dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2020

1,341 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So my husband and I met in 2017, got married almost a year later in 2018 on first meeting. Then I flew back over before our application had been aproved through USCIS in summer of 2019, and bout another ticket to fly back to see him beginning of february(it so happens we recieved our interview letter two days after I bought ticket so I'll get to be with him for interview! WHOO HOO!) 

I was wondering if that is enough time of visits? I'm just NOW discovering how important visits are and how much they show bonafide relationship. We miss eachother so much I would have lived there or gone more visits of we had the money to do so but we simply could not afford so many tickets. 

Do you guys feel 3 visits is a good amount? We are Nigeria. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, CaylinObinna said:

So my husband and I met in 2017, got married almost a year later in 2018 on first meeting. Then I flew back over before our application had been aproved through USCIS in summer of 2019, and bout another ticket to fly back to see him beginning of february(it so happens we recieved our interview letter two days after I bought ticket so I'll get to be with him for interview! WHOO HOO!) 

I was wondering if that is enough time of visits? I'm just NOW discovering how important visits are and how much they show bonafide relationship. We miss eachother so much I would have lived there or gone more visits of we had the money to do so but we simply could not afford so many tickets. 

Do you guys feel 3 visits is a good amount? We are Nigeria. 

If you cant tell...I'm getting anxious for the interview!! Lol I am trying to remain calm..but with all these changes in immigration laws ect. It makes me nerveous to wonder if we have done everything we could, did we get enough documentation, enough pictures? Chat logs? Visits? Lol. We are just so desperately ready to be living each day with each other I dont want to hear anything else but an aproved visa! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, CaylinObinna said:

If you cant tell...I'm getting anxious for the interview!! Lol I am trying to remain calm..but with all these changes in immigration laws ect. It makes me nerveous to wonder if we have done everything we could, did we get enough documentation, enough pictures? Chat logs? Visits? Lol. We are just so desperately ready to be living each day with each other I dont want to hear anything else but an aproved visa! 

Visits are important yes, but you definitely have many other ways to prove your relationship. do you have any joint accounts, old correspondence, pictures from early in your relationship. We were told by our lawyer to collect anything that prove we know each other. you can use anything, even better if theyre dated, old emails, things from social media (facebook helped A LOT in finding old pictures and messages), emails, texts if you can find them. Anything you can think of, bring it.

They more than likely arent gonna ask for them, but its nice to have them prepared. Also, don'f forget, YOU know your relationship. You can answer any question they ask. Just be confident and it will be good. 

41 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

Guys, has anyone been asked at a visa interview to show old chats?

The only conversations me and my husband has had are calls and chats over WhatsApp, do I really have to take a print of those or is jus photos and wedding album enough?

At my hubby interview he wasn’t asked for them but he took them with him anyways just in case because you never know what officer you’ll get. So you’ll want to take them and go with all the proofs. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DKing said:

Visits are important yes, but you definitely have many other ways to prove your relationship. do you have any joint accounts, old correspondence, pictures from early in your relationship. We were told by our lawyer to collect anything that prove we know each other. you can use anything, even better if theyre dated, old emails, things from social media (facebook helped A LOT in finding old pictures and messages), emails, texts if you can find them. Anything you can think of, bring it.

They more than likely arent gonna ask for them, but its nice to have them prepared. Also, don'f forget, YOU know your relationship. You can answer any question they ask. Just be confident and it will be good. 

Yes, we have original chats that our lawyer submitted before we got married. New chats from recently we have western union slips from money I have sent him..we cant have a joint bank account since I've never lived in Nigeria and he has never lived here. But we used western union alot so we have that documentation. I screen shoted alot of facebook messages and posts between us too. Our WhatsApp calls and messages ect too. And of course lots and lots of pictures from both trips. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, CaylinObinna said:

Yes, we have original chats that our lawyer submitted before we got married. New chats from recently we have western union slips from money I have sent him..we cant have a joint bank account since I've never lived in Nigeria and he has never lived here. But we used western union alot so we have that documentation. I screen shoted alot of facebook messages and posts between us too. Our WhatsApp calls and messages ect too. And of course lots and lots of pictures from both trips. 

Then you're great! You have a lot of evidence. Now just relax and let the process happen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi there , my case was DQ on 10/22 , but I am yet to receive a IL to go to Brazil . Couple weeks ago I called NVC and they said everything was fine. Is anyone in the same situation,  waiting for over 3 months?

(IR-1)

Timeline
42 minutes ago, DKing said:

Then you're great! You have a lot of evidence. Now just relax and let the process happen.

Sigh...ok!! Thank You very much 😊

6 hours ago, CaylinObinna said:

we cant have a joint bank account since I've never lived in Nigeria and he has never lived here. 

It is definitely possible to add a non-resident alien spouse to a bank account. Check with your bank’s rules and process. I added my husband to my US bank accounts back before we started this whole process. They wanted copies of his passport since he had never stepped foot in the US and didn’t have any alien or social security numbers. The US based bank sent the signature cards and we signed in front of a public notary and we sent them back to the bank. 

He’s been added to my credit cards as an authorized user and we applied for a joint apartment lease application remotely too. 

Just be open and ask your bank, landlord, credit cards, etc how the process works. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, TheChheavFamily said:

It is definitely possible to add a non-resident alien spouse to a bank account. Check with your bank’s rules and process. I added my husband to my US bank accounts back before we started this whole process. They wanted copies of his passport since he had never stepped foot in the US and didn’t have any alien or social security numbers. The US based bank sent the signature cards and we signed in front of a public notary and we sent them back to the bank. 

He’s been added to my credit cards as an authorized user and we applied for a joint apartment lease application remotely too. 

Just be open and ask your bank, landlord, credit cards, etc how the process works. 

I already asked my bank. They will not unless he has a social or a green card. And my apartments can not either unless he is here and has a social. They have to be able to run a background check. I was able to add him as an authorized user on my bank of America Card and they printed me his own card with his name.  But that's it. I'm sure it depends on what state you are in too. We are in Oklahoma.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CaylinObinna said:

I already asked my bank. They will not unless he has a social or a green card. And my apartments can not either unless he is here and has a social. They have to be able to run a background check. I was able to add him as an authorized user on my bank of America Card and they printed me his own card with his name.  But that's it. I'm sure it depends on what state you are in too. We are in Oklahoma.

@TheChheavFamily 

Similar here, we have a joint BoFA account so I printed some randomly selected statement months for evidence as well, so @CaylinObinna thats another idea

Timeline
5 minutes ago, stech786 said:

@DKing @TheChheavFamily @CaylinObinna

you don’t need any bank statements or chat conversation. You are over killing the process. If your marriage is legit, it’s legit. Wedding photos and few questions about your spouse is all you need.

I said this above. However if you feel you need extra evidence, then those are items you can bring. 

Sure we know the legitimacy of our marriages but we still have to prove that to a third party who is going to be as objective as possible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
21 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Congratulations. Happy Married life to you both.

Yesss I can’t wait!  He will be here next week!!!  I think we both gotta get accustomed to the US because I swear these past 2 years I’ve been more overseas with him lol. Thanks Debbie for all questions answered. You really know your stuff. And I used No lawyer. My husband was really proud of me for that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.