2,997 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Everyone! Please correct me if I’m wrong, but there is no fee in renewing an EAD/AP combo card, right? This is going to be my second renewal, the first one I didn’t have to pay with anything. Now for renewing my 2nd one, which will expire on March 2020, my lawyer is charging me $925. 

@MGJ_NY There is no USCIS fee to renew, only if your attorney is charging you to send in eh paperwork. Some of these attorneys are just something else 😞

45 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Everyone! Please correct me if I’m wrong, but there is no fee in renewing an EAD/AP combo card, right? This is going to be my second renewal, the first one I didn’t have to pay with anything. Now for renewing my 2nd one, which will expire on March 2020, my lawyer is charging me $925. 

He probably trying to pull a fast one on you...I ain't never paid for any renewal ever! 

50 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

If I may add; $925 is incredibly insane if we're basing or attributing it to fees for "sending in paperwork" that attorney is a cooperate thief! Unfortunately they use these VAWA cases as their side gigs that fetches them money outside their normal/usual jurisdiction!😏

20 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If I may add; $925 is incredibly insane if we're basing or attributing it to fees for "sending in paperwork" that attorney is a cooperate thief! Unfortunately they use these VAWA cases as their side gigs that fetches them money outside their normal/usual jurisdiction!😏

I know! They’re just taking advantage of the people who have already been through enough. 😫 I filed my I360 on Sept 2018. I’m thinking of just waiting for my C31 EAD. Hopefully it comEs before March 2020. I don’t know 😞 Any thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Anywhere from 2-8weeks..although I received mine within 2weeks! If your husband wants the divorce as much as you...it makes things easy! All he has to do is sign...except he wants to start trouble and complicate things...but I've read countless times you can do it all by yourself...I haven't gone through it yet..so may not be able to elaborate on it.😊👍

Ok.

I understand. But I doubt he’s going to sign it based on abuse.

3 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

I know! They’re just taking advantage of the people who have already been through enough. 😫 I filed my I360 on Sept 2018. I’m thinking of just waiting for my C31 EAD. Hopefully it comEs before March 2020. I don’t know 😞 Any thoughts? 

I've seen people go around their attorneys and filed the petition themselves...tell your attorney you can't afford that much at this time and that you'd like to file it yourself..probably much better than waiting for the C31 EAD you don't know when exactly it would be approved! Give it a go..ain't no harm in trying!💁

8 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

Ok.

I understand. But I doubt he’s going to sign it based on abuse.

Your divorce doesn't have to be based on abuse if that's your worry! There are tons of reasons..but the most popular is 'irreconcilable differences' there's also 'no fault' reason...these are the technicalities a trained attorney helps us sail through...you can start by reading/researching on it..to arm/equip yourself with the knowledge and requirements to follow through!👍

14 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I've seen people go around their attorneys and filed the petition themselves...tell your attorney you can't afford that much at this time and that you'd like to file it yourself..probably much better than waiting for the C31 EAD you don't know when exactly it would be approved! Give it a go..ain't no harm in trying!💁

That’s a better idea! I’ll give it a try and I’ll you know how it goes. Thanks so much! You’re the best! ☺️😊😊😊☺️

17 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Your divorce doesn't have to be based on abuse if that's your worry! There are tons of reasons..but the most popular is 'irreconcilable differences' there's also 'no fault' reason...these are the technicalities a trained attorney helps us sail through...you can start by reading/researching on it..to arm/equip yourself with the knowledge and requirements to follow through!👍

Thank you hon

2 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

Thank you hon

You can inform yourself online, or go to the County Circuit Court and they usually have people volunteering to help you fill up the forms and explain the process. They will recommend the right petition for you. If there are no kids involved and no other assets to share than it’s easy. Each state/county have different laws and processes but usually the first step is to file the petition for dissolution of marriage. And from there on they’ll tell you what you need. Good luck with all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.