12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sooooo...👇

I was just thinking about the NVC's processes, polices, procedures, and staff members. I was thinking about how long, tedious, and exhausting the process must be for the NVC. Now I'm not making excuses for their behavior, or how antiquated their system might be, but I held a similar office job for nine years. Nine years, I sat in a cubical looking at reports on a computer and on paper, going over and over documents, and listening to individual complaints about their documents and why they were unable to get the documents that they requested. I hated that job, I had a number of documents that needed to be completed at the end of the day and it was stressful. Oh, and if I dared to look away from my computer and attempted to talk to someone in the cube next to me... I was always asked "Do you have enough work to do?"

Anyway, data entry is not for all and I guess I'm just here to help myself understand why certain things are the way they are. <_<

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It does help to know what any office goes thru to get the job done

my momma always said  "we should have to work in the service industry with people" if only at a fast food chain to put ourself thru college

it helps understanding 

and we can not ever judge what a person does on any single day when you wait on them/ they could have just had a terrible experience

Timeline

Yes exactly! I swear people think that offices are run by robots. We don't think about the fact that people have families and lives too. We can't understand why one case is a few days slower than others when people get sick, their kids have trips that need chaperones, they need vacation, they get tired too. And sometimes yes, they do mess up because they are humans and some are bad at their jobs and others are just trying to get by. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
13 hours ago, kris&me said:

It does help to know what any office goes thru to get the job done

my momma always said  "we should have to work in the service industry with people" if only at a fast food chain to put ourself thru college

it helps understanding 

and we can not ever judge what a person does on any single day when you wait on them/ they could have just had a terrible experience

I agree, until we are actually put in their position we will never understand their stressors in comparison to ours. I also feel like they care but they are also limited in what they can do as far as resources. 

Nebraska Service Center

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

Timeline
11 hours ago, Thegirl said:

Yes exactly! I swear people think that offices are run by robots. We don't think about the fact that people have families and lives too. We can't understand why one case is a few days slower than others when people get sick, their kids have trips that need chaperones, they need vacation, they get tired too. And sometimes yes, they do mess up because they are humans and some are bad at their jobs and others are just trying to get by. 

Considering the situation, I would never want to have a job like this And for some reason I actually feel sorry for them.

Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't complain about USCIS like some people.  You are talking about a govt department whose funding comes solely from fees but in the past 5 years they have waived over 300 million in fees and workload has quadrupled.  So NO there is no additional staff available, NO there is no updated tech infrastructure, YES it is taking 2 years to process forms that used to take 6 months, NO you can no longer just walk into the office and make an appointment.   What do you expect, when US Citizens and LPRs refuse to give them the money needed to GET THE JOB DONE!!!!! 

I feel that if you filed your application and your fees were waived, then you should go to the end of the line and wait.  Those who paid fees should be head of the line.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

I don't complain about USCIS like some people.  You are talking about a govt department whose funding comes solely from fees but in the past 5 years they have waived over 300 million in fees and workload has quadrupled.  So NO there is no additional staff available, NO there is no updated tech infrastructure, YES it is taking 2 years to process forms that used to take 6 months, NO you can no longer just walk into the office and make an appointment.   What do you expect, when US Citizens and LPRs refuse to give them the money needed to GET THE JOB DONE!!!!! 

I feel that if you filed your application and your fees were waived, then you should go to the end of the line and wait.  Those who paid fees should be head of the line.  

I don't like to complain either, but it is frustrating to know that families are not able to be together due to poor service. I also agree that funding is an issue, but I think that is a convenient excuse. Yes, the workload is huge, but they are not doing much to upgrade their process. For example, with the advancements in technology... why did it take the USCIS so long to go electronic (I'm sure it takes time to build software) but things like this should have been developed years ago. 

Nebraska Service Center

49 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

I don't like to complain either, but it is frustrating to know that families are not able to be together due to poor service. I also agree that funding is an issue, but I think that is a convenient excuse. Yes, the workload is huge, but they are not doing much to upgrade their process. For example, with the advancements in technology... why did it take the USCIS so long to go electronic (I'm sure it takes time to build software) but things like this should have been developed years ago. 

I don't think people realize how antiquated most government services are.  Since the products they buy are expensive (and marked up due to government contracts) they don't get new items on a constant basis.  The newest equipment my husband works with is from the 80s.  Most of it was put in in the 70s, and there's some 60s in there.  They recently replaced some equipment from the 40s and 50s.  The batteries he used to work with up until last year needed to be physically tested so he had to wear ppe to test battery acid over a day period to make sure it would still be working properly.  He works for the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration.)  2 years ago they gave him a refurbished iphone 5 to replace the 10 year old nokia he was using. 

Upgrading costs money and time.  Not only do you have to upgrade the systems, the programs, etc, you have to train all your employees to use the new programs and systems. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
28 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I don't think people realize how antiquated most government services are.  Since the products they buy are expensive (and marked up due to government contracts) they don't get new items on a constant basis.  The newest equipment my husband works with is from the 80s.  Most of it was put in in the 70s, and there's some 60s in there.  They recently replaced some equipment from the 40s and 50s.  The batteries he used to work with up until last year needed to be physically tested so he had to wear ppe to test battery acid over a day period to make sure it would still be working properly.  He works for the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration.)  2 years ago they gave him a refurbished iphone 5 to replace the 10 year old nokia he was using. 

Upgrading costs money and time.  Not only do you have to upgrade the systems, the programs, etc, you have to train all your employees to use the new programs and systems. 

Thanks for sharing, but this is a perfect example of how government money is mishandled. I read where they wanted to increase the cost for immigration services, but did not say how the additional money will be used. I worked in the government sector, and I noticed that money was not being placed in the right areas... i.e. equipment,  programs, and services. 

I believe they are getting the money, but it is being misused. How? I am not sure, but I believe the system can be ran better than the way it is being run now. I think they are going to increase the fees for immigration services in the near future and we will see little to no change.

Nebraska Service Center

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

This! I mean, I read an article recently about whichever tech company getting a contract to finally do away with floppy discs in a very important govt. Dept. 💾 Floppy Discs! Some people in here are too young to even know what those are lol. Ah well. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Thegirl said:

This! I mean, I read an article recently about whichever tech company getting a contract to finally do away with floppy discs in a very important govt. Dept. 💾 Floppy Discs! Some people in here are too young to even know what those are lol. Ah well. 

See, another perfect example where is the money going??? :unsure:

Nebraska Service Center

Well i can tell you that FAA money goes out of the FAA. Lol

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.