1- what is your marriage date 
2- when did you meet 
3- who is attend your wedding and how many person 
4- what are you doing for living 
5- what you wife doing for living 
6- where she live 
7- Do you have a photos 
8- do you remember your first met with your wife & when & where 

and she returned back to me the original document , and she told me Ok your visa is approved 

that`s all she did not  ask for  a copy of any thing just take 3 original doc ( marriage Certificate , Birth  Certificate , criminal  record )  , 

about medical examination it`s Online i make it in AL Shrouk hospital and they upload  the result online  no need to take it , 

about Packet that embassy will give to your with your passport ( there is no Packet only your passport you will take it and the packet become online also now 

Notes : have to make a album photo for your and your wife or Husband it`s very important  make some one nice to bring it with you in the interview 

please make sure that all of you complete your timeline on your profile to help each other it`s very important for all of us  

goo luck for all of you inshallah and i hope every thing become great for all my brother and sister inshallah ,,

thanks alot for all of you 

regards 

Hi Kaya and everyone, May I ask you if there was any additional fee you had to pay at the embassy on The day or before the day of your immigration interview at the embassy? I am making a budget for all expenses and trying to avoid surprises :) I am already aware of the medical exam fees of course. 

thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, NMHayek said:

Hi Kaya and everyone, May I ask you if there was any additional fee you had to pay at the embassy on The day or before the day of your immigration interview at the embassy? I am making a budget for all expenses and trying to avoid surprises :) I am already aware of the medical exam fees of course. 

thank you! 

Hi , 

you don`t need to pay any thing on embassy if you are paid all fees on NVC  , only after approval they will give you a doc to pay 220 USD for IV fees for Green Card 

that all , good luck for you inashllah , do you receive your IL  ? 

Regards 

Edited by KAYA

39 minutes ago, KAYA said:

Hi , 

you don`t need to pay any thing on embassy if you are paid all fees on NVC  , only after approval they will give you a doc to pay 220 USD for IV fees for Green Card 

that all , good luck for you inashllah , do you receive your IL  ? 

Regards 

Hi thank you so much! Yes today I received a scheduled interview from from the Cairo Embassy. I requested NVC to expedite my paperwork, the request was approved and they sent all my paperwork directly to the Cairo Embassy and the embassy made my appointment for us for next month.

I had valid reasons and strong documentation that allowed my case to be expedited. If anyone needs information they can google NVC expedite and there is a lot of information on who may qualify

thank you for the info! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NMHayek said:

Hi thank you so much! Yes today I received a scheduled interview from from the Cairo Embassy. I requested NVC to expedite my paperwork, the request was approved and they sent all my paperwork directly to the Cairo Embassy and the embassy made my appointment for us for next month.

I had valid reasons and strong documentation that allowed my case to be expedited. If anyone needs information they can google NVC expedite and there is a lot of information on who may qualify

thank you for the info! 

Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you and thank you so much for keeping us updated.  Best of luck on the interview!

1 minute ago, katkoota said:

Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you and thank you so much for keeping us updated.  Best of luck on the interview!

How come i expedit them 1 moth ago they send this. 

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for contacting the National Visa Center (NVC).  As a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak, NVC is temporarily working with reduced staff. During this time, we ask that you only contact us with urgent medical or humanitarian inquiries, or necessary case updates that are still pending.

If you submitted an online inquiry and have not received a response, you may  re-submit your inquiry at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We answer inquiries in the order that we receive them. Please refer to https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for up to date processing times including:

*   Case creation

*   Case review

*   Email response time

For cases already processing at NVC, most applicants can make updates to their own case. Check out our self-service options at https://ceac.state.gov<https://ceac.state.gov/>, including:

Timeline
11 minutes ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

How come i expedit them 1 moth ago they send this. 

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for contacting the National Visa Center (NVC).  As a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak, NVC is temporarily working with reduced staff. During this time, we ask that you only contact us with urgent medical or humanitarian inquiries, or necessary case updates that are still pending.

If you submitted an online inquiry and have not received a response, you may  re-submit your inquiry at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We answer inquiries in the order that we receive them. Please refer to https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for up to date processing times including:

*   Case creation

*   Case review

*   Email response time

For cases already processing at NVC, most applicants can make updates to their own case. Check out our self-service options at https://ceac.state.gov<https://ceac.state.gov/>, including:

Unfortunately I don’t know.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/7/2020 at 2:09 PM, NMHayek said:

thank you for the info! 

Hi How long did it take from your approved expedite to your interview scheduling? I just received my expedite approval and my case is in transit from NVC to the embassy. Also how long until you receive your interview letter with instructions? Thank you so much and congratulations!

7 hours ago, SETETA said:

Hi How long did it take from your approved expedite to your interview scheduling? I just received my expedite approval and my case is in transit from NVC to the embassy. Also how long until you receive your interview letter with instructions? Thank you so much and congratulations!

They embassy canceled all the interviews for May , including my expedited cases. We received a phone call Mid April, a day after doing ‘my husband’s medical exam 😑, from the embassy with 0 explanation and that we would be contacted for rescheduling. I haven’t heard a word from them since  and my phone calls to the embassy were not successful. I talked to an officer In the embassy and she promised to look into it to get back to me in a week but she never bothered to call or email us - it’s been about a month now since I talked to her.

I also talked to other people who had interviews and they all confirmed their appointments for May were canceled with the same phone call. 
It seems that they are not even operating anymore. Tho I cannot get any clear answers, a lot of online researching seems to indicated that most embassy employees around were sent back to the USA. The immigration office in the USA embassy doesn’t even answer emails anymore. I was told by the embassy operators That was the only way to contact the immigration department and I’ve sent many emails and no one has answered.

I have no answers and apparently no one else does either. But I expect the backlog to be starting in April after the initial halt in immigration appointments. So you maybe looking at least 3 month more AFTER the embassy starts operations again - because they do appointment I order of received, so any expedited appointments in April will go first, in theory. And we have no idea when operations will start again. 
Those are my predictions from my experience and research. 
I’m still in Egypt with my husband and neither one of us have work or any type  of income (we are from the tourism market). I’m really praying for them to open operations again asap

Timeline
1 hour ago, NMHayek said:

They embassy canceled all the interviews for May , including my expedited cases. We received a phone call Mid April, a day after doing ‘my husband’s medical exam 😑, from the embassy with 0 explanation and that we would be contacted for rescheduling. I haven’t heard a word from them since  and my phone calls to the embassy were not successful. I talked to an officer In the embassy and she promised to look into it to get back to me in a week but she never bothered to call or email us - it’s been about a month now since I talked to her.

I also talked to other people who had interviews and they all confirmed their appointments for May were canceled with the same phone call. 
It seems that they are not even operating anymore. Tho I cannot get any clear answers, a lot of online researching seems to indicated that most embassy employees around were sent back to the USA. The immigration office in the USA embassy doesn’t even answer emails anymore. I was told by the embassy operators That was the only way to contact the immigration department and I’ve sent many emails and no one has answered.

I have no answers and apparently no one else does either. But I expect the backlog to be starting in April after the initial halt in immigration appointments. So you maybe looking at least 3 month more AFTER the embassy starts operations again - because they do appointment I order of received, so any expedited appointments in April will go first, in theory. And we have no idea when operations will start again. 
I’m still in Egypt with my husband and neither one of us have work or any type  of income (we are from the tourism market). I’m really praying for them to open operations again asap

Sorry to hear that. I hope that operations will begin again soon. These are strange times. There must be some staff as the expedite request was reviewed and accepted by the embassy so perhaps we will hear something soon. I will keep you updated. Please take care and stay safe. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, NMHayek said:

Have you tried to reschedule via the website? This K1 applicant Jody and Misho  has for July. Is this where you scheduled your first appt?

Also, which e-mail are you using to contact the embassy? 

3 hours ago, SETETA said:

Have you tried to reschedule via the website? This K1 applicant Jody and Misho  has for July. Is this where you scheduled your first appt?

Also, which e-mail are you using to contact the embassy? 

They are supposed to schedule it for you Via email. I first scheduled it for July on the website and then they contacted me via email for an earlier date... so idk if the online appointments is valid. Doesn’t hurt to make one then cancel it later if they contact you. Which I have done.
yes there is someone - somewhere reviewing things but whether they are in Egypt or not is the question. 
yes please keep me updated thanks!! 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, NMHayek said:

They are supposed to schedule it for you Via email. I first scheduled it for July on the website and then they contacted me via email for an earlier date... so idk if the online appointments is valid. Doesn’t hurt to make one then cancel it later if they contact you. Which I have done.
yes there is someone - somewhere reviewing things but whether they are in Egypt or not is the question. 
yes please keep me updated thanks!! 

Lol-that is the question indeed! :) Glad you at least got an appointment. I will just need to wait until I hear from  them. I don't think I am in the system yet. Stay strong and be safe! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.