Simon11221

Divorce degree.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Actually my question is nvc want me send them divorce degree of my wife but it got 48 pages its impossible to put it in one 2 mb file. I just don’t know what to do? They didn’t mention it that i have to send them all pages or just first page. Help me please

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Kbraine10 said:

Only the first page is needed, which should include the official judgement and termination of marriage date.

Are you sure?? I don’t want them to delay our case again. 

42 minutes ago, Iscir said:

If you haven’t, scan the document at a lower resolution. Then compress it using a compressing software. 

I tried alot buy I couldn’t do it. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Kbraine10 said:

Yes, that page is the actual decree. All the other pages are generally just the original paperwork that was filed with the court.

Okay thank you i am going to send then that one. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kbraine10 said:

Only the first page is needed, which should include the official judgement and termination of marriage date.

Bad advice.  All pages of the divorce decree are needed, it doesn't matter how long it is, your file will be delayed or you will get an RFE if you only send the first page.  Lots of stories here on VJ of people getting RFEs for this.  Don't take a chance and send all pages of the divorce decree.  Do more research on how to compress the file so it is not so large.  Scan at a lower resolution.  Adobe has free software or you can buy it.  Good luck!

4 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Bad advice.  All pages of the divorce decree are needed, it doesn't matter how long it is, your file will be delayed or you will get an RFE if you only send the first page.  Lots of stories here on VJ of people getting RFEs for this.  Don't take a chance and send all pages of the divorce decree.  Do more research on how to compress the file so it is not so large.  Scan at a lower resolution.  Adobe has free software or you can buy it.  Good luck!

The actual divorce decree is the court judgement....not "all pages"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Kbraine10 said:

The actual divorce decree is the court judgement....not "all pages"

Here's just one of many actual stories of RFEs for only sending in one page of a multiple page divorce decree.  There are many many more examples if you search VJ threads for divorce decree RFE.  Everyone has their opinion and can do what they want, but my advice to upload all pages is based on two years of following many cases here on Visa Journey.  These are actual experiences where others have received RFEs for only sending in the "court judgment" page.  Why risk an RFE when you can so easily avoid it by just sending or uploading all pages?

20 hours ago, Simon11221 said:

send them the whole thing to be on the safer side and avoid any further RFE due to it and lost time. Try google search for compress pdf and try several sites and see which one reduces the file < 2mb. a 48 page pdf document should not take 2mb on compression

Edited by Donald120383

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, Simon11221 said:

No, I got an RFE for only submitting the first page. They wanted the entire divorce decree with the judges signature. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

send them the whole thing to be on the safer side and avoid any further RFE due to it and lost time. Try google search for compress pdf and try several sites and see which one reduces the file < 2mb. a 48 page pdf document should not take 2mb on compression

I tried alot but I couldn’t do it and i am talking about the nvc. They are asking for my wife’s marriage termination certificate so i sent them 8 selective pages which should work. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Here's just one of many actual stories of RFEs for only sending in one page of a multiple page divorce decree.  There are many many more examples if you search VJ threads for divorce decree RFE.  Everyone has their opinion and can do what they want, but my advice to upload all pages is based on two years of following many cases here on Visa Journey.  These are actual experiences where others have received RFEs for only sending in the "court judgment" page.  Why risk an RFE when you can so easily avoid it by just sending or uploading all pages?

You are exactly right but I cannot send then all 48 pages in 2mb file. And they can see my wife’s divorce degree in interview if they really want to.

Timeline
On 1/14/2020 at 2:54 PM, Simon11221 said:

Actually my question is nvc want me send them divorce degree of my wife but it got 48 pages its impossible to put it in one 2 mb file. I just don’t know what to do? They didn’t mention it that i have to send them all pages or just first page. Help me please

Send the first 10 pages and the last page where you have the signatures.

Make sure you have the page where it says divorce is granted!!

At interview, take a certified copy from the court records dept with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.