Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Status “In process” on June 30, 2021

Status “Approved” on August 12, 2021

Thanks for the timeline. Looks like it takes about 2 weeks to "process" everything. Hopefully it's going to be no longer than that with my passport.

38 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Received Passport Book on August 16, 2021 (10.5 Weeks)

Congrats!!!

25 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Thanks for the timeline. Looks like it takes about 2 weeks to "process" everything. Hopefully it's going to be no longer than that with my passport.

Congrats!!!

it's 6 weeks.   June 30th to Aug 12th

On 8/12/2021 at 2:27 AM, bkoz said:

Late night venting (and a cautionary tale if anyone is considering standard service) because this is beyond frustrating. 

My wife became a US citizen on 04/14.

She applied for her passport @ USPS on 04/26, standard service.  Quoted 12 weeks at the time, and we weren't in a hurry, so why spend the extra $60?

First sign of trouble (actually, the only sign of anything in this whole process) was that check was only cashed on 06/07, which is the same day the application finally showed up as being "in process."

and....

....not a goddamn thing since then.  Today marks 15 weeks and 3 days since she applied.  In the meantime, they pulled a switcheroo and the expected timeframe for standard service is now 18 weeks.  Awesome 🙄

We have no upcoming international travel plans, so it's probably not appropriate to reach out to a congressman or senator, or try to get an in-person appointment.  We've waited this long, so we don't see the point to forking over more money to expedite the application.  But the aggravation mounts ever higher with each passing day, and god forbid if something happens that requires her to prove her US citizen status.

Update: 

8/12 - after the late night post, woke up next day and reached out to our Congressman's office.
8/13 - response from Western Passport Center, to inquiry from our Congressman's office - "If the applicant is traveling soon we suggest that she upgrades to Expedite service for 60.00 so that we can start processing the application and upgrades to UPS overnight delivery for 17.56. Please send us credit card information by replying to this email so that we can process the application asap, thank you!"  almost 16 weeks in, they're telling us we need to pay more money for the privilege of receiving worse service than promised at the outset. 
8/16 - was about to send Congressman's office an email thanking them for reaching out but ultimately deciding to wait it out. as I'm literally writing the email, got a UPS email notification that an overnight package was on the way from Western Passport Center.  checked application status on the passport tracker website, status shows it still to be in process, but as an expedited application (?!).

Very mysterious, but we'll take the passport in our hands, if it indeed arrives tomorrow.

8 hours ago, rodeo said:

For reference of some people who want to do the normal or routine passport processing application, this is how my application went through:

Applied in one of the USPS in Las Vegas

applied June 3, 2021 Routine Processing

Document Control Number Starts with 68 (New Hampshire)

Check cashed June 29, 2021

Status “In process” on June 30, 2021

Status “Approved” on August 12, 2021

Status “Shipped” on August 13, 2021

Received Passport Book on August 16, 2021 (10.5 Weeks)

“Patience is a Virtue”. Don’t worry too much with passport processing application IF we don’t have out of the country travel soon. We can’t even travel abroad the way we used to be, there are 50 states to visit, enjoy and explore. Good Luck Everyone!!!

50 States from the size of 50 countries. 

I became a citizen today (Aug. 17, 2021) and I submitted my expedited passport application at a USPS in metro Denver. Both book and card, 1-2 day delivery, the whole nine yards. Used the barcoded, online-filled DS-11 (for what it's worth).

The officer said that the online application status wouldn't update until:

5 to 6 weeks from the day you submit your application until your status is "In Process."

When has it actually been updating to "in process" for expedited applications on average?

Edited by EternalForeigner

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

7 minutes ago, EternalForeigner said:

I became a citizen today (Aug. 17, 2021) and I submitted my expedited passport application at a USPS in metro Denver. Both book and card, 1-2 day delivery, the whole nine yards. Used the barcoded, online-filled DS-11 (for what it's worth).

The officer said that the online application status wouldn't update until:

When has it actually been updating to "in process" for expedited applications on average?

Congrats on becoming a citizen!

not sure what the average is, my expedited took a few days after submitting at usps to show up as in process. (My check was cashed after that, but most people seem to report their check /money order cashed first.)

5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Congrats on becoming a citizen!

not sure what the average is, my expedited took a few days after submitting at usps to show up as in process. (My check was cashed after that, but most people seem to report their check /money order cashed first.)

Thanks! And so I should mostly monitor my bank account at this point? 😂

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, seahawk24 said:

Does anyone know how long it is taking for the certificate to show up after  your application was approved? 

Between approval and receiving the passport book, receiving the passport card, and then receiving the certificate back, total, it was about 4 weeks.

1 hour ago, JourneyFromA2 said:

Between approval and receiving the passport book, receiving the passport card, and then receiving the certificate back, total, it was about 4 weeks.

Just making sure i understood you correctly, its taking up to 4 weeks from application being approved to get the naturalization certificate. i hope they mail mine sooner. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, seahawk24 said:

Just making sure i understood you correctly, its taking up to 4 weeks from application being approved to get the naturalization certificate. i hope they mail mine sooner. 

That's how mine was. Here's a recap:

Sent application via USPS on June 15.
Check cashed and application received on June 22.
Application approved on July 22.
Received my passport book on July 24. 
Received my passport card on July 26.
Received my certificate back on August 13..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JourneyFromA2 said:

That's how mine was. Here's a recap:

Sent application via USPS on June 15.
Check cashed and application received on June 22.
Application approved on July 22.
Received my passport book on July 24. 
Received my passport card on July 26.
Received my certificate back on August 13..

Is your passport processing expedited?

AOS Timeline / Family-based

Feb 24, 2015 (day 0) - Sent Forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
Feb 26, 2015 (day 2) - Package delivered and received.
Mar 03, 2015 (day 7) - Text / email messages from USCIS, receiving Forms I-130, I-485,
I-131 and I-765.
USD 420 and 1,070 Checks were cashed.
Mar 08, 2015 (day 12) - Paper receipts of I-797C for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 from mail.

Mar 13, 2015 (day 17) - Mail notice received for Biometrics appointment on March 25, 2015.

Mar 25, 2015 (day 29) - Completed Biometrics, as scheduled.

May 12, 2015 (day 75) - AP/EAD approved and Card has been ordered.

May 27, 2015 (day 90) - AP/EAD Card received in the mailbox.

June 3, 2015 (day 97) - Received NPIW letter in the mailbox.

Sept 24, 2015 (day 212) - I-130/I-485 approved. No Interview.

Sept 28, 2015 (day 216) - GC mailed.

Sept 30, 2015 (day 218) - GC received.

17 hours ago, EternalForeigner said:

Thanks! And so I should mostly monitor my bank account at this point? 😂

My money order is cashed out last week but still no status update. However the status has updated for my wife and kids. Just a data point for you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.