Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Good day everyone, 

I submitted for my passport on 10/05 at the DC Center, does anyone knows what is the average time to see a status of application online?

20 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Just received a e-mail about my sons application.

They want his certificate of citizenship (I sent in mine)

They want birth certificate (I sent that in)

They want GC/Stamp in passport. (I sent in a copy from his danish passport with that)

They are saying that I have to send in his original danish passport for them to see as they don't take copies. Can that be right that I have to send in his danish passport? 

If the e-mail you received is from DOS,  i don`t see why it would be wrong. I would call to confirm to be on safe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
35 minutes ago, lucardo3 said:

If the e-mail you received is from DOS,  i don`t see why it would be wrong. I would call to confirm to be on safe.

It's gov yes. But it's not by e.mail they want it. They want me to send it in by real snail mail which I'm not comfortable with at all. Also they have an issue with his birth certificate (it's a certified copy in english and danish) we have used it through out all immigration and I have used the same kind for mine also. Mine got approved yesterday but they won't accept his. It is so weird. I have contacted the senators office for help with my son's passport.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, IowacityGuy said:

I just filed for my Renunciation. Waiting for the certificate back.. I am in Iowa so your neighboring state. My consulate is Chicago too. It seems like you have start from government website and upload few documents and then CKGS website to send your documents. its the most confusing thing..

How long did it take to get the Renunciation certificate? I applied yesterday and today the status updated to In Transit to Embassy.

On 10/3/2020 at 2:42 PM, KP2019 said:

FYI Guys - I just got my passport today. They said I will get it by next week 10/07 but got it today. Now waiting for Passbook and NC to arrive. 

FYI - I got my passport card yesterday. Waiting for my NC to arrive.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, KP2019 said:

How long did it take to get the Renunciation certificate? I applied yesterday and today the status updated to In Transit to Embassy.

it took me total 5 days from mail in to receive it back from Chicago Indian embassy.. OCI is taking forever.  

My Time line is Updated! 

35 minutes ago, IowacityGuy said:

it took me total 5 days from mail in to receive it back from Chicago Indian embassy.. OCI is taking forever.  

That was pretty quick. I hope I start my OCI related steps sometime next week. 

Timeline
On 10/8/2020 at 6:07 AM, Goodguyb said:

Good morning ,

I applied for a passport on 9/18 but they haven’t cashed my check yet.I made the check payable to “department of state “ Instead of “U.S. department of state”.is this gonna be an issue? What should I do ?

Thanks in advance 

Check the status of your application here:

https://passportstatus.state.gov

If status shows received, then don't sweat the check yet.

If no status call 1-877-487-2778

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, KP2019 said:

That was pretty quick. I hope I start my OCI related steps sometime next week. 

Apply for OCI asap. CKGS is closing down .. Do not delay!! 

Edited by IowacityGuy

My Time line is Updated! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.