BST

I-130 September 2019 fillers

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Shemuz said:

Hi. How soon do you think they will start September Potomac filers?

By God grace January and February 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 9/24/2019 at 6:43 AM, MA&AR said:

Thanks

So our case was sent to Nebraska...

Priority date September 13

Hi MA@AR,

Our PD is also Sep 13 and NOA1 is Sep 18 and service center is also Nebraska. What's your NOA1 date? Hoping NOA2 will come soon. Let's keep each other posted since our PD and service center are the same.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tim4 said:

Hi MA@AR,

Our PD is also Sep 13 and NOA1 is Sep 18 and service center is also Nebraska. What's your NOA1 date? Hoping NOA2 will come soon. Let's keep each other posted since our PD and service center are the same.

Our PD is also 13th, NOA1 date 17th Sep. Looking at the current dates I dont expect anything to happen before September, but who knows they will pick up the pace in Nebraska.

Regarding the travel, I will go on ESTA tomorrow. Also read this topic, although in the K1 section. After reading that topic I am pretty confident about traveling with pending I-130. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Shemuz said:

I hope so! Hopefully the coming holidays don’t delay processing even further. 

USCIS only goes on holiday 25Th December and and 1st of Jenuary according to what I read

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just to come back to my travel, I entered the US yesterday on ESTA. I was very prepared and brought a lot of evidence that I still have ties to my country like work, apartment, other flights next month, I-94 showing I visit every Christmas for the past 2 years. I got only 3 questions from the officer:

1 Where are you going? - Chicago 

2 what are you going to do? To celebrate Christmas 

3 When are you leaving? 29 December 

Then he stamped my passport and that was it. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:02 PM, WilliamSmith said:

Hi all, does anyone have any experience with being denied entry into the US with a tourist visa? My wife and I are planning on going to the US to visit her family for the holidays. From what I've read there is nothing wrong with going in on a tourist visa with a pending I-130 and I will take as much proof as possible that we will be returning to South Africa (where we currently live). My question is this, what happens if they decide to deny my entry for some reason? Do I contest or give in and return home at the first sign of trouble?

As mentioned, plenty of people have done it, and it is not illegal. The visa is still 100% valid. However, my husband and I wanted to try and have him come visit me during the Spring Festival holiday in January, but after consulting with our lawyer, the office of my senator, and the office of my representative, all of them told us not to risk it. Our lawyer mentioned there is a 50/50 chance of being denied at the border, it just depends on the immigration officer and their mood that day. You can show up with all the evidence in the world, but they don't even have to look at it if they don't want to. If you are given the option to rescind your attempt to enter the US, thats great, but actually being denied or worse, deported, can have really negative consequences on the process (i.e. further delays).

Have you tried filing the I-129F for a K3 visa? I saw other applicants out of Nebraska did and it drastically sped up their processes. Good luck!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: 2020-04-17

NVC
Received: 2020-04-20

DQ: 2020-06-18

Expedite approved: 2020-08-21

US Consulate - Johannesburg

Medical: 2020-09-03

Interview Scheduled: 2020-09-03

Interview at US Consulate in Johannesburg: 9:15 2020-09-16 - Approved!

Visa Delivered: 2020-09-25

Arrival in the U.S. (POE New York JFK): 2020-10-04
2 year Green Card Received: 2020-12-18

Removal of Conditions

Service Center: National Benefits Center

Date Mailed: 2022-07-20 via FedEx to Phoenix Lockbox

Receipt Date: 2022-07-27

NOA Received: 2022-08-01

Biometrics letter received: 2022-08-13

Biometrics appointment date: 2022-08-23

Removal of Conditions approved date: 2023-10-26

Citizenship

Service Center: Online

Local Office: Denver

Date of Submission: 2023-07-15

Biometrics Waived

Interview scheduled: 2023-09-18
Interview at Centennial Field Office: 8:35 2023-10-26 
Approved!
Oath Ceremony: 11:00 2023-11-07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.