Saje

Help!!!!

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I have a boyfriend that's living in the US.

Right now we're filling out our petition for the K1 visa. I know there's probably a ton of messages like this but I need a correct answer on my question since I read some different answers. 

I need to send my birth certificate, a proof that I was never merried and a proof that I was never arrested. 

I have copies of them with the stamp. Of course I'm gonna translate all of them and they will have apostle. 

My question is, can I scan all of them and email that to my boyfriend so he can print them and send them to the USCIS or I need to mail them? 

Thank you! 

Best regards, 

Jelena

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can scan birth ceritificate and translation

the police report is not due till the interview stage/  it does not have to be with the application

if you were never married,  there is nothing to prove

Thank you so much for answering. 

I don't know do they need a proof that I was never merried, I thought it would be a good thing for them to see that I never was married. 

Also, for the letter of intet and a "love story" ( story how me met and started our relationship) - Can I scan that too and sign so my boyfriend can print that and send or it needs to be mailed because of the sign? Do they accept a scanned signature? 

Thank you!! 

Timeline

they don't need a love story just facts on how you meet and then in person meeting

more important they need letter of intent to marry fiancee here in the USA

As far as wet signature i will let others answer as things change all the time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JelenaSal said:

I don't know do they need a proof that I was never merried, I thought it would be a good thing for them to see that I never was married. 

Also, for the letter of intet and a "love story" ( story how me met and started our relationship) - Can I scan that too and sign so my boyfriend can print that and send or it needs to be mailed because of the sign? Do they accept a scanned signature? 

You each need your own letter of intent. Yours can be scanned. I am not sure about his. I mailed mine with my original signature on it. 

5 minutes ago, JelenaSal said:

Thank you!! 

6 minutes ago, Fogi said:

You each need your own letter of intent. Yours can be scanned. I am not sure about his. I mailed mine with my original signature on it. 

18 minutes ago, Fogi said:

Scans are good. They should be translated before sending

17 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

You can scan birth ceritificate and translation

the police report is not due till the interview stage/  it does not have to be with the application

if you were never married,  there is nothing to w

Thank you so much guys. 

How old birth certificate can be and every document that I'm sending. Since I'm gonna mail them, they will need some time to get to the US. 

Thanks again! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, JelenaSal said:

Thank you so much guys. 

How old birth certificate can be and every document that I'm sending. Since I'm gonna mail them, they will need some time to get to the US. 

Thanks again! 

You do not need to mail your documents, they can be scans. 

As for the age of the birth certificate, I am unsure. I don't think it matters as long as its a certified copy. Could be a scan of the original your parents received. 

1 minute ago, Fogi said:

You do not need to mail your documents, they can be scans. 

As for the age of the birth certificate, I am unsure. I don't think it matters as long as its a certified copy. Could be a scan of the original your parents received. 

I went to the government office and they gave me a certificate copy of my birth certificate on international version with a stamp. I don't think I need to translate it even, it contains 10 languages. English is there too. 

In Bosnia and Herzegovina your birth certificate at the government, parents don't have it. When you need it, government is giving you copy of the real one with a stamp as a proof that it's a certified.

So, as a conclusion, I don't have to mail BC or any documents or letter of intet to merry. They do accept a scanned signatures and stamps? 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, JelenaSal said:

I went to the government office and they gave me a certificate copy of my birth certificate on international version with a stamp. I don't think I need to translate it even, it contains 10 languages. English is there too. 

In Bosnia and Herzegovina your birth certificate at the government, parents don't have it. When you need it, government is giving you copy of the real one with a stamp as a proof that it's a certified.

So, as a conclusion, I don't have to mail BC or any documents or letter of intet to merry. They do accept a scanned signatures and stamps? 

all the above is good 

and yes,  scanned the documents

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
22 hours ago, JelenaSal said:

Yes scans are good for the letter of intent and that's the only thing USCIS wants from you.

You won't need the birth certificate and the police certificate before the interview stage. You'll give the originals to the embassy/ consulate. The birth certificate never gets old because there won't be any changes during your whole life and the police thing shouldnt be older than 6 months by the time you give it to the embassy.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 3 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, JelenaSal said:

Thank you!! 

They may ask for that at your K1 visa interview when you have it so make sure you keep that! They will also want your birth certificate at the interview as well. You're fiance will be the one that provides the birth certificate for now.  Best of luck! 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:08 PM, JelenaSal said:

I'm interested that they gave you one in English. The one they gave us was only in French. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.