LivFavor

Texas AOS Fillers 2019

116 posts in this topic

Hi Texas residents,

I noticed many filers from some States get scheduled pretty fast. Texas seem to be pretty slow. I also don't seem to see comments from Texas filers, especially those who filed this year. So I decided to create this thread so we can all talk about our experiences, frustrations and successes.

Here are a few stats for Texas filers. There are five (5) field offices in Texas (El Paso, Harlingen, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston). I arranged them in the order of processing time with El Paso having the fastest processing time and Houston having the least. Currently there are 17,256 pending cases with Houston and they only process an average of 1730 cases per month and they receive 1130 cases per month (do the math). 

I and my hubby are with Dallas Field Office which is almost as slow as Houston. 

The wait continues.

I'm pretty new to the AOS process just filed but I'm  in Texas and I assume Dallas to be the field office too.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

54 minutes ago, LivFavor said:

Hope you filed for EAD and AP as well?

Yes of course I did!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

San Antonio here. only thing I have heard is there is a certain woman interviewer there who is someone you want to avoid because she is needlessly cruel and unprofessional

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

2 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

San Antonio here. only thing I have heard is there is a certain woman interviewer there who is someone you want to avoid because she is needlessly cruel and unprofessional

We had one like that in Manila during our  K1 interview.

Citizenship Complete!

10 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes of course I did!

Awesome. 

My hubby did too and it has been approved. So he can work and travel out of the country while we wait for the interview.

The EAD and AP application timeline is the same for every filer regardless of the person's residence. That's a consolation for we Texas filers.

10 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

Really? Wow! I hope we don't have someone like her here in Dallas.

48 minutes ago, LivFavor said:

Awesome. 

My hubby did too and it has been approved. So he can work and travel out of the country while we wait for the interview.

The EAD and AP application timeline is the same for every filer regardless of the person's residence. That's a consolation for we Texas filers.

Really how did you  find that out?

Citizenship Complete!

49 minutes ago, LivFavor said:

Really? Wow! I hope we don't have someone like her here in Dallas.

Me too that's not cool!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Houston Office here. 

2019:

AOS/EAD/AP filed on 1/14

EAD/AP approved 5/1 and card received on 5/9

AOS Bio Appt. 2/11

Changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" on 3/27

We have not received anything since then. On occasion we were receiving the standard email stating that they are still reviewing our case with no updates at this time. The last time we received one of those was back in April since then it's been radio silent. 

If anyone has any recently used their AP to travel abroad I'd appreciate you sharing your experiences. People as of late don't seem to bring this topic up much. There have been people who have shared in the past but that was mostly pre-Trump. 

We want to take a trip to visit my wife's family in Ukraine as well as mine in Indonesia but are a little hesitant even with the AP so it'd be a little more comforting to hear some success stories. 

If an interview is going to take upwards of 2 years to get scheduled then geez...I'm going to go stir crazy not being able to travel abroad....

Whatever happened to the idea of conducting interviews in other cities that have less backlog??  We will gladly go anywhere if that's what it takes to get our interview sooner...

1 hour ago, Alekezam said:

Houston Office here. 

2019:

AOS/EAD/AP filed on 1/14

EAD/AP approved 5/1 and card received on 5/9

AOS Bio Appt. 2/11

Changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" on 3/27

We have not received anything since then. On occasion we were receiving the standard email stating that they are still reviewing our case with no updates at this time. The last time we received one of those was back in April since then it's been radio silent. 

If anyone has any recently used their AP to travel abroad I'd appreciate you sharing your experiences. People as of late don't seem to bring this topic up much. There have been people who have shared in the past but that was mostly pre-Trump. 

We want to take a trip to visit my wife's family in Ukraine as well as mine in Indonesia but are a little hesitant even with the AP so it'd be a little more comforting to hear some success stories. 

If an interview is going to take upwards of 2 years to get scheduled then geez...I'm going to go stir crazy not being able to travel abroad....

Whatever happened to the idea of conducting interviews in other cities that have less backlog??  We will gladly go anywhere if that's what it takes to get our interview sooner...

I agree I'm expecting  1 year plus for our AOS too

Citizenship Complete!

3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Really how did you  find that out?

The timeline for EAD and AP are the same for everyone. This is because it is being processed in the same office...The National Benefit Centre (NBC). 

1 hour ago, LivFavor said:

The timeline for EAD and AP are the same for everyone. This is because it is being processed in the same office...The National Benefit Centre (NBC). 

Ahhh ok cool thanks!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys, 

As you're looking for a little information - I actually filed in October of last year with Dallas my field office as well. Took me until May to receive my EAD/AP but I believe the processing times are a lot faster right now, so hopefully no-one is really waiting 7-9 months, however there was a case from someone who filed last October whom only received their EAD/AP approval after 341 days.... which is crazy. Anyway, I also then received my 'Your Interview has been Scheduled' message in August and just last week Monday (09/16) had my interview. Received my Green Card a week after that - so there seems to be some hope in the GC interviews being within the year. 

Hope this helps some - also Dallas LFO pretty awesome, they're very well organised and as long as you're organised they definitely are easy going. I'd also suggest adding at least 30mins - 1hr to travel times because the roads around the LFO can get very congested in the mornings and if an accident happens you're most likely to get stuck in stand still traffic that can take an extremely long time to clear.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.