay2003 said:

I hope they gonna do exception for me as military.

Well what you posted says that the beneficiary needs to be a resident of Korea. If she's not it's not working. It's already a huge exception to be able to do DCF in generall as a active duty military member. 

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 minutes ago, aliskay2003 said:

I don’t know what gonna happens?i sent them email and explain my situation they said it is ok.Problably they gonna transfer my case in italy?or they gonna expedite my process?

I have no clue what they'll do. Please keep us posted. Would be interesting to see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.