Exanuage

Waiting time after DQ for the US embassy in Egypt

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey guys! 

I was talking to @Maym privately and she told me that she received her IL but it was in her spam. She was Dq August 30 and I was DQ August 23. I hadnt received my IL but when she told me I checked my spam. Turns out they sent it to me January 16 and my interview is February 23. Thank god I checked and found it. Lesson learned..check your spam! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Hager&Mohamed said:

Hey guys! 

I was talking to @Maym privately and she told me that she received her IL but it was in her spam. She was Dq August 30 and I was DQ August 23. I hadnt received my IL but when she told me I checked my spam. Turns out they sent it to me January 16 and my interview is February 23. Thank god I checked and found it. Lesson learned..check your spam! 

Congratulations to both of you!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, katkoota said:

Congratulations to both of you!

Thanks! Hopefully we all get accepted and no one experiences AP

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hager&Mohamed said:

Hey guys! 

Congratulations! Hope everything goes well for all of us.

We're counting on you to get back to us after your interview for most recent updates on the embassy. Good luck. 

14 hours ago, Hager&Mohamed said:

Hey guys! 

Oh wow how scary!! But thank God! Congratulations!!! Please give us all the details when u go to the interview :) 

can I ask which Email address they send the IL letter from and what the subject is, I will add it to my safe email list so it never goes to spam! Omg how crazy, most important letter of our lives and it goes to spam -_- 

15 hours ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

And I just received it last month this message so do I have to wait 5 months

Seems so. I think you should either speak with NVC or a immigration lawyer Bc I think you are confused on where you are on the timeline. You should not rely on us for information if you are confused. 

Edited by NMHayek
Spelling

For those of us who haven’t gotten our IL letters yet and are now freaking out about the letters accidentally going to spam. I found this article a while ago about how to know ur interview letter is coming. It would only give maybe 7 days advance notice but at least it’s a way for us to know it’s been sent if we haven’t received anything and to check our spam or call NVC  
http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/04/nvc-case-complete-secret/

Timeline
14 minutes ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

Yes I try to call yesterday but they busy the nvc 

Try calling them at 7am EST (this would be 2pm in Egypt), someone on another post said it’s easiest to get through at that time. They should be open tomorrow.

Edited by katkoota
Add more info

Timeline
9 hours ago, Exanuage said:

Congratulations! Hope everything goes well for all of us.

We're counting on you to get back to us after your interview for most recent updates on the embassy. Good luck. 

Ill let you guys know how it went. Pray for me

Timeline
2 hours ago, NMHayek said:

Oh wow how scary!! But thank God! Congratulations!!! Please give us all the details when u go to the interview :) 

can I ask which Email address they send the IL letter from and what the subject is, I will add it to my safe email list so it never goes to spam! Omg how crazy, most important letter of our lives and it goes to spam -_- 

I know right. Im glad i checked on time! The email is national_visa_center@state.gov and thr subject is immigrant visa interview apt. Hope this helps! 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

I live in NYC 

Sorry wasn’t sure if you were in Egypt or the US.  Hopefully you can get through to them.

12 minutes ago, Hager&Mohamed said:

Ill let you guys know how it went. Pray for me

Best of luck, thank you, and I’ll definitely be praying for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.