Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, Kirstyandliam said:

Submitted my application online yesterday, I was going to wait but with the news about the fees increasing I took the leap haha here’s hoping for a smooth process! How soon is biometrics scheduled? 

Same here. I became eligible since March of 2018, however, since my ROC was still pending at that time, I have opted to just wait for it and I believe it was for the best since I have received an RFE on December 2018. The fee increase on December 2nd specifically for N-400 from $640 to $1,170 (excluding the fee for Biometrics) is way too much that I had to file for it online ASAP. 

I will post the link here just in case some of you guys would like to know more.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/USCIS-Raises-Service-Costs-564828361.html

4 hours ago, Deagle said:

You will see the letter posted on Tuesday. Good luck not being obsessed. I check twice everyday knowing that nothing will change lol.

I forgot my USCIS account password and requested to reset my password but they blocked my account . I will call them this Monday .  I will defiantly check it on daily basis lol

2 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

Same here. I became eligible since March of 2018, however, since my ROC was still pending at that time, I have opted to just wait for it and I believe it was for the best since I have received an RFE on December 2018. The fee increase on December 2nd specifically for N-400 from $640 to $1,170 (excluding the fee for Biometrics) is way too much that I had to file for it online ASAP. 

I will post the link here just in case some of you guys would like to know more.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/USCIS-Raises-Service-Costs-564828361.html

Good for you that you filed before the fees increase. I feel sad for all the applicants who are not eligible to file their N400 before December 2 Nd , I wish all the best for everyone 

3 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

I was an October 2017 filer for ROC (via K1 visa), got an RFE on December 2018 and got my 10 year GC on May of this year. I have submitted my N-400 application online on November 20th and got an update last night regarding my upcoming schedule for biometrics. 

Good luck to my fellow November 2019 filers! God bless us all. 

Screenshot_20191123-131103_Samsung Internet.jpg

Where to find your case updates ? Is it on the app ?

31 minutes ago, Malak1 said:

Where to find your case updates ? Is it on the app ?

No, it's on their website www.uscis.gov and if you file yours online, log in to your account and you will see it there and on the email associated with your uscis account. Hope it helps. Likewise, you may also would want to add your receipt number on your my uscis account if you have one https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do;jsessionid=D0684480F9DDEF702520003D9E306025.

Screenshot_20191123-171934_Samsung Internet.jpg

50 minutes ago, kenzo_gal said:

No, it's on their website www.uscis.gov and if you file yours online, log in to your account and you will see it there and on the email associated with your uscis account. Hope it helps. Likewise, you may also would want to add your receipt number on your my uscis account if you have one https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do;jsessionid=D0684480F9DDEF702520003D9E306025.

Screenshot_20191123-171934_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you so much for the link . I was able to reset my password. My application was submitted on 11/22/19 . How long will it take till I receive notifications?

7 minutes ago, Malak1 said:

Thank you so much for the link . I was able to reset my password. My application was submitted on 11/22/19 . How long will it take till I receive notifications?

You're welcome, make sure to turn on your notifications on your myuscis account. You will then receive one once they make a status update on your case.

Screenshot_20191123-182140_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Malak1 said:

Thank you , I will turn the notifications on. I still don’t have a case # for my N400 to add , Are they going to send me a case number?

Since you just submitted your application yesterday, you may want to wait for a status update first. As soon as you get one, your case number will be mentioned there. I suggest that you keep an eye on your email and sms alert so you'll know when there is one already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am really surprised, my biometric already scheduled, my estimated time June 2020, I filed 11/22

3 minutes ago, Malak1 said:

I filed 11/22 too but haven’t received anything yet . Good luck :), which office is processing your application?  I live in Ohio , does anyone know which office will process Ohio cases?

On 11/8/2019 at 8:39 PM, Bebe1 said:

I believe your field office is determined by where you live. 

This link might help you find yours - https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Type your zip code to see what field office is applicable to you.

I came across this one several hours ago when I found this thread while reading majority of the comments. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
13 hours ago, R&OC said:

Dear all,

I am joining you all rather unexpected as my husbands deployment/orders allows me to file for Naturalization early.

We just filled out the paperwork as much as we could but we are struggling with the question 9 that is asking to state all the days outside the US in the past 5 years. I have had my marriage based GC for 18 months only and hence have spent the majority of my last 5 years outside the US. Or do they refer to the period of a LPR? Meaning I state all trips since receiving my GC?

Do you guys recommend using a check or pay by credit card? 

Thank you for your help.

Travel history while you were a LPR.

If you use your credit card you should see your application process a little faster especially if you filed online. I was notified of case number and estimated completion in about 24 hours when I filed online and of course the pending charge on the card. If you filed by paper still paying with a card or check they have to process it manually and you won't have a case ID until payment cleared.

Hope that helps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.