Shryock

Confused by NVC email...Is this an RFE?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I uploaded AOS financial evidence and civil documents to CEAC on September 10; since that time all documents have been listed as "SUBMITTED". I received an email from NVC last night stating that my case had been updated. When I logged into CEAC, the document status had been changed to "ACCEPTED", however the following messages is in my inbox.

**Case FE Review note - Please submit every Form W-2/1099 on CHRISTOPHER's submitted tax transcript or tax return.

I submitted my 2018 IRS tax transcript; why would they need copies of the W-2 forms as well? The I-864 directions explicitly state that a W-2 is not required if submitting a tax transcript. When I clicked on the ACCEPTED link for my documents, I get the same maintenance error message as everyone else. There is no other indication as to how I am supposed to submit the W-2 forms.

My question is this: do I really need to upload the W-2 forms in CEAC, or should I just bring them to our interview when it is eventually scheduled? I will try calling NVC tonight, but am really hoping if anyone has a similar experience and can tell me if my case is actually in the process of being completed.

Thanks for the support, the VJ community has been incredible!  

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
23 hours ago, renny said:

Hello,

How did this go? Im in a similar situation

I ended up calling the NVC and was told that despite what the I-864 instructions state, W-2 forms are in fact now required for IRS tax transcripts.  I wish I had known that from the beginning, it would have saved six weeks of waiting...

53 minutes ago, Shryock said:

I ended up calling the NVC and was told that despite what the I-864 instructions state, W-2 forms are in fact now required for IRS tax transcripts.  I wish I had known that from the beginning, it would have saved six weeks of waiting...

that is very frustrating. sorry

~~moved to NV from IR1 CR1 Process and procedures.  Issue is NVC related and is not visa specific~~ 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Shryock said:

I only submitted IRS transcripts, job letter, and six months of pay stubs... Do they now want W-2 forms?

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

I only submitted IRS transcripts, job letter, and six months of pay stubs... Do they now want W-2 forms?

Transcripts are always preferred. 
NOTE: Transcripts are not equal to Returns (aka From 1040).

If you are or have been filing your taxes as:

Single : You need Transcript OR (Return and W2)

Married Filing Jointly: You will need both Transcript AND W2.

Tough a few posts mention that it is required to have W2, but I dont think thats the case if you filed as single and have good income

Timeline
1 minute ago, saladboye said:

Transcripts are always preferred. 
NOTE: Transcripts are not equal to Returns (aka From 1040).

If you are or have been filing your taxes as:

Single : You need Transcript OR (Return and W2)

Married Filing Jointly: You will need both Transcript AND W2.

Tough a few posts mention that it is required to have W2, but I dont think thats the case if you filed as single and have good income

Thanks for the info.... I have W-2's but I have filed single for the past three years and my income is good. I hope they don't ask for more information. 

Nebraska Service Center

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

Timeline
Just now, Sea Leslie said:

Thanks for the info.... I have W-2's but I have filed single for the past three years and my income is good. I hope they don't ask for more information. 

You can still upload it.

I don't think they review it and wait 5 weeks to send DQ

I think they send the DQ within 24 hours of actual human review (I mean why have an artificial wait?), if you submitted the docs a week or two ago, go and upload the W2 if that gives you peace of mind.

PS: I did that , I only uploaded the transcript (MFJ) and caught MFJ/Single requirement a day later and uploaded it 2 days later and it got accepted just fine.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, saladboye said:

You can still upload it.

I don't think they review it and wait 5 weeks to send DQ

I think they send the DQ within 24 hours of actual human review (I mean why have an artificial wait?), if you submitted the docs a week or two ago, go and upload the W2 if that gives you peace of mind.

PS: I did that , I only uploaded the transcript (MFJ) and caught MFJ/Single requirement a day later and uploaded it 2 days later and it got accepted just fine.

Thanks, I just uploaded the last three years w2's... You know if this changes my place in line?

Nebraska Service Center

Timeline
Just now, Sea Leslie said:

Thanks, I just uploaded the last three years w2's... You know if this changes my place in line?

Cannot say with garuntee.

But the W2 are considered part of "additional documents" so i dont think it will change your place in line since you submitted the "REQUIRED" docs already.

Timeline
Just now, saladboye said:

Cannot say with garuntee.

But the W2 are considered part of "additional documents" so i dont think it will change your place in line since you submitted the "REQUIRED" docs already.

That's what I was thinking... Thanks so much.

Nebraska Service Center

Timeline
On 10/15/2019 at 11:28 PM, Shryock said:

I uploaded AOS financial evidence and civil documents to CEAC on September 10; since that time all documents have been listed as "SUBMITTED". I received an email from NVC last night stating that my case had been updated. When I logged into CEAC, the document status had been changed to "ACCEPTED", however the following messages is in my inbox.

**Case FE Review note - Please submit every Form W-2/1099 on CHRISTOPHER's submitted tax transcript or tax return.

I submitted my 2018 IRS tax transcript; why would they need copies of the W-2 forms as well? The I-864 directions explicitly state that a W-2 is not required if submitting a tax transcript. When I clicked on the ACCEPTED link for my documents, I get the same maintenance error message as everyone else. There is no other indication as to how I am supposed to submit the W-2 forms.

My question is this: do I really need to upload the W-2 forms in CEAC, or should I just bring them to our interview when it is eventually scheduled? I will try calling NVC tonight, but am really hoping if anyone has a similar experience and can tell me if my case is actually in the process of being completed.

Same situation. Only submitted transcripts. Got DQ message and the "need w2/1099s for the 2018 tax transcripts" on the same day. I called NVC and they said to bring them to the interview, which was scheduled two weeks later without any issues.

Edited by RamonGomez

• 2 years later...
On 10/16/2019 at 4:28 AM, Shryock said:

Hello how long did it take before you were DQ after you submitted the RFE request please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.