Alex and Nick

I-129F Packet: P. 2, Q. 54 - Circumstances of your in-person meeting

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, I'm slightly confused about Part 2, Question 54 in the I-129F form:

It says to 'describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting'. Does this mean to we describe our very first in-person meeting that occurred or every in-person meeting that occurred during our entire relationship?

When describing our very first in-person meeting should we talk about how we originally met online and that is what prompted us to meet in person or just strictly refer to the times we interacted with each other in-person?

How do we organize this information (since I'm guessing the more detail the better)? Do we use bullet points or should we write it like a story?

Since all this information wont fit in the designated space in Part 2, Question 54 and in Part 8 (the space designated for additional information) is this where we create a I-129F Supplement? If so, do we title is as 'I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 54"?

After creating the I-129F Supplement what do we write in Part 2, Question 54 of the I-129F form? Would it be something like, 'Please refer to the 'I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 54' of the I-129F Packet.'?

Thank you for any and all help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Alex & Nick said:

Hello, I'm slightly confused about Part 2, Question 54 in the I-129F form:

It says to 'describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting'. Does this mean to we describe our very first in-person meeting that occurred or every in-person meeting that occurred during our entire relationship?

When describing our very first in-person meeting should we talk about how we originally met online and that is what prompted us to meet in person or just strictly refer to the times we interacted with each other in-person?

How do we organize this information (since I'm guessing the more detail the better)? Do we use bullet points or should we write it like a story?

Since all this information wont fit in the designated space in Part 2, Question 54 and in Part 8 (the space designated for additional information) is this where we create a I-129F Supplement? If so, do we title is as 'I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 54"?

After creating the I-129F Supplement what do we write in Part 2, Question 54 of the I-129F form? Would it be something like, 'Please refer to the 'I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 54' of the I-129F Packet.'?

Thank you for any and all help!

If it won't fit in the space provided you should rethink your answer.   A love story thesis is not what they are looking for.   Synthesize it to two or three sentences 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If it won't fit in the space provided you should rethink your answer.   A love story thesis is not what they are looking for.   Synthesize it to two or three sentences 

Synthesize what though, the first in-person meeting only or every in-person meeting that has occurred during our relationship? I wouldn't be able to fit 5+ years of in-person meetings in 2-3 sentences. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alex & Nick said:

Synthesize what though, the first in-person meeting only or every in-person meeting that has occurred during our relationship? I wouldn't be able to fit 5+ years of in-person meetings in 2-3 sentences. 

Where do you think a 5 year history needs to be chronicled?  You only need to prove ONE meeting within the past two years.

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Where do you think a 5 year history needs to be chronicled?  You only need to prove ONE meeting within the past two years.

This was the part I first said I was unclear about it. I wasn't sure exactly what in-person meeting needed to be described. So if we only need to pick one in-person meeting within the last 2 years can we use the one that is coming up in a week? Or should we pick an in-person meeting that isn't 1-2 weeks before filing?

Edited by Alex & Nick

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Alex & Nick said:

This was the part I first said I was unclear about it. I wasn't sure exactly what in-person meeting needed to be described. So if we only need to pick one in-person meeting within the last 2 years can we use the one that is coming up in a week? Or should we pick an in-person meeting that isn't 1-2 weeks before filing?

The requirement is within two years of the filing.  It can be tbe day before.   Pick the one with the strongest evidence 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

The requirement is within two years of the filing.  It can be tbe day before.   Pick the one with the strongest evidence 

Perfect, thank you! I can see where I got confused now.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, klgck said:

We put how we met online, the date we met in person and that since then we visit each other at least every two months. We were approved with that answer!

So I could write something like, "Alexis and I first met online through a mutual friend. We first met each other in Canada in 2014 and have sine visited each other 2-3 times a year. Our most recent visit occurred November 5th - 13th, 2019. We spent our time together and with Alexis' family."

Timeline
Just now, Alex & Nick said:

So I could write something like, "Alexis and I first met online through a mutual friend. We first met each other in Canada in 2014 and have sine visited each other 2-3 times a year. Our most recent visit occurred November 5th - 13th, 2019. We spent our time together and with Alexis' family."

That sounds perfect! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Sorry to bother you again, but a quick follow up if that's okay. Does this mean the proof of having met portion of the I-129F packet should only include proof of the particular in-person meeting we describe in the I-129F form or should it be all proof we have from any visit in the last two years?

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Alex and Nick said:

Sorry to bother you again, but a quick follow up if that's okay. Does this mean the proof of having met portion of the I-129F packet should only include proof of the particular in-person meeting we describe in the I-129F form or should it be all proof we have from any visit in the last two years?

I'm a minimalist,  you however can include whatever you want but make sure you hit the one visit out of the park

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

I'm a minimalist,  you however can include whatever you want but make sure you hit the one visit out of the park

Planning on it. The visit is coming up in less than a week. We're going to save bag tags, boarding passes, dinner receipts, movie tickets and will also make sure we have plenty of photographs of us in multiple locations and with my family as well. Feels like we're 'staging' our relationship when really we're just doing everything we normally do but more documented.

On that note, would social media posts be considered evidence? For example: Checking in to a location on Facebook then printing off a screenshot of the post and then attaching it with a photograph of ourselves at the location.

Any other proof I guess we can just put in the optional 'Proof of ongoing relationship' section of our I-129F Packet.

Thank you again for all this helpful, we truly appreciate it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You are proving a bonafide relationship... not just a meeting.  So front end heavy the application if I were you.   I gave them 9 meetings pictures, air - musical - train tickets, table of dates, app screen shots, facetime shots,   NO RFE.

Eg:  We take a picture with restaurant X, and included receipt of restaurant X.

We took pictures with landmarks

We took pictures with friends and HOLD a newspaper with date

Our train tickets, air tickets, universal studio tickets have names and dates

Remember any RFE = delay 1 mth min.

Edited by flfreddy

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.