BST

I-130 September 2019 fillers

919 posts in this topic

As we wait, should we prepare the documents that will be requested of us soon? Does anyone think this is a good idea or going to wait for what exactly is asked for and then send it in?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You can check the VJ timeline and set some filters for you SC and NOA2 here. You can start gathering some of the documents, for instance prefill the I864, birth certificates etc, but sometimes the forms can change and for instance tax documents for 2019 we dont have yet and police certificate is only valid for 6 months so will wait until NOA2 before I request that. 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys! I received my NOA September 26th and is still waiting on my approval. Has anyone gotten there approval yet. That would be a great start toy new year :) 

Hi all,

I just wanted to update the group but I received a text about a RFE letter today on our K3 petition. We are at Texas Service Center. I don’t have the physical letter in hand but should receive by Feb 5 to find out what info they need. My husband I and have a large age gap so we were expecting this at some point. The K3 petitions seem to be processing within 3 to 7 months right now. 

Nothing on the i130 but I just wanted to update everyone that you might start to see movement on your cases soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jessandmargarito said:

Hi all,

I just wanted to update the group but I received a text about a RFE letter today on our K3 petition. We are at Texas Service Center. I don’t have the physical letter in hand but should receive by Feb 5 to find out what info they need. My husband I and have a large age gap so we were expecting this at some point. The K3 petitions seem to be processing within 3 to 7 months right now. 

Nothing on the i130 but I just wanted to update everyone that you might start to see movement on your cases soon.

Thanks for the update, hope it all work out. When did you file the K3 

1 hour ago, annie210 said:

Thanks for the update, hope it all work out. When did you file the K3 

My receipt date is Sept 20, 2019. I just saw on another group that Texas seems to have sent out quite a few similar letters today.  The wording made me assume it was an RFE letter but will update when I know for sure.  The others I know about had dates in August for the letters. So hopefully this means they are starting to look at the September filers.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jessandmargarito said:

Our receipt date and service center is the same so I hope I get some good news in the mail between now and next week. Will also keep you posted. Thank you for the info 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Jessandmargarito said:

My receipt date is Sept 20, 2019. I just saw on another group that Texas seems to have sent out quite a few similar letters today.  The wording made me assume it was an RFE letter but will update when I know for sure.  The others I know about had dates in August for the letters. So hopefully this means they are starting to look at the September filers.

Hi. I have a question. When you said you saw on another group that some people received similar letters today, were they letters in response to the I-129 (K3) petition or the I-130? I was just wondering bcuz I thought Texas was still working on July filers. 

46 minutes ago, Shemuz said:

Hi. I have a question. When you said you saw on another group that some people received similar letters today, were they letters in response to the I-129 (K3) petition or the I-130? I was just wondering bcuz I thought Texas was still working on July filers. 

Yes this was specifically a group of I130 filers who also submitted the i129f. After doing a bit of research, it actually sounds like the denial letter so I will have to wait to see whether it means our i130s are about to be approved or whether the i129f was denied for an oversight on my part. I was a bit worried about my husband’s passport photo since it had a slight shadow to it so it could be a legit denial but I wanted to post to this thread because it also means that they are starting to review the Sept files for those who are keeping track. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jessandmargarito said:

Yes this was specifically a group of I130 filers who also submitted the i129f. After doing a bit of research, it actually sounds like the denial letter so I will have to wait to see whether it means our i130s are about to be approved or whether the i129f was denied for an oversight on my part. I was a bit worried about my husband’s passport photo since it had a slight shadow to it so it could be a legit denial but I wanted to post to this thread because it also means that they are starting to review the Sept files for those who are keeping track. 

Thank you for your reply! If it’s a denial letter, then your I-130 is probably going to be approved soon. Don’t worry. I don’t think the shadow in the passport should be a big issue. If anything, they’d probably just request a new photo. I hope you get your approval soon! And I hope they pick up the pace and start processing cases faster. 

Hi, I have a question. I see other people getting a soft update now and then but I haven't has any updates since they accepted my documents (NOA 1) which was September 23rd. Is it weird to not have any updates at all till now?

32 minutes ago, sc_queens said:

Hi, I have a question. I see other people getting a soft update now and then but I haven't has any updates since they accepted my documents (NOA 1) which was September 23rd. Is it weird to not have any updates at all till now?

Those said updates don't mean a thing most of the time.

Do u know that if u upload any document to ur USCIS account, the last update date will change to the day u uploaded the document ?

So to me it only matters when others around ur PD are already getting approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.