AlexDRavn92

APPROVED CASE GETS STUCK at USCIS. THEN WE RECEIVE THIS RESPONSE TO OUR SERVICE REQUEST. PLEASE HELP US INTERPRET IT.

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Now this is what we got from that September 3rd call with that tier-2.  I attach a copy for your amusement and horror.

We already have the approval notice. USCIS account still shows our case as approved on may 17th. She claims we were inquiring about an approval notice we supposedly never got.Which is blatantly wrong. She also puts unknown for the beneficiary name, i.e. me. So i highly doubt she did even look or saw our case. Looks like she was right. She really doesnt know where it is. 

And, then says it is still under review for security checks. Security checks after approval is unheard of as far as I know. Did anybody heard of such a thing?

So now our case is approved and not approved at the same time, making it a Schrödinger's petition proper.

In the meantime, today another officer took up the second service request and it still shows approved 3 days after the time stamp of the correspondence. I made a post, asking for help, it was read maybe around 60 times. Still no replies. My case is officially some sort of quantum entity now. 

Anyone who wants to pitch their 2 cents?

Edited by TBoneTX
attachment removed

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

When Hubris calls, now you know who answers. 

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC Received Case : 10/02/2019  ( 139 DAYS 💀 )

NVC Case Number Created: 10/31/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

AOS  completed: 11/17/2019

IV  completed: 11/24/2019

DQ:  01/03/2020

Interview Date: 02/25/2020

Issued: 02/27/2020

Visa at Hand: 03/02/2020

Entered the country : 03/19/2020

NOT received GC  💀 120 day period is over -  

USCIS Status stuck at Immigration Fee Received 
First Inquiry by phone: 7/29/2020 —  30 day wait for response. 
Filed for  Change of Address form online : 8/27/20

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.
Status changed to “Card is being Produced” : 9/4/20

”Card was Mailed to Me” : 9/11/20

Received PRC on 9/16/20 in new address

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

B0E5D3F3-5AF8-403D-BFFC-B81F425178AF.jpeg

(quoted topic removed)

For whatever reason your pic doesnt load. Today i contacted my congressman office as well very prompt replies from them too. 

I had initially sent my form and evidence and stuff by mail to another congress person thursday and they called me friday stating they dont have jurisdiction since where i live and that they could transfer it to who does by my consent so i did and sure enough the kind lady did exactly that. She faxed everything over snd within 2 hours i had an email from the new office. 

They have made a Congressional inquiry which is different from the a senators inquiry which i also have( was told they had 30 days to reply to this one) im eager so i got in touch with a congress person and their system to achieve answers are much faster. 

I explained in great detail what was happening as well as evidence of everyone else's case being transferred in 2-4 weeks. Lets see how this turns out

Edited by Unlockable

On 9/7/2019 at 3:11 AM, lady3jane said:

(Quote removed per OP's request)

I have always made inquiries using the e-requests online and iv always done it to outside processing time.

this time i did it to a document missing and then selected other and wrote my own reason of inquiry on there as it doesnt let me do another outside processing until 30 days. 

Ao thats another option for you. Where did your case go to? Because for me im at nebraska and it took 1 year and 2 days just to even be approved and it doesnt even update online for me as approved still. June 25 2018 to june 27 2019. 

Uscis does have the authority to hold and recheck a case tho it stated that on the back on the i797. I am unaware of why they are contradicting on your case tho that is strange!!

my latest response from an inquiry with them was august 28th saying the case was approved and will be forwarded. Like that wasnt already approved and to be forwarded june 27th. Thats when i got fed up and said hell with it ima contact everyone. I even contacted the white house, ombudsman and my congress person. Im relying on congress member now as i still have about 12 days to wait on the senators  office if they dont receive a response by day 31.

Edited by Unlockable
OP request to remove quote

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

I have always made inquiries using the e-requests online and iv always done it to outside processing time.

this time i did it to a document missing and then selected other and wrote my own reason of inquiry on there as it doesnt let me do another outside processing until 30 days. 

Ao thats another option for you. Where did your case go to? Because for me im at nebraska and it took 1 year and 2 days just to even be approved and it doesnt even update online for me as approved still. June 25 2018 to june 27 2019. 

Uscis does have the authority to hold and recheck a case tho it stated that on the back on the i797. I am unaware of why they are contradicting on your case tho that is strange!!

my latest response from an inquiry with them was august 28th saying the case was approved and will be forwarded. Like that wasnt already approved and to be forwarded june 27th. Thats when i got fed up and said hell with it ima contact everyone. I even contacted the white house, ombudsman and my congress person. Im relying on congress member now as i still have about 12 days to wait on the senators  office if they dont receive a response by day 31.

Yes, when i tried to do an e-request, it didnt' let me. Okay, so filing under other,  that's an option to explore, thank you so much.

Yes, i am aware that they can hold and recheck a case. But why would they do that to us, we are not high profile people by any means. No criminal records. Just an int graduate student and a musician, who dated and lived together for six years. We got married, i left for writing my thesis. Then after a year, we applied for I-130. We had valid reasons to wait.   I would be very puzzled myself if they really retracted an approval to do more security checks on two nobodies tbh.

You see that the USCIS account shows it is approved and they will mail the notice? I think that tier-2 made that response solely relying on that information, completely ignoring what we told, that we already have the I-797. We got approved in 7 months, average time for texas center and our case looks updated on 24th of May the last time. The approval was recorded on the USCIS account two days after we got the txt alert.

So your USCIS never even updated to "approved" but you got the I-797, right?

Edited by lady3jane

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

Looks like they contradict themselves all the time, then, huh? A year is a long time, but I heard Nebraska is slow like that. So might be average for that center.

A very possible scenario is that the documents went missing, that happens more often than  approvals being taken back for more security checks and the second service request kinda makes me think they are still looking for it. I will try the Ombudsman and the senator. Probably ombudsman will respond much sooner. Although i read on an immiglaw page that exploring both options simulatenously  is usually not favored. They said esp the ombudsman doesn't like that. It is all hearsay. and your guess is as good as mine. 

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

2 minutes ago, lady3jane said:

Looks like they contradict themselves all the time, then, huh? A year is a long time, but I heard Nebraska is slow like that. So might be average for that center.

A very possible scenario is that the documents went missing, that happens more often than  approvals being taken back for more security checks and the second service request kinda makes me think they are still looking for it. I will try the Ombudsman and the senator. Probably ombudsman will respond much sooner. Although i read on an immiglaw page that exploring both options simulatenously  is usually not favored. They said esp the ombudsman doesn't like that. It is all hearsay. and your guess is as good as mine. 

I read that too but i dont give a damn at this point lol. They know wee are human and know we reach out to our resources. All i can do now is sit back and wait im not calling uscis again till i hit 91 days.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

I read that too but i dont give a damn at this point lol. They know wee are human and know we reach out to our resources. All i can do now is sit back and wait im not calling uscis again till i hit 91 days.

Yes, exactly. Do what you must. Because it won't move forward  its own, that's for certain.  I mean we are left at the dark and everytime we tried to inquire or get an answer, it gets even more jammed, explanations more cryptic and contradictory.  I read here multiple times the USCIS call center is been nicknamed as the Misinformation Line. lol It figures.

I will update as soon as I know more. Good luck to us both,  god knows we need it.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, lady3jane said:

Hi,

Our I-130 was approved on May 17th, petitioner is my husband. We received the I-797, that is NOA2 in mail and notified also by mail and USCIS account. But it never got sent to NVC, so we had to call USCIS and put two service requests. Initial service request, opened on Aug8th,  was escalated on Sep3rd  to a Tier-2 officer  , who was curt and said she can't help reissuing the NOA2 or send our case en route  because she doesn't know where our file is. 

Then we receive a letter saying our request for our approval notice to be sent cannot be done at this time, since it is still under review for security checks. WE HAVE THE I-797, THEY SENT IT TO US. But on USCIS account, it  says  "approved, we will mail your notice" still. They already did but they never forwarded the case to NVC and did not resoind to their inquiry either.

It still shows approved on USCIS account with the initial servcie request completed and another one pending, assigned to an officer.

What should we make of it? It seems to me the tier-2 could not see our file in their system, as the letter she sent cannot even identify my name. It looks like she wrote it on the spot just by looking at the info on the  USCIS account and completely ignoring what we told her.

What should we do next? Please help. i made multiple posts across the forum on relevant subs  with screenshots, people read it, no one made a single comment on it.

Should I file with Ombudsman?  HAve you ever heard of security checks after someone  received  approval notice? Or, is this an error which shiuld tell me that my case is still lost within the system without an electronic copy?

Thank you, i am really looking forward reading your comments.

I faced similar situation. 

My I-130 was approved on 26 June. Received I-797C and I-797. 

But nothing online or no notification from NVC

I called them after a month and they said it may take upto 90 days for NVC to receive the file. 

I Called them every other day. Finally my file was received by NVC exactly after two months on 26 August. 

Try calling them again to both USCIS and NVC

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AP-1 said:

I faced similar situation. 

My I-130 was approved on 26 June. Received I-797C and I-797. 

But nothing online or no notification from NVC

I called them after a month and they said it may take upto 90 days for NVC to receive the file. 

I Called them every other day. Finally my file was received by NVC exactly after two months on 26 August. 

Try calling them again to both USCIS and NVC

Thank you for your response. Congratulations, it is no small feat to get your case moving once you find yourself in this position. We are pushing 112nd day since the approval date.  

We did, multiple times. It was really a challenge to get to speak to a  tier-2 person, who sent us this letter, basically saying our approved case is still under review  for security checks.  My name is not even mentioned. I highly doubt she can see our case in  front of her.

Or, somehow the government wants to spend more money and resources on  two nobodies to see whether they are a security threat? Highly unlikely, isn't it?

I am seriously scared to get my husband to call the USCIS line, because everytime he calls, things get even more contradictory and unintelligible. I will try to speak to a supervisor on the end of  NVC, though. And, probably will file with the Ombudsman soon. 

IMG_6061 (1).jpg

Edited by lady3jane

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, lady3jane said:

Thank you for your response. Congratulations, it is no small feat to get your case moving once you find yourself in this position. We are pushing 112nd day since the approval date.  

We did, multiple times. It was really a challenge to get to speak to a  tier-2 person, who sent us this letter, basically saying our approved case is still under review  for security checks.  My name is not even mentioned. I highly doubt she can see our case in  front of her.

Or, somehow the government wants to spend more money and resources on  two nobodies to see whether they are a security threat? Highly unlikely, isn't it?

I am seriously scared to get my husband to call the USCIS line, because everytime he calls, things get even more contradictory and unintelligible. I will try to speak to a supervisor on the end of  NVC, though. And, probably will file with the Ombudsman soon. 

IMG_6061 (1).jpg

This is unusual. after more than 120 day of approval. i don't know what security checks are being done. 

i thought this checks were done while processing I-130 and then approved. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, AP-1 said:

This is unusual. after more than 120 day of approval. i don't know what security checks are being done. 

i thought this checks were done while processing I-130 and then approved. 

Also notice she doesn't even have my name as beneficiary and I am pretty sure my husband told her that we have the approval notice, i.e. I-797. 

And, notice that the  initial service request was about to come to its deadline. It looks like being rushed to me, he also mentioned she had a distinctive non-native accent, my husband is a native speaker. He noted that she was very curt.

Yes, that part  with the security checks especially makes no sense and slightly worrying. If any of us were high profile people, public figures maybe I'd believe that. We are just two ordinary people. She doesn't seem to be aware that we have the approval letter. She also doesn't seem to be able to access our file.

It's either that our documents are missing or some x factor triggered a red flag, which would really be very unexpected. But the USCIS page still shows the case approved and another service request being processed currently by an officer.

screenshot-egov.uscis.gov-2019.09.06-23_46_56 (1).png

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

4 hours ago, lady3jane said:

Yes, exactly. Do what you must. Because it won't move forward  its own, that's for certain.  I mean we are left at the dark and everytime we tried to inquire or get an answer, it gets even more jammed, explanations more cryptic and contradictory.  I read here multiple times the USCIS call center is been nicknamed as the Misinformation Line. lol It figures.

I will update as soon as I know more. Good luck to us both,  god knows we need it.

Will do the same and no my case status still states case received lol

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

Will do the same and no my case status still states case received lol

Have you got your I-797 in the mail, though? The formal letter that tells you that your petition is approved? You must have, since NVC wants a scanned copy of it usually before contacting USCIS. 

Why I got that response *after and despite  I received my I-797 and the  USCIS page notificiations  is an altogether different mystery and even more out of script. 

Also, turns out that 90 day timeframe  is what Ombudsman *recommends USCIS to observe  for sending approved cases to NVC and by no means a rule, just a guideline. So they covered all bases. We are really at their mercy. Also, not that you would, but most definitely avoid all confrontation with them, there might be criminal charges and instant denials from what I read.

I think, I just think the call centers are slammed with all kinds of people, ones who are freaking out over 3 weeks delays and people like us with serious delays. My husband is exasperated from those long and fruitless waits and calls, curtness and  the infuriatingly inaccurate results. I think we will go with e-request route for a while for our own sanity and zen until it is resolved. Maybe wait another week, regroup. i am stressing out too much. We all do. One way or another, this too shall pass. 

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

37 minutes ago, lady3jane said:

Have you got your I-797 in the mail, though? The formal letter that tells you that your petition is approved? You must have, since NVC wants a scanned copy of it usually before contacting USCIS. 

Why I got that response *after and despite  I received my I-797 and the  USCIS page notificiations  is an altogether different mystery and even more out of script. 

Also, turns out that 90 day timeframe  is what Ombudsman *recommends USCIS to observe  for sending approved cases to NVC and by no means a rule, just a guideline. So they covered all bases. We are really at their mercy. Also, not that you would, but most definitely avoid all confrontation with them, there might be criminal charges and instant denials from what I read.

I think, I just think the call centers are slammed with all kinds of people, ones who are freaking out over 3 weeks delays and people like us with serious delays. My husband is exasperated from those long and fruitless waits and calls, curtness and  the infuriatingly inaccurate results. I think we will go with e-request route for a while for our own sanity and zen until it is resolved. Maybe wait another week, regroup. i am stressing out too much. We all do. One way or another, this too shall pass. 

Criminal charges? From requesting an ombudsman’s service? Lol 

i dont think so but as for a denial of their help its here or there for me. I sent my issue to them they either will respond with wait 90 or not. 

My hoping options are my senate and my congress person at the moment who are both pretty active to help me. 

I will be keeping this thread updated. Eager to see what movement the congress man will achieve.  

And yes i do have a physical 797 dated June 27th 19

Edited by Michael_194

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

Criminal charges? From requesting an ombudsman’s service? Lol 

Haha, no, I meant losing your( figuratively)  composure and getting into a verbal altercation with people on the phone. 

8 minutes ago, Michael_194 said:

My hoping options are my senate and my congress person at the moment who are both pretty active to help me. 

I will be keeping this thread updated.

Please, do. Will do the same. I hope things move forward for us all who got stuck in this limbo.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.