Paul&Anna

Hello

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi my name is Paul and I live in Pennsylvania. I’ve been doing research on here for a month now and hope to start the K1 process for my future fiancé in about a month or so. So pretty much I fell deeply in love with a woman from Ukraine this summer when she was here visiting her father. She has been coming for 3 months for the summer for five years. She is a school teacher and  has has long summer vacations. We hit it off fast and she lived with me for 2 months this summer until August she had to fly home. We miss each other terribly and know we are soulmates. But there is a catch. She is married and tomorrow is filing for divorce and that takes one month there as she has two kids. The father does not live with her for a few years now but she never filed for divorce as she never had a reason to. But now she does and as soon as it’s finished I will start the process. This Friday she is flying back to see me again but for only 10 days. Next maybe in December I will go to her and give her an engagement ring. I have to say this is a long hard process. How does everyone deal with missing your love? I admit I’m having a terrible time without her. I want her here as soon as possible. I meet the income requirements for her and two children. I just want this divorce to finalize so I can apply ASAP. So hello. I will rely on you all here for help not just with the application process but also for support. And I will start my timeline as soon as I can. Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome.  It is certainly a long and difficult journey to take with that certain special someone.  As to getting by without being together, many folks have different ways.  I know with us when we were going through our K1 process we used video calls a lot.  Unfortunately at that time my future wife did not have a B2 visa to come here, so I would go there as much as possible.  In this respect you are lucky as your future fiancé has the ability to visit you.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Welcome.  It is certainly a long and difficult journey to take with that certain special someone.  As to getting by without being together, many folks have different ways.  I know with us when we were going through our K1 process we used video calls a lot.  Unfortunately at that time my future wife did not have a B2 visa to come here, so I would go there as much as possible.  In this respect you are lucky as your future fiancé has the ability to visit you.

Good Luck!

Thank you! Yes we are lucky she can come here. We talk through Facebook messenger. It’s still hard. I wake up at 5am for work and it’s lunch time there. Then at 3pm here it’s 10pm there. So her day after work I’m working. We still talk. And video call. I do feel good that she isn’t delaying getting the divorce. It makes me know she is devoted. But I miss her. And I am alone every evening and weekend. So I have big plans for these 10 days she is here. 

Welcome,

Be careful when you say...

33 minutes ago, Paul&Anna said:

she lived with me for 2 months this summer until August

As you may already know a tourist visa is not for living in the US. We know what you meant be we have seen too many people lose their tourist visas because of slip ups like that. If you want her to continue visiting keep them short in duration.

Yes, we know it sucks being separated by someone you love. We know because nearly everyone who is on here has been through or is going through it. It is trying but you will make out in the end.

Your situation may take a little longer because she has the divorce the deal with. And nothing with immigration can start until that is 100% complete. You will have to persevere and keep visiting when you can. In the end it will all be worth it.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Welcome,

Be careful when you say...

As you may already know a tourist visa is not for living in the US. We know what you meant be we have seen too many people lose their tourist visas because of slip ups like that. If you want her to continue visiting keep them short in duration.

Yes, we know it sucks being separated by someone you love. We know because nearly everyone who is on here has been through or is going through it. It is trying but you will make out in the end.

Your situation may take a little longer because she has the divorce the deal with. And nothing with immigration can start until that is 100% complete. You will have to persevere and keep visiting when you can. In the end it will all be worth it.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Even though it is a long way off, if she plans on working as a teacher here in the US, make sure any certificates and qualifications are certified for use here in the US. My wife had to get a bunch of her certificates certified my the Ministry of foreign Affairs before they were valid here in the US. Every country is different, so that is something to check out. This is also a way to pass the time... Research... Try to think of everything possible that could come up thru the process and be prepared for it. Study the guides here, read everything you can about the process in the Ukraine forums. I kept myself busy learning about every step of the process to keep busy. To be honest, I don't know if it helped or not, separation is difficult anyway you look at it, but you can get thru it. like everyone has said we have all done it, some for years at a time, so keep yourself busy working toward the end goal. Most of the whole process is a waiting game with short spurts of rushing to get things done. Have her start on vaccinations now, some that are required are multiple steps, and take 6-8 months to fully complete as they are a series. Usually you only need one to pass the medical exam of each required vaccination, but better they are all done before hand. I started my fiancee at the time on them a month after I filed for her K1 because they were so cheap in her country, and she had all the series done by the medical exam about 8 months later. These are just a few ideas, but there are plenty of things to keep you busy for hours on the computer doing the research.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to VJ

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, Paul&Anna said:

And I am alone every evening and weekend.

I lived apart from my husband for two years and it was torture to be so far away (he lived in Brazil) while we had a long-distance relationship, got married in Brazil, filed for a CR-1 visa, and waited for that process to run its course.  We made it work with visits to see each other, mostly in Brazil, every two months or so, as often I could take time off work and save up the money for the very expensive and long 30+ hour trip.  We sent each other many messages every day with a nightly video call.  At times during the year there was a five hour time zone difference, so that was hard, plus a language difference to complicate things.  The sad goodbyes at airports were awful.  But you can do it if you really love each other and have totally open and honest communication with each other.  Now that we have been living together for more than a month, we look back on those two years living apart with fondness as we see the many photos of our visits on the walls of our bedroom and remember the challenges of living apart and the good memories of the time we were together.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

• 3 months later...