Sherryll T.

Mom’s B2 Visa Refused

35 posts in this topic

So my Mom got refused for B2 visa at USEM. Now, we are are planning to just go to the Philippines next year

(June 2020) to let her try again. My question is, Can we go inside as well for her interview? (Me and Hubby).

Does anyone here tried this? Thanks & have a great day!

•  

USCIS:

January 28, 2015 - I-130 Sent

February 3, 2015 - I-130 NOA1

April 2, 2015 - I-130 NOA2

NVC:

April 13, 2015 – NVC Received

April 29, 2015 – Case Number Assigned

May 2, 2015 – Completed DS261

May 12, 2015 – AOS Fee Paid

XXXXXXXX – IV Fee (Not yet Available, Waiting!!!)

May 16, 2015 – AOS & Other Documents Sent

May 18, 2015 – NVC Received our Documents ( 30 Days for Review)

June 07, 2015 – Received IV Fee Invoice

June 15, 2015 - IV Fee Paid

June 19, 2015- NVC Received IV Fee

July 04, 2015- Completed DS 260

Aug 07, 2015- Case Completed

Aug 18, 2015- Medical at SLEC Passed:)

Sept 22, 2015- Interview (Approved:)

Sept 26, 2015- Visa Received

Sept 27, 2015- POE (Atlanta)

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

21 minutes ago, Sherryll T. said:

So my Mom got refused for B2 visa at USEM. Now, we are are planning to just go to the Philippines next year

(June 2020) to let her try again. My question is, Can we go inside as well for her interview? (Me and Hubby).

•  

You can try. Embassies are usually really strict about who enters. Usually, non applicants are allowed. Besides, your presence won't make a difference if your mother's circumstances haven't changed. Was this a new attempt since June that she got denied for?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is there not somewhere you can wait outside, do not know about Manila but they tend not to be fun places.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You *may* be allowed inside the building, but you'll likely not be allowed to sit with her during the interview itself, if that's what you were hoping.

Your presence there won't make any difference either way....she's approved or denied on her own merits.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

It’s going to look extremely desperate for you to travel halfway across the world to try attend a tourist visa interview with your mom. What do you hope to say to change the CO’s mind? You can’t guarantee that she will leave the US again, which is what they will need to be convinced of.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your time would be better spent helping your mother bolster her case for having adequate ties to the Phils. that she will return home after her visit.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

13 hours ago, Sherryll T. said:

•  

USEM is so unpredictable on Tourist Visa for parents. From what I have seen the usually approve tourist visa for parents. Did they give any reason they denied the tourist visa?

I took a guy to PI back in 2011 he ended up marrying a girl and they just had the first child last year, I was at a party last month and the father whom is 59 and a rice farmer from Davao City was at the party , he had been approved for a tourist visa and was staying for 6 months taking care of the baby while the husband and wife worked.

ChickBoy

3 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

USEM is so unpredictable on Tourist Visa for parents. From what I have seen the usually approve tourist visa for parents. Did they give any reason they denied the tourist visa?

I took a guy to PI back in 2011 he ended up marrying a girl and they just had the first child last year, I was at a party last month and the father whom is 59 and a rice farmer from Davao City was at the party , he had been approved for a tourist visa and was staying for 6 months taking care of the baby while the husband and wife worked.

Well,  Mom said the the questions are pretty easy. Just her name, what state, & when is she coming. Didn’t even look at her documents. But at the end the CO said "sorry you are not qualified for the visa" so I have no idea. :(

USCIS:

NVC:

5 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Which is considered working and not permitted. This is the reason some parents get denied. Babysitted is considered working. That father is adding to the problem of making it difficult for others.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

13 hours ago, Unlockable said:

You can try. Embassies are usually really strict about who enters. Usually, non applicants are allowed. Besides, your presence won't make a difference if your mother's circumstances haven't changed. Was this a new attempt since June that she got denied for?

Yes, it was her first. Now, its kinda hard for me to convince her again. She told me this morning when I talked to her that she’s not interested in coming anymore.  So, maybe we will just visit her next year.

USCIS:

NVC:

3 minutes ago, Sherryll T. said:

Well,  Mom said the the questions are pretty easy. Just her name, what state, & when is she coming. Didn’t even look at her documents. But at the end the CO said "sorry you are not qualified for the visa" so I have no idea. :(

Yep. Just like we predicted. We mentioned in the other thread of yours that applicants bring letters of invitation and "sponsorship" papers to the interview and the officer don't even look at anything.

This is why we saying that going there will make even less of a difference. Most visitor visa interviews last a few minutes. But it is ultimately your decision.

9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s going to look extremely desperate for you to travel halfway across the world to try attend a tourist visa interview with your mom. What do you hope to say to change the CO’s mind? You can’t guarantee that she will leave the US again, which is what they will need to be convinced of.

Ofcourse, I wouldn’t travel halfway across the world just to attend her interview. It would be a great time to spend with family as well. I was just thinking that I can atleast go with her to show our support maybe that way she wouldn’t be so nervous or something;)

USCIS:

NVC:

3 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Yep. Just like we predicted. We mentioned in the other thread of yours that applicants bring letters of invitation and "sponsorship" papers to the interview and the officer don't even look at anything.

This is why we saying that going there will make even less of a difference. Most visitor visa interviews last a few minutes. But it is ultimately your decision.

Thanks! Probably will just visit them next year, coz she wouldn’t try one more time. Maybe disappointed which I understand. 

USCIS:

NVC:

Maybe she will have a change of heart next year and try one more time. And who knows, she may get approved next time. 

Best of luck to you

Just now, Unlockable said:

Maybe she will have a change of heart next year and try one more time. And who knows, she may get approved next time. 

Best of luck to you

I hope so! Thank you;)

12 hours ago, Going through said:

You *may* be allowed inside the building, but you'll likely not be allowed to sit with her during the interview itself, if that's what you were hoping.

Your presence there won't make any difference either way....she's approved or denied on her own merits.

I see! Thank you!

USCIS:

NVC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.