LivFavor

Texas AOS Fillers 2019

116 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, Texas stylist said:

February 2019 filer here and our interview is next week! Wish us luck! Oh I’m in Houston btw! 

How did your interview go? 

Timeline

Houston June 2019 filer here.My status just changed an hour ago. I should get a mail with the scheduled date soon. I’d say this came sooner than I expected considering how slow Houston applications have been lately.

Good luck everyone!

14ACB5AD-15E1-4F29-936B-F7479DD6BD6E.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello all, 

Filed for AOS/AP/EAD 4/21/19. On 12/11/19, got our notice of interview scheduled for 1/15/20 in Dallas. We were approved! Interviewer was super nice and professional. She verified the personal info on the 485, then asked all of the yes/no questions. She looked at our pictures and asked me to pick 5 for her to keep, and said "it's already approved, but if you want, you can give proofs of relationship". We gave copies of joint car/health insurance, and copies of my 401k showing my husband as beneficiary. Two hours later, case status changed to "we've ordered your new card". We had made copies of his passport, SS card, driver's license, and EAD/AP, and she seemed to really appreciate that. It honestly was a very pleasant experience! 

10 hours ago, jay9475 said:

Hello all, 

Filed for AOS/AP/EAD 4/21/19. On 12/11/19, got our notice of interview scheduled for 1/15/20 in Dallas. We were approved! Interviewer was super nice and professional. She verified the personal info on the 485, then asked all of the yes/no questions. She looked at our pictures and asked me to pick 5 for her to keep, and said "it's already approved, but if you want, you can give proofs of relationship". We gave copies of joint car/health insurance, and copies of my 401k showing my husband as beneficiary. Two hours later, case status changed to "we've ordered your new card". We had made copies of his passport, SS card, driver's license, and EAD/AP, and she seemed to really appreciate that. It honestly was a very pleasant experience! 

Wow awesome. Congrats.

Did she ask you guys for Medical Report (i-693)? Or did you guys submit the Medical Report (i-693) in the original Adjustment of Status Application?

Timeline
On 12/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Is the location of the interview in Irving? That's the Dallas office according to USCIS and the address. At any rate your interview is less  than a year that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, LivFavor said:

Wow awesome. Congrats.

Did she ask you guys for Medical Report (i-693)? Or did you guys submit the Medical Report (i-693) in the original Adjustment of Status Application?

Yep, it's the office in Irving. 

She asked about the medical, but I told her that he had his medical done during the K-1 process. She looked through the packet, and saw it, so she said that was fine since it was less than a year old at the time of submission. 

Timeline
On 1/19/2020 at 9:51 PM, jay9475 said:

Hello all, 

Congrats 🥳.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I sent my AOS/EAD/AP on December 19th and received my receipt numbers at about 11:30pm last night with PD of December 23rd.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it’s taking to get biometrics appointments in Dallas these days? :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/20/2020 at 8:15 AM, LivFavor said:

Wow awesome. Congrats.

Same concern here. I am confused. Do I need to provide new medical report? I only submitted the vaccination record DS-3025 during AOS application. My interview is on Feb. 19, 2020. I did my medical last year for K1 Visa Feb.15, 2019. It will be expired by the time of my interview. Is there gonna be a problem? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, tildephoebic said:

Same concern here. I am confused. Do I need to provide new medical report? I only submitted the vaccination record DS-3025 during AOS application. My interview is on Feb. 19, 2020. I did my medical last year for K1 Visa Feb.15, 2019. It will be expired by the time of my interview. Is there gonna be a problem? 

Hey there,

Your question comes up a lot and I've noticed that it's also one of many highly contested topic. 

So here is my 2 cents.

I try to objectively provide the best information/opinion I can based on "my" experiences without discounting other's opinions. The problem is, there's select few people on here that can't have a healthy discussion without interjecting their thoughts as gospel. They obviously enjoy arguing with you if your opinion differs from theirs and more often than not become aggressive.

Take a look at a thread on this very topic that I responded to and decide for yourself whether or not you feel it's necessary to go through another medical. 

I want to stress that what I say is by no means the correct and only way to go about it. It is by far the most conservative route and would help minimize any potential hiccups that could further delay one's case but it's up to each person to take all options and decide what's best for them in their given situation and what risks they are willing to take. 

Hope this helps and if you have any specific questions I'll be more than happy to help. 

Good luck!

Edited by Alekezam

Timeline
13 hours ago, tildephoebic said:

You should be good to go, since your AOS was submitted within a year of the time of the medical. We offered a copy of the DS-3025, but she said she had a copy in the packet, and didn't need it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jay9475 said:

You should be good to go, since your AOS was submitted within a year of the time of the medical. We offered a copy of the DS-3025, but she said she had a copy in the packet, and didn't need it. 

Thanks for the help!! 

On 1/22/2020 at 12:29 PM, jay9475 said:

Please how long did the entire process take? I mean how long from when you got to the building till when you left the building?

Timeline
7 hours ago, LivFavor said:

Please how long did the entire process take? I mean how long from when you got to the building till when you left the building?

Appointment time was 12:05, arrived at 11:45. Was out the door right before 1pm.

Timeline
On 1/21/2020 at 10:33 PM, tildephoebic said:

If you did your K-1 medical on the 15th February, 2019 and your interview is on 19th February, 2020 when all your docs (very importantly, your medical) will be reviewed by a USCIS officer; your Medical itself is more than a year regardless of when you applied for your AOS. If you can afford a new medical, just do it like @Alekezam suggested.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.