Dashinka

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmmm...

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

By John Solomon, Opinion Contributor — 09/23/19 06:30 PM EDT

Nazar Kholodnytsky, Ukraine’s chief anti-corruption prosecutor, told me that, soon after he returned from the Washington meeting, he saw evidence in Ukraine of political meddling in the U.S. election. That's when two top Ukrainian officials released secret evidence to the American media, smearing Manafort. 

The release of the evidence forced Manafort to step down as Trump’s top campaign adviser. A Ukrainian court concluded last December that the release of the evidence amounted to an unlawful intervention in the U.S. election by Kiev’s government, although that ruling has since been overturned on a technicality.

Shortly after the Ukrainian prosecutors returned from their Washington meeting, a new round of Democratic pressure was exerted on Ukraine — this time via its embassy in Washington.

Valeriy Chaly, the Ukrainian ambassador to the United States at the time, confirmed to me in a statement issued by his office that, in March 2016, a contractor for the Democratic National Committee (DNC) pressed his embassy to try to find any Russian dirt on Trump and Manafort that might reside in Ukraine’s intelligence files.

The DNC contractor also asked Chaly's team to try to persuade Ukraine’s president at the time, Petro Poroshenko, to make a statement disparaging Manafort when the Ukrainian leader visited the United States during the 2016 election.  

Chaly said his embassy rebuffed both requests because it recognized they were improper efforts to get a foreign government to try to influence the election against Trump and for Hillary Clinton.

The political pressure continued. Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in crucial U.S. aid to Kiev if Poroshenko did not fire the country’s chief prosecutor. Ukraine would have been bankrupted without the aid, so Poroshenko obliged on March 29, 2016, and fired Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.

At the time, Biden was aware that Shokin’s office was investigating Burisma, the firm employing Hunter Biden, after a December 2015 New York Times article.

What wasn’t known at the time, Shokin told me recently, was that Ukrainian prosecutors were preparing a request to interview Hunter Biden about his activities and the monies he was receiving from Ukraine. If such an interview became public during the middle of the 2016 election, it could have had enormous negative implications for Democrats.

Which raises a question: Could it be the Ukraine tale currently being weaved by Democrats and their allies in the media is nothing more than a smoke screen designed to distract us from the forthcoming Justice Department inspector general report into abuses during the Democratic-inspired Russia collusion probe?

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/462658-lets-get-real-democrats-were-first-to-enlist-ukraine-in-us-elections

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/436816-joe-bidens-2020-ukrainian-nightmare-a-closed-probe-is-revived

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/436816-joe-bidens-2020-ukrainian-nightmare-a-closed-probe-is-revived

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/441892-ukrainian-embassy-confirms-dnc-contractor-solicited-trump-dirt-in-2016

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

I think we'd be surprised at the number of US politicians who have messed around in Ukraine. McCain, Biden, Obama. The list goes on and it has been like this for years. There has been a lot invested in pulling Ukraine between the west and Russia. There have also been a lot of corrupt politicians in Ukraine who are ready to play for pay. This could be a nothing burger, or it could take down a whole lot of people. I'd guess there is something there, but with so many people tied in, hard to see how it won't all just get washed away.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

33 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I think we'd be surprised at the number of US politicians who have messed around in Ukraine. McCain, Biden, Obama. The list goes on and it has been like this for years. There has been a lot invested in pulling Ukraine between the west and Russia. There have also been a lot of corrupt politicians in Ukraine who are ready to play for pay. This could be a nothing burger, or it could take down a whole lot of people. I'd guess there is something there, but with so many people tied in, hard to see how it won't all just get washed away.

I honestly wonder if Warren didnt stir it up to sink Biden. This has to hurt him 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure how true this is but I did read that she who is Irrelevant used Ukraine to keep Uncle Jo on the sidelines in 2016.

Isn't this fun and over a year to go, wonder who will be the last one standing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline

Any time the Democrats accuse somebody of something, just remember that they always accuse based on what they themselves are guilty of.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Yeah who can forget about McCain cavorting with Neo Nazis in the Ukraine and was a huge reason Russia took Crimea back. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I realize that I rail against the idiot Democrats and their mouthpieces in the mainstream media, but why has no one in those circles brought up Crowdstrike, Biden's actual quid pro quo, or the actions of the Democrat senators and reps with respect to the Ukraine?  Occasionally, I hear someone question Biden's actions with the leaders of the Ukraine where he threatened them in person (bragging about it with his globalist buddies later) and I hear it said that everyone wanted that person out so we should ignore it.  That is immaterial to the argument as Joe had a huge conflict of interest in pressuring a foreign leader which would lead to pressure being removed from his son.

:bonk:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!