Exanuage

Waiting time after DQ for the US embassy in Egypt

360 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hager&Mohamed said:

I know right. Im glad i checked on time! The email is national_visa_center@state.gov and thr subject is immigrant visa interview apt. Hope this helps! 

Helps a lot thank u and good luck!! 

2 hours ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

Who has interview latter yesterday?

Who got interview letter yesterday?

I’m confused, you live in NYC? So is it your husband in Egypt waiting for the interview letter? Are u sure you are in the correct forum because this is for the Cairo Embassy only. 

1 hour ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

Yes for my wife interview in Egypt Cairo 

Then definitely keep calling NVC (it will take many tries and u will have to wait up to an hour on the phone) so they can explain where ur case is - they won’t be able to tell u how much time but u will be told what u are waiting for exactly. Or talk to immigration lawyer which will be faster and more clear - but will cost money 

Edited by NMHayek

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

How can I contact the immigration Lawyer I don't know the number  

You have to hire an immigration lawyer, there are lots of them in New York.  They will charge you to help.  From Google:

Immigration Lawyer Costs. An immigration lawyer charges between $150 and $300 per hour, with a typical 30-min consultation fee of $75 to $150. Legal assistance when filing basic immigration forms costs $250 to $800, while green card assistance runs from $800 to $5,000, plus the USCIS fees of $460 to $700.

Or just keep trying to call NVC.

I mean I had my qualified letter since August 2019 then I receive 2020 on the 1st of the month  said

NVC received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The application is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant's visa application.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as the cases become documentarily qualified. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, pet

Timeline

I mean I had my qualified letter since August 2019 then I receive 2020 on the 1st of the month  said

NVC received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The application is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant's visa application.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as the cases become documentarily qualified. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, pet

What did the letter you received in August 2019 say?

Timeline

I want to know when did you start applying for immigrant Visa?      Mine? I started it 2018 on October 10th this when I start it I throw my papers the day

I filed the I-130 application with USCIS in May 2019, it was approved in October 2019 and I filed the NVC paperwork in January 2020 and still waiting for it to be approved.

Why so fast urs unbelievable 😲😲😲😲😲😱😱😱😱

It's said  

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.

NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in CAIRO, EGYP to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).

Please do NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until you have received an immigrant visa from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General may 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.