2,317 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

Good news for all of you! 

I know I will be last one since I am in Miami :( But good luck everyone here!

The unfortunate reality is that each field office has a different processing time and so the "month filed" threads can be very painful if you are one of the ones left waiting around. I filed April 2019 and have barely looked at that thread since early on it became obvious everyone else (90%) was going to become a citizen before me. I have paid more attention to the thread about cases filed in my local field office as that has given me a much better idea about the reality of my situation and has also spared me some of the angst of watching other people file 6 months later and becomes citizens before me!! As it is I'm still not even there yet....but close....oath this Friday.....

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

20 hours ago, Amadia said:

I'm in December 2019 filers.

@Amadia

So, how's it going over there? I think soon for you!

We have been to WPB several times, for work. Always like it.

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

18 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

My i751 is still pending from January 28, 2019 in Vermont.  It has not updated beyond “we have received your case”.

Yeah, we got NO indication our I-751 was being worked on or transferred, then one day the 10-year green card showed up in the mailbox. And we got the approval letter AFTER we got the actual card! So....

Hang in there, your ROC might be okay. Time will tell, of course.

Sorry for the long delay.

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 minutes ago, lolrko said:

Anyone that went to the interview knows what to take to the immigration interview for 3 years marriage? What documents you had to take?

Not yet, but proof of bonafide marriage. Commingling finances, lease with both names, car titles, photos, utility bills, mail to same address, everything that proofs shared residence and marital union.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, Quarknase said:

Not yet, but proof of bonafide marriage. Commingling finances, lease with both names, car titles, photos, utility bills, mail to same address, everything that proofs shared residence and marital union.

Even though we submitted all of that online???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lolrko said:

Anyone that went to the interview knows what to take to the immigration interview for 3 years marriage? What documents you had to take?

You also need to bring:

- the original marriage certificate;

- your USC spouses birth certificate;

- your green card (if you have it);  and 

- passports you’ve used to travel in and out of the country for the last 3 (or 5) years.  

The letter will specify the items you need, but yes, as a best practice, bring a copy of your submission.

Timeline

Well, I got my interview date:  April 14th.  5 weeks away! 

My anxiety is at an all time high bc of that darn i751 that’s still pending.  Hopefully the Congressman’s office will get it moved, but also, I am excited to be SOOO close to being done.  

I read some weird stories about them (USCIS) sending an rfe after the interview for weird things, like an employment letter from a random employer from the past.  Seems weird to me, but who knows what triggered that.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

You also need to bring:

- passports you’ve used to travel in and out of the country for the last 3 (or 5) years.  

The letter will specify the items you need, but yes, as a best practice, bring a copy of your submission.

Sounds good. My interview is 4/20 finally

11 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

You also need to bring:

My wife's letter said " If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview."

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

My wife's letter said " If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview."

Ugh.  So I have to print all my bank statements again? What a waste of paper. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

Well, I got my interview date:  April 14th.  5 weeks away! 

My anxiety is at an all time high bc of that darn i751 that’s still pending.  Hopefully the Congressman’s office will get it moved, but also, I am excited to be SOOO close to being done.  

I read some weird stories about them (USCIS) sending an rfe after the interview for weird things, like an employment letter from a random employer from the past.  Seems weird to me, but who knows what triggered that.  

A friend's hubby had i751 pending and n400, he got interview for n400 and no word about i751. When they got there, both cases were merged, they had no prior info from USCIS. Everything went fine. I wouldn't worry, I think everything will be ok! BTW he got approved, no biggie.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Field office: San Antonio, TX

01/14/2020: Submitted N400 (3 years rule)

02/04/2020: Biometrics

04/23/2020: Interview

Interview de-scheduled (notice received on April 2.)

07/30/2020: Interview Re-scheduled

07/30/2020 Naturalization Application Approved

07/30/2020 Oath Ceremony

I am done! God bless Texas!

7 hours ago, Suze1 said:

@Amadia

So, how's it going over there? I think soon for you!

We have been to WPB several times, for work. Always like it.

It's going a little too slow for me right now :rofl:

WPB is really nice.....today was pouring for half a day....nice to snuggle in bed a little longer with my kiddo :) 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.