Sharon & Thomas

After enter USA with electronic IR1 visa, but green card status is still pending

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi everyone, I paid the green card fee before entered USA with IR1 electronic visa (no package) in September, now I already have been lived in US for 1.5 months, I know it's still early to check green card status which is still showing payment received. But I heard that carrying the electronic visa would cause more delay. Anyone could share any experience? 

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

Hi everyone, I paid the green card fee before entered USA with IR1 electronic visa (no package) in September, now I already have been lived in US for 1.5 months, I know it's still early to check green card status which is still showing payment received. But I heard that carrying the electronic visa would cause more delay. Anyone could share any experience? 

Thank you.

What electronic?  You should have a stamp in your passport 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

What electronic?  You should have a stamp in your passport 

Yes, I have a stamp which means 1 year green card temporary. I'm talking about my IR1 electronic visa, normally embassy will send a whole package with immigrant visa after approval, but nowadays those package becomes electronic.

Normally we should receive green card after paid and entered the US about 3-4 weeks, but I heard carrying electronic immigrant visa cause delay.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

There is no such thing as an IR-1 electronic visa.  You're talking about the visa packet.  

The visa packet being electronic does not case any delays in sending out the green card.  It can take 2-3 months to arrive.  

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

There is no such thing as an IR-1 electronic visa.  You're talking about the visa packet.  

The visa packet being electronic does not case any delays in sending out the green card.  It can take 2-3 months to arrive.  

Correct.  The visa is glued permanently to a page of the passport.  There is no electronic visa.  It can take even longer than that, but I would start making contacts to USCIS after 3 months.  The visa and endorsement stamp next to it substitute for a green card for a year.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

Yes, I have a stamp which means 1 year green card temporary. I'm talking about my IR1 electronic visa, normally embassy will send a whole package with immigrant visa after approval, but nowadays those package becomes electronic.

Normally we should receive green card after paid and entered the US about 3-4 weeks, but I heard carrying electronic immigrant visa cause delay.

Everyone seems to want to nit-pic on your terminology  ...   yet they all know about the "electronic data package" instead of the physical DO NOT OPEN envelope with your case file, and knew what you were asking

All you want is to know if because of this new process does it take longer to receive your physical green card.   And yes, it is taking longer.

And as you noted you do have the I-551 (permanent resident status) stamp in your passport which is valid for one year.    So no worries there.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/temporary-i-551-stamps-and-mrivs

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

22 hours ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

Thank you.

We are almost 3 and a half months and no green card yet. We tried to contact USCIS, but they said wait up to 120 days before making any inquiry. So we are not worrying about it much, you should not either.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/4/2019 at 12:00 PM, Sharon & Thomas said:

Thank you.

Welcome to the club  Im still waiting on the card

fee paid on June 25th

poe:  July 4th  at JfK with  ccd (no package). 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Francony said:

Welcome to the club  Im still waiting on the card

fee paid on June 25th

poe:  July 4th  at JfK with  ccd (no package). 

You should be able to call USCIS, it’s been 120 days already, right? 

Timeline
On 11/5/2019 at 9:48 AM, suhridkhan said:

We are almost 3 and a half months and no green card yet. We tried to contact USCIS, but they said wait up to 120 days before making any inquiry. So we are not worrying about it much, you should not either.

Please keep me updated if you receive card. Btw, what is your state? I’m MN

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

I did called them the answer i've got  was nothing wrong with my case is just backlogged 

so I'm calling back next week to open a inquiry. Im in NY 

5 hours ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

What a coincidence!

My wife received her card just today. I am from CO. Today marks the 119th day since her arrival, so I guess USCIS didn't miss their timeline! 😂

Edited by suhridkhan

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Timeline
2 hours ago, suhridkhan said:

What a coincidence!

My wife received her card just today. I am from CO. Today marks the 119th day since her arrival, so I guess USCIS didn't miss their timeline! 😂

Wow! Congrats! Hope I can receive mine soon.😕

Timeline

Hello guys quick update on my case 

I was checking my case it has changed to  (close case)

and Card has been Mailed, so after 4 Months and few days. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.