Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I’m still waiting for a interview ugh....this process is so stressful plus my green card extension letter expires end of august......also these furloughs that will happen to uscis just makes it worse....

Edited by Venus201320

(I-751) Removal of Conditions Delivered: 11/30/2018
Notice of Action 18 month extension letter : 2/1/2019
1st Biometrics Letter: Received letter on 5/31/2019 that they will re-use my fingerprints.  

2nd Biometrics Letter: Received new letter on 10/25/2019 to do biometrics on Nov 4. :bonk:

(I-751) Transferred to NBC: 12/03/2019

(I-751) approved: 11/06/2020 😄

(N-400) Online Delivered: 11/30/2019

NOA Received : 11/30/2019

Biometrics Scheduled: 01/09/2020

Biometrics Walk-In: 12/30/2019

Interview: 11/06/2020 @ 12:00PM :joy:

N-400 approved: 11/06/2020 🇺🇸

Oath Ceremony: 11/06/2020  🇺🇸

US Passport/Card (expedited) applied: 11/10/2020

US Passport application delivered: 11/13/2020

US Passport: "In Process" as of 11/13/2020 email from DOS

US Passport Approved: 11/20/2020 🇺🇸

US Passport Delivered: 11/24/2020 :goofy:

US Passport Card Delivered: 11/25/2020

Naturalization Certificate Delivered: 11/27/2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Venus201320 said:

I’m still waiting for a interview ugh....this process is so stressful plus my green card extension letter expires end of august......also these furloughs that will happen to uscis just makes it worse....

My wife's extension was going to expire early August and we call USCIS to ask about it. They scheduled an infopass at the field office and gave us a i-551 stamp in her passport with another year extension. Only thing they take your green card. I highly recommend trying to get that done now so u don't have to worry about the extension letter expiring while waiting processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
30 minutes ago, AnotherAndrew said:

My wife's extension was going to expire early August and we call USCIS to ask about it. They scheduled an infopass at the field office and gave us a i-551 stamp in her passport with another year extension. Only thing they take your green card. I highly recommend trying to get that done now so u don't have to worry about the extension letter expiring while waiting processing.

Did they give you a hard time about scheduling an infopass? I’ve heard many people say they have a hard time getting one without having an emergency. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
28 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

Did they give you a hard time about scheduling an infopass? I’ve heard many people say they have a hard time getting one without having an emergency. 

I would say slightly because we had to speak to about 3-4 different people. So the process was calling the call center and from there the rep schedule us a callback with a immigration officer which was 4-5 business days. Officer calls us so we could explain the situation about our expiring extension and from there they scheduled us a infopass appointment. The 3 criteria they told us was renewal of IDs, new job and emergencies. My wife claimed family emergency because family member got hurt in her home country and she wants to go home. Without a valid paperwork they wouldn't let her back into the US. We were told to bring proof of the emergency so we had our family send us a doctor's note about the injuries. The day of our appointment they call us to move up our appointment time and even told us that we didn't need to bring the proof even though we have it. I'm in the Los Angeles area which is pretty slow in processing but we were able to get the stamp which was actually yesterday. Imo I think u could say you got a new job due to covid but the company won't process you because your extension is expiring or you lost your ID and DMV won't process your duplicate ID without a new extension. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

29 minutes ago, AnotherAndrew said:

I would say slightly because we had to speak to about 3-4 different people. So the process was calling the call center and from there the rep schedule us a callback with a immigration officer which was 4-5 business days. Officer calls us so we could explain the situation about our expiring extension and from there they scheduled us a infopass appointment. The 3 criteria they told us was renewal of IDs, new job and emergencies. My wife claimed family emergency because family member got hurt in her home country and she wants to go home. Without a valid paperwork they wouldn't let her back into the US. We were told to bring proof of the emergency so we had our family send us a doctor's note about the injuries. The day of our appointment they call us to move up our appointment time and even told us that we didn't need to bring the proof even though we have it. I'm in the Los Angeles area which is pretty slow in processing but we were able to get the stamp which was actually yesterday. Imo I think u could say you got a new job due to covid but the company won't process you because your extension is expiring or you lost your ID and DMV won't process your duplicate ID without a new extension. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Thank you for the response, we’ll definitely try calling and seeing what they say. 

I got a call from USCIS about scheduling an infopass appointment and they told me there are no available dates in Atlanta field office! I need to call back again. Because renewing a driver's license is not an emergency🤦‍♀️ they are unable to open additional appointments for non-emergency situations. This is so frustrating. Btw they don't even take any steps unless your driver's license expires in less than 10 days.  Now mine is expiring next  week and still can't get even an appointment. I am getting nervous because it's very likely I won't be able to drive soon and there's no way to run errands without a car in my town.  

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

3 hours ago, south9 said:

I got a call from USCIS about scheduling an infopass appointment and they told me there are no available dates in Atlanta field office! I need to call back again. Because renewing a driver's license is not an emergency🤦‍♀️ they are unable to open additional appointments for non-emergency situations. This is so frustrating. Btw they don't even take any steps unless your driver's license expires in less than 10 days.  Now mine is expiring next  week and still can't get even an appointment. I am getting nervous because it's very likely I won't be able to drive soon and there's no way to run errands without a car in my town.  

Same here, my extension expires in 30 days. They did not want to hear it. I had to fight on the phone to get a call back from an officer only to be told "drivers license renewal isn't an emergency", but apparently traveling is. Go figure, traveling during a pandemic is ok with them. I guess we all need to start planning trips to be able to carry on with life. 

The handling of this on USCIS's behalf has been terrible. They should've automatically extended green card/I751's that are being held up by N400 interviews so that people could still carry on with life. 

18 hours ago, jsilva89 said:

Same here, my extension expires in 30 days. They did not want to hear it. I had to fight on the phone to get a call back from an officer only to be told "drivers license renewal isn't an emergency", but apparently traveling is. Go figure, traveling during a pandemic is ok with them. I guess we all need to start planning trips to be able to carry on with life. 

The handling of this on USCIS's behalf has been terrible. They should've automatically extended green card/I751's that are being held up by N400 interviews so that people could still carry on with life. 

now they want a written letter from Georgia DMV stating that they cannot renew my driver's license. I am not even sure I can get one. not only that there are no open dates for an appointment in DMV offices before my driver's license expires. and I was told about this letter only today, talked to maybe 5 different agents and none of them ever mentioned this. 

It's just absolutely infuriating. We all paid ~1500 dollars on naturalization and 10 year green card and they won't even put a simple stamp. 

Edited by south9

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

Timeline
16 minutes ago, south9 said:

now they want a written letter from Georgia DMV stating that they cannot renew my driver's license. I am not even sure I can get one. not only that there are no open dates for an appointment in DMV offices before my driver's license expires. and I was told about this letter only today, talked to maybe 5 different agents and none of them ever mentioned this. 

It's just absolutely infuriating. We all paid ~1500 dollars on naturalization and 10 year green card and they won't even put a simple stamp. 

Yeah this is ridiculous. Someone will sue USCIS eventually for this. 

1st Biometrics Letter: Received letter on 5/31/2019 that they will re-use my fingerprints.  

2nd Biometrics Letter: Received new letter on 10/25/2019 to do biometrics on Nov 4. :bonk:

16 minutes ago, south9 said:

Have you tried renewing online? I just did that in NY. Not sure if Georgia allows this. In NY, you can only get the Real or Enhanced ID / driver's license if you go in person. I had 2 appointments pre-COVID at the DMV and their systems were down both times! 😭 So I gave up on the new ID / driver's license, filed my application for renewal for old license online, paid $85 fee online, went to pharmacy to take eye exam, and boom - renewed driver's license in the mail 2 weeks later. 

22 hours ago, south9 said:

What city in GA are you residing? When does your driver`s license expire?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
20 minutes ago, south9 said:

What is very odd and also annoying is that some people claim they had absolutely no problem getting an infopass appointment without reason or even for renewing their drivers licenses and some people are getting a hard time about it. 

Something seems off here, honestly. I don’t understand why there isn’t one standard procedure for an infopass/extending green cards that applies to everyone. 

USCIS will eventually get sued over this especially if they keep picking and choosing who can get an appointment. They need to extended the extension again if they’re going to keep messing around. No reason they can’t approve these green cards and interview for N400 at a later date.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, lucardo3 said:

What city in GA are you residing? When does your driver`s license expire?

I believe they live in Atlanta, GA.

Timeline

I’ve contacted the Ombudsman office to help with my I-751 and N-400. Let’s see what they will be able to find out with my pending cases. 
My driver’s license and my green card extension letter both expire on 8/28/2020.

Edited by Venus201320

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.