241 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Got my EAD on Friday. From some googling, my SSN should be coming in the mail sometime next week?

Concurrent filing of 485, 130, and 765 (AOS from tourist visa)
25.05.19 - Arrival in US
31.07.19 - Married on a B2 visa
01.11.19 - Filed packet with USPS
04.11.19 - Forms received and signed for
13.11.19 - Checks cashed and notified by text
18.11.19 - NOA1 for the 3 forms received in the mail (Notice date 13.11.19)
22.11.19 - Biometrics letter received (Notice date 15.11.19)

06.12.19 - Biometrics appointment complete

03.01.20 - RFIE for I-485 mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mike&Tammy said:

Got my EAD on Friday. From some googling, my SSN should be coming in the mail sometime next week?

I think thats what most of the forum said. Waiting on ssn too

On 2/23/2020 at 1:05 PM, Sona16 said:

I think thats what most of the forum said. Waiting on ssn too

We are the opposite my husband has SSN but yet to recieve EAD or advanced parole. Filled all with change of status on the 14th of Nov 2019.

Do they call you for interview for EAD or just send it to you? AOS is ready to be scheduled currently

Glad people are starting to get there :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, JennyR said:

We are the opposite my husband has SSN but yet to recieve EAD or advanced parole. Filled all with change of status on the 14th of Nov 2019.

Do they call you for interview for EAD or just send it to you? AOS is ready to be scheduled currently

Glad people are starting to get there :)

They just mail it after the status changed to *card for mailed to me* 

AOS ready to be scheduled for me to with PD 11/18/2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/19/2020 at 6:04 PM, Sona16 said:

Pd: 11/18/2019

ready to be scheduled since 02/04/2020

Portand, OR

Thanks for the update, Sona16! Seems like both our cities have similar processing times so we may get the interview scheduled around the same time. 

N-400:

12/27/2023 - Received receipt notice and biometric reuse notice. Estimated processing time: 6 months

12/27/2023 - Submitted N-400 online

I-751:

January 2023 - Submitted I-751 via mail

AOS (I-130 & I-485)  from H-1B, based on marriage to a USC:

3/18/2021 - Card delivered! 
3/18/2021
- Card mailed 
3/16/2021
- Approved
3/15/2021 - New card ordered
3/9/2021 - Interview completed and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. (I had to go in with some updated and signed medical form as something was missing in the initially submitted form and they gave me an appointment for the following week)
1/22/2021 - Scheduled interview
1/19/2021 - Ready to schedule for interview

1/15/2021 (1 year and 2 months!) - Case status changed to interview cancelled! :(

12/9/2021 (1 year and 1 month) - Case status changed to interview scheduled

1/21/2020 (Day 73) - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

12/12/2019 (Day 33) - Biometrics Appointment. Case status online updated to fingerprints received.

12/6/2019 (Day 27) - Called USCIS customer care and received an email copy of biometrics notice as I had misplaced the original one

11/22/2019 (Day 20) - Received biometrics notice letter for 12/12 biometrics appointment (No status changes in online USCIS case trackers)

11/18/2019 (Day 9) - USCIS charged credit card. Received text notifications from USCIS with case number (Checked case numbers to see following statuses: 11/12 - Case was received, 11/18 - Fingerprint fee was received)

11/10/2019 (Day 1) - USPS notification of delivery to USCIS
11/8/2019 - Sent application via USPS

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ashley Marin said:

Thanks for the update, Sona16! Seems like both our cities have similar processing times so we may get the interview scheduled around the same time. 

Yes! And our PD is also close to eachother. I see you are from India too! 

Filed: Other Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Got my ead card today. Was worried because the notification letter was opened when I got it In the mail the other day. Was a bit paranoid someone was looking to see what’s inside to steal it. 

1 hour ago, bahamian86 said:

Got my ead card today. Was worried because the notification letter was opened when I got it In the mail the other day. Was a bit paranoid someone was looking to see what’s inside to steal it. 

Hey, 

congrats on getting your ead and interview scheduled . I was wondering how long did it take for them to update your status from “response to RFIE received “ to ead is being produced 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, JOY1994 said:

Hey, 

congrats on getting your ead and interview scheduled . I was wondering how long did it take for them to update your status from “response to RFIE received “ to ead is being produced 

I think it was about 2 weeks in between them receiving and resuming work on my case to interview ready for schedule and a day or two to interview scheduled. Ead was approved last week.

Timeline
11 hours ago, jelliesbejammin said:

Interview was a bit after noon today and status changed to 'new card is being produced'! Never received EAD/AP card.

Can you tell us how your interview went in detail please? If you don’t mind. 

6 hours ago, bahamian86 said:

Can you tell us how your interview went in detail please? If you don’t mind. 

Sure! We were called in about 5 minutes before our appointment time (I think because the office was not busy that day, there was only one other couple) and led into a small office. The IO put us under oath and start going over questions on the application. The interview was mostly confirming what is on the forms (address, birthday, if I've ever used any aliases, any crimes, how and when I arrived in the US etc.), making sure medical is okay, and then she started asking security/eligibility questions (not all of them but a good number of them). Throughout she'd throw in questions about our relationship, nothing difficult. Asked for specific dates of certain events in our relationship, when we started dating, that sort of thing. At the end, we were asked to provide any additional evidence we want to give (so we gave joint health insurance, joint checking and saving accounts, utility bills, more photos, life insurance beneficiary designation, and a few more things).

Overall, IO was very professional and emotionless but fair. 

At the end we had to sign a paper stating we told the truth during our interview and photocopies of our passports were made. The whole thing was a blur since I was so nervous (always get nervous in official situations), I think the interview took 20 minutes. 

Status changed to 'card being produced' 30-40 minutes after the interview. This morning it changed to 'case approved'.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Has anyone received their SSN? I checked the box to receive it in the mail but I haven't gotten it yet.

Concurrent filing of 485, 130, and 765 (AOS from tourist visa)
25.05.19 - Arrival in US
31.07.19 - Married on a B2 visa
01.11.19 - Filed packet with USPS
04.11.19 - Forms received and signed for
13.11.19 - Checks cashed and notified by text
18.11.19 - NOA1 for the 3 forms received in the mail (Notice date 13.11.19)
22.11.19 - Biometrics letter received (Notice date 15.11.19)

06.12.19 - Biometrics appointment complete

03.01.20 - RFIE for I-485 mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.