mbah44

AGE GAP FOR SPOUSE

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, mbah44 said:

Please I want  to know if age.gap will be can lead to denial of the petition process, I am 41 yrs while wife is 54 yrs. Pls have anyone gone the process with much age gap and got approved? 

As long as you show bonafide relationship and had a couple of visits hopefully longer then 2 weeks. I went through Lagos I am 26 years older than my Nigerian husband. Was not an issue.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
5 hours ago, carmel34 said:

The key to overcoming an age gap is lots of evidence of a bona fide marriage relationship submitted with the I-130 petition, documents to show multiple trips to be together like boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipts, a few photos, and also documentation showing the co-mingling of finances like shared bank accounts, credit cards, beneficiaries on each other's health insurance, life insurance, retirement accounts, and a will, living will, etc.  Nigeria can be a difficult location to interview for any couple, so your best preparation for concerns about the relationship will be documents to support your relationship like I mentioned.  In your case I would not suggest filing the I-130 without lots of supporting evidence and multiple visits showing time spent together in person.  My husband and I did this and were approved in 11 months with a 28-year age gap so you can do it too if your relationship is genuine and you have the documents to support it.  Good luck!

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Timeline
8 hours ago, mbah44 said:

I am from Nigeria, and we are planning to get marriage in Nigeria but the age gap has been giving me concern.

Why would it give you concern? Are you marrying for immigration reasons or because you are I Love. Getting married doesn't erase the fact the age difference. If you are real then show it.
visit, live together. I moved to Nigeria and stayed after we got approved at USCIS. I just don't see the concern. If you did get married and file and get denied what's the worst thing that can happen? There's a million places on this earth you can live and be together. Nigerians alone have 98 countries that don;t require a visa.

Always have a Pan B.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Call me silly if you like.. but I think the age gap thing doesn’t look so bad the older we get... 🤷‍♀️ Big age gaps where both people are over 40 look quite normal to me.. we’re all greying, balding, drooping, rounding etc 😂😂 it only starts looking odd when one party is very young 18-20 and the other is aged... just my opinion.. and yes I know it’s still legitimately possible..

either way, they look at a bunch of other factors too.. culture, religion etc not just age

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, mbah44 said:

Please I want  to know if age.gap will be can lead to denial of the petition process, I am 41 yrs while wife is 54 yrs. Pls have anyone gone the process with much age gap and got approved? 

Timeline

This is someone's experience from lagos consulate:

Hi guys, name is Bigmeg and I’m a Nigerian married to a U.S citizen. I met my wife “Online” and she’s “30” years older than I am. All I can say is God’s been faithful because after a year of waiting I got my visa from the dreaded “Lagos consulate”. I’m not here to write an epistle of my life story but I’ll be brutally honest with y’all cus I’ve seen people post about red-flags and I’m here to tell you that I’ve been through red-flags and made it. One thing you need to know about these red-flags, the consulate doesn’t give a ‘rats ###’ about your personal life issues with your spouse, the United States consulates are more concerned about you being a public charge to their economy, I repeat, that is their primary concern. If your spouse is financially capable, forget it you’ve gotten your visa. They don’t care about age difference or class difference or what not, all they care about is MONEY!!!!!! 

Could you believe I went to the consulate and they didn’t even ask me to bring any of my wife’s documents, pictures, taxes etc. he asked me a few questions and congratulated me. Listen don’t kill yourself with stress, if your spouse ain’t financially capable start seeking for a joint sponsor, don’t wait until you fall in the black hole “AP”. Guys, it’s all about MONEY and nothing else, that’s what the U.S embassy cares about. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
23 hours ago, mbah44 said:

Not at all..... I am 43 and my husband is 33.... we have been together for 4 years already! we did the k1 visa and we got approved with no problem

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ogbeni Agba said:

Hi guys, name is Bigmeg and I’m a Nigerian married to a U.S citizen. I met my wife “Online” and she’s “30” years older than I am. All I can say is God’s been faithful because after a year of waiting I got my visa from the dreaded “Lagos consulate”. I’m not here to write an epistle of my life story but I’ll be brutally honest with y’all cus I’ve seen people post about red-flags and I’m here to tell you that I’ve been through red-flags and made it. One thing you need to know about these red-flags, the consulate doesn’t give a ‘rats ###’ about your personal life issues with your spouse, the United States consulates are more concerned about you being a public charge to their economy, I repeat, that is their primary concern. If your spouse is financially capable, forget it you’ve gotten your visa. They don’t care about age difference or class difference or what not, all they care about is MONEY!!!!!! 

Could you believe I went to the consulate and they didn’t even ask me to bring any of my wife’s documents, pictures, taxes etc. he asked me a few questions and congratulated me. Listen don’t kill yourself with stress, if your spouse ain’t financially capable start seeking for a joint sponsor, don’t wait until you fall in the black hole “AP”. Guys, it’s all about MONEY and nothing else, that’s what the U.S embassy cares about. Thank you.

Well good for them and so wrong. And why would they ask for his wife's documents they already have it. He talks like they have no clue what she made. Good grief. Many factors come into okay. It's not all about money.

But again good for them.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
17 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

As long as you show bonafide relationship and had a couple of visits hopefully longer then 2 weeks. I went through Lagos I am 26 years older than my Nigerian husband. Was not an issue.

Thanks for this information, please can you tell me the documents you attached on your petition to show that your relationship/marriage is bonafid. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ogbeni Agba said:

Brother thanks for this vital information. Pls can you  tell me the documents your wife attached on your petition when she submitted it that shows your bonafid marriage, the documents from her side and her side. My wife to be is coming by March for our marriage and she is a registered nurse.

5 hours ago, Indira/Charlys said:

Not at all..... I am 43 and my husband is 33.... we have been together for 4 years already! we did the k1 visa and we got approved with no problem

Different consulate, different issues.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, mbah44 said:

Brother thanks for this vital information. Pls can you  tell me the documents your wife attached on your petition when she submitted it that shows your bonafid marriage, the documents from her side and her side. My wife to be is coming by March for our marriage and she is a registered nurse.

Marriage cert

Divorce decree of your wife (if any) 

Birth cert of your wife

Proof of citizenship (passport data page or green card)

Form I-130 and I-130a

Passport photo for both of you

Payment Fee...

You'll send the rest documents during NVC stage...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
26 minutes ago, mbah44 said:

Have your wife add you to her insurance, add you as an authorized credit card user if she has one, write a will or revise her will to include you in it, any other ways you can commingle assets or finances if possible and send proof of those as evidence of bona fide marriage. One of the most important pieces of evidence of bona fide marriage for couples who cannot commingle finances or do not have many commingled finances is evidence of time spent together. Pictures of you two together from visits, boarding passes and passport stamps from visits, receipts from hotels or any other activities you do with each other, things like that, that show you have had plenty of face-to-face quality time together

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ogbeni Agba said:

Marriage cert

Divorce decree of your wife (if any) 

Birth cert of your wife

Proof of citizenship (passport data page or green card)

Form I-130 and I-130a

Passport photo for both of you

Payment Fee...

You'll send the rest documents during NVC stage...

Thanks for your quick response bro I appreciate.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Have your wife add you to her insurance, add you as an authorized credit card user if she has one, write a will or revise her will to include you in it, any other ways you can commingle assets or finances if possible and send proof of those as evidence of bona fide marriage. One of the most important pieces of evidence of bona fide marriage for couples who cannot commingle finances or do not have many commingled finances is evidence of time spent together. Pictures of you two together from visits, boarding passes and passport stamps from visits, receipts from hotels or any other activities you do with each other, things like that, that show you have had plenty of face-to-face quality time together

Thanks, I appreciate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.