13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please Help  Us ! 

My wife and I was horribly misinformed about filing adjustment of status deadline and its been 1 year and 5 months since her arrival and we are just now getting 3rd physicals done on her and son and we are wondering if now her visa and i-94 is expired do we have to also file i-130? And when ask what status are we in now on form i-485 do we put unlawful presence?

We pray we dont have to file a i-130 also as the i-485 is already $2.500.00 . We cant afford legal help so please do you know if both i-130 and i-485 need filed at same time or if i-130 can be filed first if needed then i-485. As we dont have another $600 for it. Rapid Visa caused this delay as you will see on their site they say no time frame for AOS , they are the same company we paid for our k1, k2 visa process that caused us months delay because of their lack of professionalism. 

Do I put all k1 info on i-485 even if its expired ?

Thanks so much for your help !

Larry, Mira, Balraj

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

There is no timeframe for AOS.   If you don't file, you don't get green cards.

If you got married within 90 days of her arriving on the K-1, then you do not have to file the I-130.

Follow the Guides on VJ.  Don't forget to file the I-131 for Advance Parole and the I-765 for her Employment Authorization Document.  Both are free with filing the I-485.  

Put K1 and K2 on the I-485.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

There is no timeframe for AOS.   If you don't file, you don't get green cards.

If you got married within 90 days of her arriving on the K-1, then you do not have to file the I-130.

Follow the Guides on VJ.  Don't forget to file the I-131 for Advance Parole and the I-751 for her Employment Authorization Document.  Both are free with filing the I-485.  

Timeline

Thanks so much Arron you have no idea what a answered prayer this is for us. 

so when they say current status though she is considered unlawful status put k1 and k2? 

thanks so so much 

4 minutes ago, Larry & Mira said:

so when they say current status though she is considered unlawful status put k1 and k2? 

Yes, K-1/K-2 AOS. They are unlawfully present until the AOS is filed. Then all of the unlawful presence is "forgiven". The most important thing is to send off the AOS papers. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Larry & Mira said:

Thanks sir !

one question remains sorry

the i-485 ask what is you status now ? do we put unlawful or k1 k2 or k1 nonimmigrant?

thanks 

Entry status 

YMMV

56 minutes ago, Larry & Mira said:

Please Help  Us ! 

My wife and I was horribly misinformed about filing adjustment of status deadline and its been 1 year and 5 months since her arrival and we are just now getting 3rd physicals done on her and son and we are wondering if now her visa and i-94 is expired do we have to also file i-130? And when ask what status are we in now on form i-485 do we put unlawful presence?

We pray we dont have to file a i-130 also as the i-485 is already $2.500.00 . We cant afford legal help so please do you know if both i-130 and i-485 need filed at same time or if i-130 can be filed first if needed then i-485. As we dont have another $600 for it. Rapid Visa caused this delay as you will see on their site they say no time frame for AOS , they are the same company we paid for our k1, k2 visa process that caused us months delay because of their lack of professionalism. 

Larry, Mira, Balraj

There is no time limit that you have to so AOS. We have had people on here do AOS successfully after being here for upwards of t years. Dw you will be fine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just a word of caution..... u will be detained when there is a police stop or anything to do with law enforcement if u have no proof of AOS filing.    ICE may be called to verify u for deportation and immigration court.

FILE ASAP, you are out of status and can get into unnecessary inconvenience.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you are fine. file for AOS/EAD/AP (EAD/AP are free when filed with AOS). once you get the NOA1 for the AOS, it will put her back in temporary legal status until the interview.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Larry & Mira said:

Thanks sir !

one question remains sorry

the i-485 ask what is you status now ? do we put unlawful or k1 k2 or k1 nonimmigrant?

thanks 

K1/K2

Although technically out of status right now the receipt notice received after filing will suffice to demonstrate legal status after you file.  You do not have to file a new I-130.

You are risking your beneficiaries freedom delaying like this.  My recollection here in Texas is that the beneficiary can’t get a drivers license without an EAD card?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Larry & Mira said:

Please Help  Us ! 

Larry, Mira, Balraj

rapid visa is a scam @DanayVic

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.