Jump to content

83 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

On the second day of her medical at SLEC my fiance was singled out for a sputum test and told she must cancel her K1 interview on 12 Sept.  Can someone please tellme what this is all about?  Thanks.

Sputum test typically takes 8 weeks. Once she is cleared after 8 weeks, she can reschedule the K1 visa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DespicableMe said:

Sputum test typically takes 8 weeks. Once she is cleared after 8 weeks, she can reschedule the K1 visa

So, there is a suspicion of TB, right?  Why not re-schedule the interview 8 weeks in advance and cancel if necessary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

On the second day of her medical at SLEC my fiance was singled out for a sputum test and told she must cancel her K1 interview on 12 Sept.  Can someone please tellme what this is all about?  Thanks.

 TB .. apparently the X-ray showed scarring on her lungs, she now has to complete the 8 week SPUTUM culture test.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

So, there is a suspicion of TB, right?  Why not re-schedule the interview 8 weeks in advance and cancel if necessary?

Because if the culture test shows positive for TB she will then have to complete 6 months of DOT (Direct Observation Therapy ... taking medication at SLEC)

 

As a K-1 you are only allowed to reschedule a limited number of times (2), after which you would be given a "time out" for 90 days and possibility paying a 2nd visa fee.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Because if the culture test shows positive for TB she will then have to complete 6 months of DOT (Direct Observation Therapy ... taking medication at SLEC)

I don't understand why it takes 8 weeks to grow, or not grow something in a petri dish.  She told me she has had multiple negative chest X rays over the years.  I wonder if there isn't a way to change their minds that doesn't take 8 weeks or even 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

I don't understand why it takes 8 weeks to grow, or not grow something in a petri dish.  She told me she has had multiple negative chest X rays over the years.  I wonder if there isn't a way to change their minds that doesn't take 8 weeks or even 2 weeks.

 

Talk to CDC about  changing the requirements if you want to change things


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

 

Talk to CDC about  changing the requirements if you want to change things

https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/abk7483

 

This is a link to a sputum test taking only 24 hours and says the test is indicated if it's likely others have been exposed and require treatment which is certainly the case here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ram1009 said:

https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/abk7483

 

This is a link to a sputum test taking only 24 hours and says the test is indicated if it's likely others have been exposed and require treatment which is certainly the case here.

Your preaching to the choir.  Not sure why you feel the need to show a Canadian link for a US policy that we have no influence over 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do a search here for Sputum tests in Manila and hope for the best. Many people have tried many things to circumvent the test and more so the extended treatment if the culture is positive. Never works. Good luck...


Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 7:24 PM, Jesus & Michelle said:

We went for the interview on Friday and was approved on the spot!!

What's next? The officer said they will be mailing us the approval notice and then the green card within 30 days. Anyone here knows how long will it take? We are traveling internationally on 1st June. I asked the officer and she said I can travel with my EAD and Advanced Parole card or if my green card arrive first, use that.

But we're still curious to know how long will it take to get the approval notice and the physical card. Anyone??

 

58 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Do a search here for Sputum tests in Manila and hope for the best. Many people have tried many things to circumvent the test and more so the extended treatment if the culture is positive. Never works. Good luck...

My now wife had to go through this as well

There is no way around this process

your fiance will need to be prepared to go to SLEC for 3 consecutive days for samples

then its a waiting game for the 8 weeks

during this time no news is good news as a early call could be a indication of a bad result

We spent the 8 weeks preparing for best and worse case scenarios

worse case is the 6 month daily treatments at SLEC, so might want to ensure she is able to commute to SLEC on a daily basis

best case is you move forward with a 8 week delay

 

also as a side note, after her POE she had to go to the health department and do a follow up 4 month treatment program 

after doing the sputum and passing she was classified as having latent TB so it is in your best interests to ensure you do the follow up treatment upon her arrival

 

good luck and best wishes

 


01/12/17 – I-129F mailed 
01/17/17 – Delivered to lockbox  

01/20/17 - NOA1  

01/27/17 – I-797C arrived via USPS

05/05/17 - NOA2

05/23/17 - NVC Recieve

09/11/17 - Approved at Interview

09/30/17 - Visa in hand

10/17/17 - POE Washington DC

11/11/17 - Married 

01/29/18 - AOS sent via USPS

02/20/18 - TXT and email notification of receipt

09/29/18 - EAD recieved

02/12/19 - Interview Scheduled

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Remember, that even under the worse case scenario of six months of daily visits to SLEC, she will be getting life saving treatment.

 

People seem to forget that and focus on the extreme inconvenience.

Edited by Talako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Talako said:

Remember, that even under the worse case scenario of six months of daily visits to SLEC, she will be getting life saving treatment.

 

People seem to forget that and focus on the extreme inconvenience.

Excellent point, that is why we where diligent about getting the follow on once stateside

TB can and is a very serious disease, her health should be the most important thing at this point


01/12/17 – I-129F mailed 
01/17/17 – Delivered to lockbox  

01/20/17 - NOA1  

01/27/17 – I-797C arrived via USPS

05/05/17 - NOA2

05/23/17 - NVC Recieve

09/11/17 - Approved at Interview

09/30/17 - Visa in hand

10/17/17 - POE Washington DC

11/11/17 - Married 

01/29/18 - AOS sent via USPS

02/20/18 - TXT and email notification of receipt

09/29/18 - EAD recieved

02/12/19 - Interview Scheduled

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, mbassett said:

 

My now wife had to go through this as well

There is no way around this process

your fiance will need to be prepared to go to SLEC for 3 consecutive days for samples

then its a waiting game for the 8 weeks

during this time no news is good news as a early call could be a indication of a bad result

We spent the 8 weeks preparing for best and worse case scenarios

worse case is the 6 month daily treatments at SLEC, so might want to ensure she is able to commute to SLEC on a daily basis

best case is you move forward with a 8 week delay

 

also as a side note, after her POE she had to go to the health department and do a follow up 4 month treatment program 

after doing the sputum and passing she was classified as having latent TB so it is in your best interests to ensure you do the follow up treatment upon her arrival

 

good luck and best wishes

 

Daily treatments at SLEC? It can't be at another hospital St. Luke's BGC/Asian/medical city?

 

How much more did it cost?

Edited by TXBill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...