RamBam92

I-751 January 2020 Filers(merged)

463 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SME2017 said:

I actually went to a USCIS application support center and they told me that I can send in the application for I-751 a week before the actual 90 day due date. 

well I think he's right, because I was on my way to USPS to send my package, while I was waiting for anybody to answer me from USCIS, and the USCIS agent said the same thing. she laterally said if you send your package before the due date, they will send it back to you, they won't accept it. So I honestly I DONT wanna take any risk and will wait until the due date!!!

1 hour ago, MouradFL said:

well I think he's right, because I was on my way to USPS to send my package, while I was waiting for anybody to answer me from USCIS, and the USCIS agent said the same thing. she laterally said if you send your package before the due date, they will send it back to you, they won't accept it. So I honestly I DONT wanna take any risk and will wait until the due date!!!

Yea but I’m saying the officer said I can send it one week before the beginning of the 90 days like it says on here I can start sending it 1/22/20 but he said I can go ahead a send it 1/16/2020 which I see now is not true. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, SME2017 said:

Yea but I’m saying the officer said I can send it one week before the beginning of the 90 days like it says on here I can start sending it 1/22/20 but he said I can go ahead a send it 1/16/2020 which I see now is not true. 

Bottom line:  If USCIS receives the I-751 before the 90 day window opens, the package will be rejected.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 1/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, Orangesapples said:

So I have a question, if anyone knows the answer, that would be great. When I try to download the i-751 firm from the USCIS website, it tells me the form expired on 12/31/2019 but no new form is available 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

At the same time I see this verbiage when I click on edition date:

12/02/19. Starting 02/03/20, we will only accept the 12/02/19 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/05/17 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

The current form is the 12/02/19 edition but it also says it expires on 12/31/2019. I'm pretty confused now. Can I use this form or not? I would like to  file as soon as possible. 

use the current form thats what i used and i have gotten a text message that my case was received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wonder why we go through so much trouble in filing I-751 when most of us will end up filing for N-400 anyways  and I-751 process is so slow and will take over a year.

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

On 1/12/2020 at 6:00 PM, AmGe said:

Hello all!😀

Well after being on hiatus the last 2 years, alas the time has come to remove conditions. Question: for the affidavits from friends/family, is it to be signed by a notary or just simply signed by the friends/family?

It doesnt matter if notarized or signed. i signed mines and just got text my case was received

We got a text message right away that our case was received with receipt #MSC. Officially receipt form to follow in the mail....... 

ROC

Filed 01/10/20 via fedex to Texas Lockbox

Delivered 01/13/20 and signed for by........

Text message sent 01/17/20 that case was received.....

NOA1 awaiting in the mailbox

Edited by Limba

Update: today (1/16) we got the text that my wife's case was received.  Sent on (1/9) to AZ center.  Now waiting for the extension letter to arrive...

7 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

I have a question. When you pay the fee (I'm intending to use G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions), do you use two forms for the filing fee and for the biometric fee? Or lump them all together? 

I combined both fees together using cashier's check. So i guess it will work for you as well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mailed my form on 1/10, received at the Texas lockbox on 1/14, got receipt # and NOA was mailed out on 1/16.  Hoping it will be here in the next few days!  FYI - if you have a receipt number, that means it was accepted and extended the 18 months :)  I wish it actually said that when you check the status online!

Also, I can't believe the amount of things you all send!  I sent the form, a few things that show both of our names on bank statements and a home equity loan, and like 4 photos lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.