Bangkok Robert

IV scheduling (Bangkok) and Packet 3: What's our timeline?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone! Noobs here!

Bangkok US CIS just emailed us last week our Packet 3 so that we can start the IV. I want to move to Texas by mid-November. What would YOU do?

- I completely move from Asia (been here 19 years) to Houston leaving Thai wife behind. She applies now for IV. She comes to US once IV is complete.

- We both fly to Texas now (me move, she vacation) and after Christmas she flies back to Bangkok and applies for IV.

- Other options

I'm in a rush to sell our business here (we might close this Monday), fly to Texas to help care for parents (80s), and look for new job. 

Thanks all!

:D

Rob

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Does she have a visa which would allow her to visit the US?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-3 Process forum to the Thailand regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 10/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, Bangkok Robert said:

Hello everyone! Noobs here!

Bangkok US CIS just emailed us last week our Packet 3 so that we can start the IV. I want to move to Texas by mid-November. What would YOU do?

- I completely move from Asia (been here 19 years) to Houston leaving Thai wife behind. She applies now for IV. She comes to US once IV is complete.

- We both fly to Texas now (me move, she vacation) and after Christmas she flies back to Bangkok and applies for IV.

- Other options

I'm in a rush to sell our business here (we might close this Monday), fly to Texas to help care for parents (80s), and look for new job. 

Thanks all!

:D

Rob

Hi There :)

I don't understand why did you file for K-3 visa if you are already married?

Timeline
On 10/16/2019 at 8:41 PM, missileman said:

Does she have a visa which would allow her to visit the US?

Yes, she has a tourist visa since 2016. We visited the US twice in 2017. 

On 10/17/2019 at 5:30 AM, TBoneTX said:

Thread is moved from the K-3 Process forum to the Thailand regional forum.

Thanks!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Oh! Am I using the wrong terminology? We applied at the US CIS office here in Bangkok and 122 days later we got this response:

Dear Sir/Madam:

This office is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your Immigrant visa case. 

Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully.  Your Packet 3 letter is attached with this email for your reference and use.

All visa packages and required forms can be downloaded from the Immigrant Visa section of the Embassy's website. Please read and follow very carefully all of the K Visa Instructions located on the Embassy's website at:

ท่านสามารถดาวน์โหลดเอกสารและแบบฟอร์มสำหรับการยื่นเรื่องวีซ่าทั้งหมดได้จากเว็บไซต์ของสถานทูตอเมริกันในส่วนของวีซ่าถาวร ประเภท เค กรุณาอ่านและปฏิบัติตามคำแนะนำเกี่ยวกับวีซ่าถาวรประเภท เค จากเว็บไซต์ด้านล่างนี้

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/ จากนั้นคลิกที่

·        Packet 3 Instructions for Immigrant Visas (English | Thai) 

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

Timeline
16 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I've been looking up stuffs! And I see on one document we received "IR1", so is that the type we are? Not K-3?
The 
difference between an CR1 visa and a IR1 visa is pretty simple. If the couple has been married for less than two years, the foreign spouse will receive a CR1 visa. ... The IR1 (Immediate Relative) visa is issued to foreign spouses who have been married to a U.S. citizen for a period longer than two years.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bangkok Robert said:

Oh! Am I using the wrong terminology? We applied at the US CIS office here in Bangkok and 122 days later we got this response:

Dear Sir/Madam:

This office is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your Immigrant visa case. 

Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully.  Your Packet 3 letter is attached with this email for your reference and use.

All visa packages and required forms can be downloaded from the Immigrant Visa section of the Embassy's website. Please read and follow very carefully all of the K Visa Instructions located on the Embassy's website at:

ท่านสามารถดาวน์โหลดเอกสารและแบบฟอร์มสำหรับการยื่นเรื่องวีซ่าทั้งหมดได้จากเว็บไซต์ของสถานทูตอเมริกันในส่วนของวีซ่าถาวร ประเภท เค กรุณาอ่านและปฏิบัติตามคำแนะนำเกี่ยวกับวีซ่าถาวรประเภท เค จากเว็บไซต์ด้านล่างนี้

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/ จากนั้นคลิกที่

·        Packet 3 Instructions for Immigrant Visas (English | Thai) 

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

So THAT message talks about the IV packet 3 BUT when you click the link you get the form for K VISA! Not IV! wth!

from the link in my email:
Embassy of the United States of America Consular Section, Immigrant Visa Unit Bangkok, Thailand
INSTRUCTION PACKET FOR FIANCE(E) ‘K’ VISA APPLICANTS (Packet 3)

Dear Visa Applicant: Your fiancé(e) (K) visa application has been approved for further processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

You are doing IR-1 or CR-1 visa for your wife.

I'm still confused why they've sent you instructions for Packet 3? In that Packet, does it specifically says K-1(2,3)?

Timeline
15 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Hi,

You are doing IR-1 or CR-1 visa for your wife.

I'm still confused why they've sent you instructions for Packet 3? In that Packet, does it specifically says K-1(2,3)?

me too!

You're correct: we've been married over 3 years so we are IR-1.

And one letter says IR-1. And the email says Immigration Visa. And the email gives a link to the Immigration Visa Packet 3. But when I click that link, it goes to a page for K Visas! 

I wrote them last night to confirm the email has an error OR we should follow the link's Packet 3 anyway.  I've opened the 2 Packet 3 types found on the embassy page (K and IV) and they are noticeably different. 

Hope this type of error isn't a common thing!! :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.