AlexDRavn92

APPROVED CASE GETS STUCK at USCIS. THEN WE RECEIVE THIS RESPONSE TO OUR SERVICE REQUEST. PLEASE HELP US INTERPRET IT.

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

Just received a call back from USCIS (at 8:10pm 😒, 6 hours after I called USCIS). The officer was able to see that there were two pending service requests for the case (one by NVC, and one by the tier 1 USCIS officer). She told me that the deadline to receive a reply is in 2 weeks, and to call tier 2 back if I don't hear anything by the end of August 😡

Hi,

That is really inconvenient. When did you put those service requests? We put one through NVC website and when my husband talked to a tier-1 rep on August 8. I wonder if OP ever did put any service requests prior to his wife reaching tier-2 on the phone.

They will also probably tell us to wait for a month,  until September 8 or something before they bother to take action. This is really frustrating, unnecessary and definitely a rip off in terms of quality of service esp considering what they charge. Just like ISSS at campuses, they are  uncooperative,  using labyrintine bureaucratic  processes against you with little to no accountability and drag their feet to help you. Feels like  Kafka 's Trial already. 

Try not to stress out too much, I constantly remind myself that, too. At least we are on the right track.

I will also update after my husband manages to talk to a tier-2. Let's keep each other posted. 

Edited by lady3jane

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

When Hubris calls, now you know who answers. 

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC Received Case : 10/02/2019  ( 139 DAYS 💀 )

NVC Case Number Created: 10/31/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

AOS  completed: 11/17/2019

IV  completed: 11/24/2019

DQ:  01/03/2020

Interview Date: 02/25/2020

Issued: 02/27/2020

Visa at Hand: 03/02/2020

Entered the country : 03/19/2020

NOT received GC  💀 120 day period is over -  

USCIS Status stuck at Immigration Fee Received 
First Inquiry by phone: 7/29/2020 —  30 day wait for response. 
Filed for  Change of Address form online : 8/27/20

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.
Status changed to “Card is being Produced” : 9/4/20

”Card was Mailed to Me” : 9/11/20

Received PRC on 9/16/20 in new address

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

B0E5D3F3-5AF8-403D-BFFC-B81F425178AF.jpeg

Timeline

Update:

Now our  case  is assigned to an officer for response    before my husband get out of work and could call  them, according to the info  at our USCIS account.

I guess we will wait a little to see what comes out of it.

I will update once I find out more.

Good luck to you, all, too.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Timeline
On 8/16/2019 at 12:49 PM, lady3jane said:

Update:

Now our  case  is assigned to an officer for response    before my husband get out of work and could call  them, according to the info  at our USCIS account.

I guess we will wait a little to see what comes out of it.

I will update once I find out more.

Good luck to you, all, too.

Any updates? Both of our service requests (thru NVS and T2 USCIS) are still not assigned to processing. And I just read somewhere that all USCIS has to do is acknowledge the request within 30 days, they can take whatever time they need to actually solve the problem ...  I'm going to give NVC another call today to see if they received anything. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

Any updates? Both of our service requests (thru NVS and T2 USCIS) are still not assigned to processing. And I just read somewhere that all USCIS has to do is acknowledge the request within 30 days, they can take whatever time they need to actually solve the problem ...  I'm going to give NVC another call today to see if they received anything. 

Hi,

Not much of an update, but on August 16th, our  tier-1 service request was assigned to an officer for response, then on August22nd, which is yesterday, previous information was deleted and it said "On August 22, 2019, your Other - Tier 1, referral number xxxxxxxxxxx, was assigned to an officer for response", AGAIN.  I have no idea what any of that entails. Very frustrating. yeah, i guess they can do whatever they want. So we were told to give them a month befoe calling again. So we are planning to call USCIS again on Sept 8th if it isn't resolved by then and would try to get through a tier-2 officer. 

I was planning to do the same. Best luck. There are other people in our situation, so I am thinking this is not just our luck. 

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Timeline
42 minutes ago, lady3jane said:

Hi,

Not much of an update, but on August 16th, our  tier-1 service request was assigned to an officer for response, then on August22nd, which is yesterday, previous information was deleted and it said "On August 22, 2019, your Other - Tier 1, referral number xxxxxxxxxxx, was assigned to an officer for response", AGAIN.  I have no idea what any of that entails. Very frustrating. yeah, i guess they can do whatever they want. So we were told to give them a month befoe calling again. So we are planning to call USCIS again on Sept 8th if it isn't resolved by then and would try to get through a tier-2 officer. 

I was planning to do the same. Best luck. There are other people in our situation, so I am thinking this is not just our luck. 

Thanks for the update. I'm going to wait another 2 weeks before calling USCIS but I'll call NVC for the hell of it later today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

So we finally received some good news.

August 7th we actually received an update on our case that the USCIS finally sent our approved petition to the NVC.

(So I bet they never sent it in the first place, 90some days ago.)

My wife called the NVC yesterday, and on August 13th they actually received our case.

The supervisor also told us that we can already now send a request to expedite the case, because they received yet.

Timeline
On 8/27/2019 at 8:25 AM, AlexDRavn92 said:

August 7th we actually received an update on our case that the USCIS finally sent our approved petition to the NVC.

My wife called the NVC yesterday, and on August 13th they actually received our case.

The supervisor also told us that we can already now send a request to expedite the case, because they received yet.

How did you get them to reprint it ASAP? Both T2 officers I spoke to (as well as others) first put in a service request to the office that approved the petition

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, AlexDRavn92 said:

That's great news!

My first question is what update did you receive? Was that information in the case status or was it a letter sent to you?

How do you send a request to have your case expedited with the NVC?

Thanks!

Timeline
4 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

How did you get them to reprint it ASAP? Both T2 officers I spoke to (as well as others) first put in a service request to the office that approved the petition

We just called USCIS and asked them directly to reissue or recreate our case. And we spoke a supervisor, and she told us that she would reissue it, and it would take up to 10 days.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Casey_ said:

That's great news!

My first question is what update did you receive? Was that information in the case status or was it a letter sent to you?

How do you send a request to have your case expedited with the NVC?

Thanks!

So we received an email, where it said that there has been an update at the USCIS online account.

And when we logged on to the online account it said that they send our case 7th of august.

So then we called the NVC a couple of days ago, and the supervisor confirmed that they did receive it, and that it is waiting to be put in their system (get a case number).

But she did tell us, that we can already now send the expedite email, since she can see that NVC received it, so we just write our receipt number in the subject line.

We are requesting an expedite of our case, 1. because my wife is sick with a severe disease where she is technically considered handicapped and she does need my help daily, 2. financial hardship and 3. it says that you can apply for expedite if the case has been extremely delayed at the fault of USCIS.

We have no idea if it is going to be accepted, but it's at least worth a try. 

I'll keep you posted when i hear more.

Timeline

Just called NVC and they still have no record of our petition. Worst of all, this was the longest I ever had to wait to speak to an NVC rep (around an hour on hold, after 5 minutes of dialing).

I'm giving at until after Labor Day. After that I am using every moment of free time to demand that USCIS re-print the petition and will also contact my congressperson. 

Edited by RamonGomez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as requested by the poster.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I noticed we all applied for the same type of petition, the I-130.  Do you guys also have USCIS receipt numbers beginning with IOE? I received this email from NVCInquiry and I'm wondering if this is where the delay begins...:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Greetings from the Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC). We are contacting you regarding your recently approved immigrant visa petition. Based on your USCIS receipt number, your case benefited from a pilot electronic process for the I-130 petition. USCIS reviewed and approved your petition faster than average cases of this type as we develop the fully electronic transfer of data from USCIS to the Department of State.  We thank you for your patience while we continue to refine our process with these electronic petitions.

Timeline
On 9/3/2019 at 5:25 PM, S&S16 said:

I noticed we all applied for the same type of petition, the I-130.  Do you guys also have USCIS receipt numbers beginning with IOE? I received this email from NVCInquiry and I'm wondering if this is where the delay begins...:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Greetings from the Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC). We are contacting you regarding your recently approved immigrant visa petition. Based on your USCIS receipt number, your case benefited from a pilot electronic process for the I-130 petition. USCIS reviewed and approved your petition faster than average cases of this type as we develop the fully electronic transfer of data from USCIS to the Department of State.  We thank you for your patience while we continue to refine our process with these electronic petitions.

Ours start with LIN.

Timeline
On 9/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, S&S16 said:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Ours starts with SRC, meaning it was processed by the Texas center.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.