3,047 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, John_ said:

That is the reason why they did not accept it then. You must attacht a copy of the receipts. 

I never had any problems. Always renew my EAD without pay the fees. Also i sent my AP Separate and did not have to pay any fees.

I agree. same thing happened with me. I attached my I485 receipt and got my combo card without paying a fees

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
3 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

You can requested this receipt, maybe in the service request page or called to do an info pass to see if they can provide for you, I-485 Receipt is very important to have to avoid paying the fee for Advance parole, or EAD.

2 minutes ago, John_ said:

That is the reason why they did not accept it then. You must attacht a copy of the receipts. 

I never had any problems. Always renew my EAD without pay the fees. Also i sent my AP Separate and did not have to pay any fees.

I’m screwed. I sent a request online requesting a copy but it says they cannot send this (due to VAWA) and also info pass officers cannot help me. 
I even sent them a notice to come to my original interview from when I was supposed to go with USC ex

Edited by nap_o

1 minute ago, nap_o said:

I’m screwed. I sent a request online requesting a copy and also info pass officers cannot help me. 
I even sent them a notice to come to my original interview from when I was supposed to go with USC ex

What the officer said on the info pass, and the requested online...  I make several copies of my receipt also, also your lawyer lost it, he can request your entire file to USCIS 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

What the officer said on the info pass, and the requested online...  I make several copies of my receipt also, also your lawyer lost it, he can request your entire file to USCIS 

At infopass I went shortly after I fired the attorney.. because he sucked. He was only good to charge money from my poor frustrated soul. He “lost” the AOS receipt when I asked him for ALL my documents back. The officer there just refused to give me a copy and said to write a letter to Vermont (and I did) go figure NO RESPONSE of course.

then I requested it online where it says If I didn’t receive / lost a receipt but 2 weeks letter I received a response from a USCIS director saying they cannot provide copies and I don’t have an attorney now so I’m not sure the last option helps for me. Thanks for your response though🙏 

lesson learned: I now have multiple copies of my receipts. I was 22 years old back when I started VAWA and of course it didn’t come through my head to make copies 😭

im praying to be scheduled for interview sooner than later at this point

good luck to all of us 💞

Edited by nap_o

2 minutes ago, nap_o said:

At infopass I went shortly after I fired the attorney.. because he sucked. He was only good to charge money from my poor frustrated soul. He “lost” the AOS receipt when I asked him for ALL my documents back. The officer there just refused to give me a copy and said to write a letter to Vermont (and I did) go figure NO RESPONSE of course.

then I requested it online where it says If I didn’t receive / lost a receipt but 2 weeks letter I received a response from a USCIS director saying they cannot provide copies and I don’t have an attorney now so I’m not sure the last option helps for me. Thanks for your response though🙏 

leason learned: I now have multiple copies of my receipts. I was 22 years old back when I started VAWA and of course it didn’t come through my head to make copies 😭

good luck to all of us 💞

Understand.. Maybe make an inquiry through your congress person to Vermont to requested maybe will work. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, FeDaniela said:

Understand.. Maybe make an inquiry through your congress person to Vermont to requested maybe will work. 

Definitely will try this way. Thanks!! 

36 minutes ago, nap_o said:

lesson learned: I now have multiple copies of my receipts. I was 22 years old back when I started VAWA and of course it didn’t come through my head to make copies 😭

good luck to all of us 💞

how did you make an infopass appointment? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

how did you make an infopass appointment? 

I went a month after I applied for VAWA so in Oct 2017 and you could still make appointments online.

if you call USCIS I believe they can give you an Infopass appointment 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

I finally received my greencard yesterday!!!!

Don't give up guys !!!!

Good is good !!!!!!!

Congrats 

Does the GC have any conditions on it ? 
Did they gave you 10years GC ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
36 minutes ago, AJJU said:

Congrats 

Does the GC have any conditions on it ? 
Did they gave you 10years GC ?

The GC does not have any conditions and yes it is 10yrs !! 

2 hours ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

I finally received my greencard yesterday!!!!

Don't give up guys !!!!

Good is good !!!!!!!

That is great! 
do you mind sharing your timeline? 
congrats!! 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

The GC does not have any conditions and yes it is 10yrs !! 

Please share us your timeline ? I’m so happy for you and may God let our own time come too ...I celebrate you with a sincere heart ❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.