ahqs90

221G + additional joint sponsor!

20 posts in this topic

Hi 

my wife had her interview and their requesting an additional joint sponsor even though my father (joint sponsor) makes well over the minimum. 

i started working this month after graduating school (hence no taxes filed and need for joint sponsor) and after the 221G uploaded my paycheck along with an offer of employment from my employer. 

i also updated the 864A for my father to include the 3 properties he also owns. 

the only other person i can add to as a joint sponsor is my brother who currently makes 25k and lives in the same household. 

is all that enough? I’m really surprised that even though my father makes well over the minimum and i just started working, they want additional joint sponsor.  I also will contact my congress rep to help hopefully since it seems like AP can vary greatly. 

1 hour ago, ahqs90 said:

Hi 

my wife had her interview and their requesting an additional joint sponsor even though my father (joint sponsor) makes well over the minimum. 

i started working this month after graduating school (hence no taxes filed and need for joint sponsor) and after the 221G uploaded my paycheck along with an offer of employment from my employer. 

the only other person i can add to as a joint sponsor is my brother who currently makes 25k and lives in the same household. 

is all that enough? I’m really surprised that even though my father makes well over the minimum and i just started working, they want additional joint sponsor.  I also will contact my congress rep to help hopefully since it seems like AP can vary greatly. 

The congressional rep cannot influence the CO’s discretionary decision about your public charge risk and needing a joint sponsor.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, ahqs90 said:

Hi 

same happened to me my current joint sponsor make 70000 a year and they requested additional one so i had to send a second joint sponsor via aramex, cause there is no option to add second joint sponsor on CEAC ....wishing you the best.

Edited by abdo1

17 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

same happened to me my current joint sponsor make 70000 a year and they requested additional one so i had to send a second joint sponsor via aramex, cause there is no option to add second joint sponsor on CEAC ....wishing you the best.

hi what is aramex? I was going to call the NVC about uploading that. 

id you don’t mind me asking. Who did you use as an additional joint and their income? And how long till approval after submitting that? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Please provide the actual wording of the request.  There can only be ONE joint sponsor in a spouse visa case.  Words and terms have specific meaning here.  Don't give us your interpretation.  Give us the actual words.  Makes no sense for them to request an "Additional Joint Sponsor".  No such thing in a spouse case.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi,

sorry about all the confusion, he is a household member making over 75k+, he initially was a joint sponsor but NVC had me change it since we live in the same household. I had proved that he is household member and a resident in NVC stage with my BC, addresses, passport, mortgage bills 

but on the 221g it says "evidence of economic solvency" with taxes for most recent year and 864 requested for 'joint sponsor'

so im really lost on what to do?

my father makes well over the federal poverty level, I started working this month and will make well over poverty level. 

there is no option to add a joint sponsor on CEAC can only add additional documents to my father and I. 

I was thinking maybe he saw my 2017 864a for my father with lower income but on NVC it shows the most up to date one that I had completed 2018 with his 2018 taxes that my wife brought to her interview. 

also how do I check the status of 221g and get information about how to send documents? the only intructions on 221g indicated to go to CEAC to upload documents which I can't add a joint sponsor. 

4 hours ago, LilyJ said:

You said your dad filled out I864a? Maybe that's the problem, if you had him fill out I864a (household member of sponsor) instead of I864. Because if he filled out I864a, and not I864, then he wouldn't be a joint sponsor, he would be a household member of sponsor (you), combining income. Did you also include his tax transcripts and proof of US citizenship/LPR status? If he's married, did you have his spouse fill out I864a combining income with his? Did you include W2s and/or proof of current income?

Edit: My mistake, just realized it was the OP who stated the joint sponsor filled out I864a, not you; regardless, if the other things stated were not submitted that could have caused the problem

sorry its an 864a household member but the 221g indicates joint sponsor with tax for most recent year of joint sponsor, 

I had included my BC which was accepted and my fathers 2018 taxes that my wife brought with her. his wife/my mom doesnt work. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ahqs90 said:

but on the 221g it says "evidence of economic solvency" with taxes for most recent year and 864 requested for 'joint sponsor'

Did you include yours and your father's tax transcripts/W2s/pay stubs/any other relevant proof of income?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

4 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Did you include yours and your father's tax transcripts/W2s/pay stubs/any other relevant proof of income?

Yes his tax transcripts for 3 years, and his K1 (he is self employed as a business owner) 

I got off the phone with NVC and they said they are specifically requesting a joint sponsor because we dont meet the income guidelines, which is weird if my father makes well over 125% of federal poverty. And they said to contact embassy directly to sort it out. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, ahqs90 said:

Hi,

sorry about all the confusion, he is a household member making over 75k+, he initially was a joint sponsor but NVC had me change it since we live in the same household. I had proved that he is household member and a resident in NVC stage with my BC, addresses, passport, mortgage bills 

so im really lost on what to do?

my father makes well over the federal poverty level, I started working this month and will make well over poverty level. 

there is no option to add a joint sponsor on CEAC can only add additional documents to my father and I. 

I was thinking maybe he saw my 2017 864a for my father with lower income but on NVC it shows the most up to date one that I had completed 2018 with his 2018 taxes that my wife brought to her interview. 

also how do I check the status of 221g and get information about how to send documents? the only intructions on 221g indicated to go to CEAC to upload documents which I can't add a joint sponsor. 

NVC makes mistakes.  They did this time.  Your father should always have been the joint sponsor, because he qualifies on his own.  He does not need to combine income with you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline
On 9/22/2019 at 9:32 PM, ahqs90 said:

Hi 

Aww hope all goes well, and you CAN have 2 joint sponsors. We had 2 joint sponsors because my wife doesn’t work and we just wanted to make sure we had it just incase 1 sponsor wasn’t enough. We had our interview  and there some questions about our relation to both sponsors and the usual questions and that was it just waited about a week and got our visa. Hopefully you guys get yours soon too😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, TF685 said:

Aww hope all goes well, and you CAN have 2 joint sponsors. We had 2 joint sponsors because my wife doesn’t work and we just wanted to make sure we had it just incase 1 sponsor wasn’t enough. We had our interview  and there some questions about our relation to both sponsors and the usual questions and that was it just waited about a week and got our visa. Hopefully you guys get yours soon too😊

NO! NO! NO!  A spouse of a US Citizen cannot have two joint sponsors.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

NO! NO! NO!  A spouse of a US Citizen cannot have two joint sponsors.

I had 2 joint sponsors. My wife. Plus 2 joint sponsors. Total of 3 i864s and supporting documents. No one said anything about it and everything went smoothly

1 hour ago, TF685 said:

Yes my wife the primary and 2 added sponsors , which were my Father in-law and a family friend. So No I don’t think that’s a problem. That’s what I ticked for my 2nd joint sponsor. Everyone is saying the opposite but I am saying from my own paperwork and experience, that is what was done and everything worked out and there were no issues. 

On what basis did having more than 1 help? As noted, they cannot combine incomes or assets. All it could do was lock more people into a potentially lifelong commitment for no reason.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.