PolarPear

I-751 October Filers

311 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Elethiomel said:

My window opens tomorrow, just sent it by two-day postage so it should be there day 89 (Saturday)! Nice to have the darn thing mailed so I can stop shuffling paper.

That means you filed early. Your filing date is the date it is postmarked. Don’t be surprised if they reject and send it back to you :(

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

We received the NOA1 In the mail today (notice date 10/18) .... Now waiting for the biometrics appointment letter!

I-751 sent: 10/12

I-751 received: 10/14

text notification: 10/18

check cashed: 10/21

NOA1 received: 10/24

I sent my husband’s I-751 at the very last minute on October 15 and USCIS received it October 17. His green card expired October 18. He received a text on October 23 from USCIS. Check was cashed October 24. Now waiting for I-797 to arrive in the mail. Talk about cutting it close... (sigh)

E7B23A4C-9CCF-46C2-BC19-E3A6EC7C4F73.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, JefLyn4ever said:

I sent my husband’s I-751 at the very last minute on October 15 and USCIS received it October 17. His green card expired October 18. He received a text on October 23 from USCIS. Check was cashed October 24. Now waiting for I-797 to arrive in the mail. Talk about cutting it close... (sigh)

E7B23A4C-9CCF-46C2-BC19-E3A6EC7C4F73.jpeg

That’s nice , good job 

Edited by Godisincontrol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 10/23/2019 at 4:46 PM, sausa said:

Hi guys,

Getting ready to send my packet this weekend. For bona fide marriage evidence, do I need to resubmitt evidence from the I-485 packet or just anything new? we bought a house and went on a few family vacations so included all the documentation, I also included bank account statements, IRS 2018 returns, health insurance cards. Think that's sufficient? My husband travels a lot for work so will be away for the next week or so still, he signed the forms on the 20th of October, the date of his signature is not going to be a problem is it? Or are they going to say it needs to be signed within the 90 day window.

Also im confused on the "90 day window" My green card expires on Jan 25 2020, so by my calculation I can send my packet on Sunday ? or does the window start at like day 89 ? 

It isn’t necessary to resubmit everything from I-485. The instructions for I-751 say this, in regards to submitting evidence:

”Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date...”

Also learn from our mistake — DO NOT submit your packet early! USCIS rec’d ours 2 days prior to the 90 day window and returned it to us. The entire packet is ruined, too. They run it through a machine that stamps every page, so you have to re-print everything. 

Edited by S & D

------------------------------

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-06 Assigned NVC #

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-09 Rec'd by Consulate

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
45 minutes ago, S & D said:

It isn’t necessary to resubmit everything from I-485. The instructions for I-751 say this, in regards to submitting evidence:

”Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date...”

Also learn from our mistake — DO NOT submit your packet early! USCIS rec’d ours 2 days prior to the 90 day window and returned it to us. The entire packet is ruined, too. They run it through a machine that stamps every page, so you have to re-print everything. 

What kind of stamp, out of interest?

58 minutes ago, S & D said:

Wow! That’s not very nice. I’m not in a rush I think I’m gonna give it a few days then file. Honestly I am just submitting new stuff from the last time I gave the I-485 in. I couldn’t care if they want an interview that’s fine, besides according to processing times in my state, you get the N400 (citizenship) interview before they even make a decision on the green card so they just do both at the same time. 

I added like 15 photos, insurances, IDs , we even bought a house together and showed them that don’t know what else they want.

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Timeline
10 hours ago, Elethiomel said:

What kind of stamp, out of interest?

It’s a long series of numbers that runs from one side of the page to the other and includes the date and time at the end. It’s on every page in the packet. And the top page is initialed in pen by someone.

Then you are given a green sheet that says you have to place on top of your forms when you resubmit. A mark of shame, I guess!

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

Timeline
10 hours ago, sausa said:

Wow! That’s not very nice. I’m not in a rush I think I’m gonna give it a few days then file. Honestly I am just submitting new stuff from the last time I gave the I-485 in. I couldn’t care if they want an interview that’s fine, besides according to processing times in my state, you get the N400 (citizenship) interview before they even make a decision on the green card so they just do both at the same time. 

I added like 15 photos, insurances, IDs , we even bought a house together and showed them that don’t know what else they want.

Your evidence sounds perfect :) I’m not sure what rush we were in either. We were about to leave the country for 2 weeks and thought, “yeah! Let’s get this baby in the mail before we go.” Funny how quickly you slip back into that USCIS panic mode after being able to relax for a couple years free of paperwork.

We resubmitted and rec’d our receipt notice and extension within a couple of weeks. GL to you!

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 minutes ago, S & D said:

It’s a long series of numbers that runs from one side of the page to the other and includes the date and time at the end. It’s on every page in the packet. And the top page is initialed in pen by someone.

Then you are given a green sheet that says you have to place on top of your forms when you resubmit. A mark of shame, I guess!

Oh neat. Yeah, I'm a tad concerned I'm in the same boat. @sausa was saying the filing date is the date of postmark. In which case I'm in trouble as I mailed my package one day before the window; however it hasn't been received yet (should arrive today) which would mean it would be received within the window, so if receipt is the standard not postmark, I'm okay.

I wasn't sure myself so did some research in the code of federal regulations (thank you paralegal school) 8 CFR 103.2 (a)(7) implies that it is the receipt that counts, the only references I can find to USCIS using postmark officially is to do with cut offs on new forms, new rules and new fees etc rather than with filings, but I guess we will see if I get rejected or not 

1 hour ago, Elethiomel said:

Oh neat. Yeah, I'm a tad concerned I'm in the same boat. @sausa was saying the filing date is the date of postmark. In which case I'm in trouble as I mailed my package one day before the window; however it hasn't been received yet (should arrive today) which would mean it would be received within the window, so if receipt is the standard not postmark, I'm okay.

I wasn't sure myself so did some research in the code of federal regulations (thank you paralegal school) 8 CFR 103.2 (a)(7) implies that it is the receipt that counts, the only references I can find to USCIS using postmark officially is to do with cut offs on new forms, new rules and new fees etc rather than with filings, but I guess we will see if I get rejected or not 

i read on some other forums where actual lawyers reply.. they said it's the received date that counts. so you should be fine. 

6/4/20             Approved

10/30/2019    I-751 accepted  SRC

On 10/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, JessieABC said:

Seems like my NOA is en route to be delivered today!

According to USCIS, msc  refers to Missouri and will most likely require an interview. Saw some other forums chains where everyone at msc was required to go.

Any thoughts? Below quoted from USCIS site in 2012:

The NBC was founded in 2001 in Lee's Summit, Missouri and was originally called the Missouri Service Center (which is why receipt notices from the NBC will begin with the letters “MSC”). The NBC's primary mission is to prepare applications for adjudication that require an interview at a USCIS Field Office.

Our receipt number starts with MSC so that means we’ll need an interview 😕 Anyone here who sent in their I-751 to a Dallas, TX whose receipt number starts with something else other than MSC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, JefLyn4ever said:

Our receipt number starts with MSC so that means we’ll need an interview 😕 Anyone here who sent in their I-751 to a Dallas, TX whose receipt number starts with something else other than MSC?

I sent mine to Dallas TX. I got my NOA and 18 months extension 7 days after submission. Two weeks later my case was transferred to MO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.