AlexDRavn92

APPROVED CASE GETS STUCK at USCIS. THEN WE RECEIVE THIS RESPONSE TO OUR SERVICE REQUEST. PLEASE HELP US INTERPRET IT.

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

AS i go deeper and deeper into VJ archives, I see the same story recurring and it was an epiphany.  Same fruitless calls, dead end service requests , same rudeness.  Same frustrations.  We are hardly the first people who ended up in this situation. Now I see why experienced people on this forum are amused and annoyed by people like us, they have been there. and saw countless went through the same torment. 

I filed with the ombudsman's office, btw. Will wait a bit, then contact our senator.  Really, these may take time but at least you can get results. 

I am curious whether these "service requests" tier-1s put work against us. Experienced members advise us to try to talk to a tier-2 person,  but to reach them is a challenge, convincing them to listen to you carefully or actually help you is another. There is a catch to maneuver this call center. even articulate people cannot always make progress. You probably have to use proper terms in a certain sequence, phrasing your question in a particular way. 

I am also curious if this last response we got  with plenty of  factual errors is a way to roadblock the senator's office to request the exact location of the file. I have no good faith left  about this part of the process anymore, they squandered it. Honestly, this feels more like text book psychological abuse  and your survival depends on anticipating the next move of a malignant sociopath. 

People answering questions here are not only giving solid advice but also often  fulfill the role of trauma counselors, no joke.   I hope they are getting financially compensated for their efforts.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

When Hubris calls, now you know who answers. 

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC Received Case : 10/02/2019  ( 139 DAYS 💀 )

NVC Case Number Created: 10/31/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

AOS  completed: 11/17/2019

IV  completed: 11/24/2019

DQ:  01/03/2020

Interview Date: 02/25/2020

Issued: 02/27/2020

Visa at Hand: 03/02/2020

Entered the country : 03/19/2020

NOT received GC  💀 120 day period is over -  

USCIS Status stuck at Immigration Fee Received 
First Inquiry by phone: 7/29/2020 —  30 day wait for response. 
Filed for  Change of Address form online : 8/27/20

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.
Status changed to “Card is being Produced” : 9/4/20

”Card was Mailed to Me” : 9/11/20

Received PRC on 9/16/20 in new address

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

B0E5D3F3-5AF8-403D-BFFC-B81F425178AF.jpeg

On 9/9/2019 at 2:09 AM, lady3jane said:

AS i go deeper and deeper into VJ archives, I see the same story recurring and it was an epiphany.  Same fruitless calls, dead end service requests , same rudeness.  Same frustrations.  We are hardly the first people who ended up in this situation. Now I see why experienced people on this forum are amused and annoyed by people like us, they have been there. and saw countless went through the same torment. 

I filed with the ombudsman's office, btw. Will wait a bit, then contact our senator.  Really, these may take time but at least you can get results. 

I am curious whether these "service requests" tier-1s put work against us. Experienced members advise us to try to talk to a tier-2 person,  but to reach them is a challenge, convincing them to listen to you carefully or actually help you is another. There is a catch to maneuver this call center. even articulate people cannot always make progress. You probably have to use proper terms in a certain sequence, phrasing your question in a particular way. 

I am also curious if this last response we got  with plenty of  factual errors is a way to roadblock the senator's office to request the exact location of the file. I have no good faith left  about this part of the process anymore, they squandered it. Honestly, this feels more like text book psychological abuse  and your survival depends on anticipating the next move of a malignant sociopath. 

People answering questions here are not only giving solid advice but also often  fulfill the role of trauma counselors, no joke.   I hope they are getting financially compensated for their efforts.

Kinda curious why you havent been reaching out to the senators and so forth before you 90 day even came. I cant find much threads with positive solution. Its like they just wait it out and magically uscis sends the case. I have 9 more days that USCIS should be responding to my senator. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Michael_194 said:

Kinda curious why you havent been reaching out to the senators and so forth before you 90 day even came. I cant find much threads with positive solution. Its like they just wait it out and magically uscis sends the case. I have 9 more days that USCIS should be responding to my senator. 

We did not before the 90 day period ended because we doubted the senator's office would help before case becomes officially  "taking longer than normal processing times". Then we wasted another good 20 days with the call center. Those service requests also triggered new grace periods. So we tried to do everything by the book and with patience and only got punished for it so far with further inaction. 

Yeah,  you are right, thank you for your advice, which is most accurate, btw. Their offices do help, multiple people reached out to me to suggest the same thing,  as long as they are well staffed about the immigration issue. Our congressman also turned out to be a garbage person so we had limited options. we  finally contacted our senator,  which required further coordinated attempts at even more red tape. Privacy release forms required both signatures, so the document had to be bounced back and forth between USA and Turkey,  it required a chain  of sign-print-scan-send-sign-scan-send. lol, you can't make this up.   But her office looks well staffed. I am hoping to see results this time. Even if they "lost the case" whatever that means and we have to restructure our petition, at least we will move forward. 

Will update as soon as I hear anything.  Good luck to you, too! 

For the unlucky future petitioner with the file missing:  Do not wait or believe USCIS will honor its own guidelines or rules, they won't, just reach out to your senator. 

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

1 hour ago, lady3jane said:

We did not before the 90 day period ended because we doubted the senator's office would help before case becomes officially  "taking longer than normal processing times". Then we wasted another good 20 days with the call center. Those service requests also triggered new grace periods. So we tried to do everything by the book and with patience and only got punished for it so far with further inaction. 

Yeah,  you are right, thank you for your advice, which is most accurate, btw. Their offices do help, multiple people reached out to me to suggest the same thing,  as long as they are well staffed about the immigration issue. Our congressman also turned out to be a garbage person so we had limited options. we  finally contacted our senator,  which required further coordinated attempts at even more red tape. Privacy release forms required both signatures, so the document had to be bounced back and forth between USA and Turkey,  it required a chain  of sign-print-scan-send-sign-scan-send. lol, you can't make this up.   But her office looks well staffed. I am hoping to see results this time. Even if they "lost the case" whatever that means and we have to restructure our petition, at least we will move forward. 

Will update as soon as I hear anything.  Good luck to you, too! 

For the unlucky future petitioner with the file missing:  Do not wait or believe USCIS will honor its own guidelines or rules, they won't, just reach out to your senator. 

It is so frustrating i check the case status so much now its not even funny. I get irritated and so much more. 

I work alot and still find time to check alot LOLOl. 

I think im at the mark now to know that USCIS wont send the case without outreach. Week 11 and coming to an end. 

I at least figured 8 weeks after but wow

On 9/7/2019 at 8:25 AM, lady3jane said:

Haha, no, I meant losing your( figuratively)  composure and getting into a verbal altercation with people on the phone. 

Please, do. Will do the same. I hope things move forward for us all who got stuck in this limbo.

My case was sent yesterday September 11th. I dont really have any idea what made it move since non of my inquiries by congress or senator has made their way to being replied to by USCIS as yet. 

I should feel excited. But i am not.

Good luck on your journey and i hope the transfer of yours comes swiftly 

Timeline
Just now, Michael_194 said:

My case was sent yesterday September 11th. I dont really have any idea what made it move since non of my inquiries by congress or senator has made their way to being replied to by USCIS as yet. 

I should feel excited. But i am not.

Good luck on your journey and i hope the transfer of yours comes swiftly 

Most excellent news, thank you, I called NVC yesterday, still no dice.  I will update as soon as there is any progress.

I know what you mean, we feel pretty beat ourselves. We started calling NVC and USCIS since 11th of July.  It should never be this difficult. 

I am really glad we didn't do AOS,  any glitch in the system would have more serious consequences. 

Best luck for the rest of yours as well and thanks for updating.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Timeline

I called NVC today and MIRACULOUSLY  they received our I130 petition last week, pretty much 4 months to the day after the approval date. Don't know if it was the congressional inquiry, the multiple service requests, NVCResearch, or just pure luck and the field office finally got around to mailing it.  The NVC rep told me I can send NVC an expedite request as well due to the 2+ month delay to get my number sooner. What a relief. The last two months have been super stressful for us. 

On 9/12/2019 at 2:58 PM, RamonGomez said:

I called NVC today and MIRACULOUSLY  they received our I130 petition last week, pretty much 4 months to the day after the approval date. Don't know if it was the congressional inquiry, the multiple service requests, NVCResearch, or just pure luck and the field office finally got around to mailing it.  The NVC rep told me I can send NVC an expedite request as well due to the 2+ month delay to get my number sooner. What a relief. The last two months have been super stressful for us. 

I did exactly this idk if nvc has my case yt bur should by next monday im going to call monday.  I did send an expedite request for my 2+ months delay as well.

good luck and let us know what happens

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, lady3jane said:

Most excellent news, thank you, I called NVC yesterday, still no dice.  I will update as soon as there is any progress.

I know what you mean, we feel pretty beat ourselves. We started calling NVC and USCIS since 11th of July.  It should never be this difficult. 

I am really glad we didn't do AOS,  any glitch in the system would have more serious consequences. 

Best luck for the rest of yours as well and thanks for updating.

Any luck with your petition?

Timeline
17 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

Any luck with your petition?

Yeah, actually just an hour ago, we were told that our case was just sent to NVC. Of course it was the  congressional inquiry.

I called NVC, after 72 minutes, found out it wasn't received yet. So keeping my fingers crossed. Will update once i find out. Thanks for asking. Did you receive your case number yet from NVC

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Timeline
1 minute ago, lady3jane said:

Yeah, actually just an hour ago, we were told that our case was just sent to NVC. Of course it was the  congressional inquiry.

I called NVC, after 72 minutes, found out it wasn't received yet. So keeping my fingers crossed. Will update once i find out. Thanks for asking. Did you receive your case number yet from NVC

Great news, hopefully it arrives without any issues! We have not yet gotten our number. According to the processing times we still have another 10 or so days before they get to the cases that were received on the same day ours was (currently processing Aug 23, ours was received early September). I guess I could call NVC but I am so sick of calling I'm taking a break for a few weeks...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

I guess I could call NVC but I am so sick of calling I'm taking a break for a few weeks...

Thank you.

Absolutely. If they received it, it is time to sit back and relax for a while. I had no idea this could happen and cause this much stress. Who would, really? 

Did you put an expedite request? We are planning to, not sure if they would accept it but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. NVC rep said they respond pretty quick to expedite requests.  

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Timeline
11 minutes ago, lady3jane said:

Thank you.

Absolutely. If they received it, it is time to sit back and relax for a while. I had no idea this could happen and cause this much stress. Who would, really? 

Did you put an expedite request? We are planning to, not sure if they would accept it but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. NVC rep said they respond pretty quick to expedite requests.  

We didn't. Since the processing time was only 4 weeks or so, we skipped the expedite request. I figured it would maybe speed things up by about 2 weeks, and give them another chance to screw up.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

Since the processing time was only 4 weeks or so, we skipped the expedite request.

Ha, I did not know. I thought this would expedite the whole process at the NVC not just assigning the case number, after that the case stays with NVC for a good 2-3 months as far as I know. Ok,I will inquire further, I am sure you did already , being a few steps ahead and probably right about this. 

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.