ram1009

sputum test

88 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ram1009 said:

I thought you might be interested to know that my fiance has today obtained the results of a second opinion in the form of an independent chest X ray.  The radiologists report says her lungs are clear as have past chest X ray reports.  Somebody screwed up.

That's great news and I am tempted to think it means that, most probably, the 8-week test will also come back negative.  Wishing her the best.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

That's great news and I am tempted to think it means that, most probably, the 8-week test will also come back negative.  Wishing her the best.

Actually it means very little as only St. Luke's is authorized to complete the medical/x-ray for the visa, the OP went to an "outside" source for a 2nd opinion .. waste of time and money.    The beneficiary still needs to complete SPUTUM to pass the medical  ... some want to "fight city hall"  :unsure:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Actually it means very little as only St. Luke's is authorized to complete the medical/x-ray for the visa, the OP went to an "outside" source for a 2nd opinion .. waste of time and money.    The beneficiary still needs to complete SPUTUM to pass the medical  ... some want to "fight city hall"  :unsure:  

Hopefully, all will go well for her. I didn't think they (ram1009 and fiancée) wanted to skip the test, I thought they wanted to be proactive and get treatment as soon as possible, if needed. 

Trying to fight the process seems like it would be a big effort and stress for nothing.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Hopefully, all will go well for her. I didn't think they (ram1009 and fiancée) wanted to skip the test, I thought they wanted to be proactive and get treatment as soon as possible, if needed. 

Trying to fight the process seems like it would be a big effort and stress for nothing.

He thinks St. Luke's is scamming him and that SPUTUM isn't necessary ..    you would have to go back to page 1 and read to grasp this "adventure"

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Thanks for your good wishes, however let me point out the possibility/likelihood that SLEC has inadvertently switched my fiance's X ray with the X ray of a "positive" applicant who does NOT have clear lungs.  Since this is CLEARLY a possibility it doesn't seem far fetched that the sputum cultures are also switched.  I do not expect SLEC to readily admit to this possibility since to do so would open a Pandora's box  (for them) of challenges to their credibility.  Challenges that might prove to  be well founded since I don't see how this could be an isolated incident given the volume of applicants being processed.  The worst part of this is that if a switch occurred a potentially sick person was told they don't have TB and didn't need further testing.  This could be fatal if not corrected.  So, SLEC's vested interest in preserving their credibility could be killing people.

13 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

Thanks for your good wishes, however let me point out the possibility/likelihood that SLEC has inadvertently switched my fiance's X ray with the X ray of a "positive" applicant who does NOT have clear lungs.  Since this is CLEARLY a possibility it doesn't seem far fetched that the sputum cultures are also switched.  I do not expect SLEC to readily admit to this possibility since to do so would open a Pandora's box  (for them) of challenges to their credibility.  Challenges that might prove to  be well founded since I don't see how this could be an isolated incident given the volume of applicants being processed.  The worst part of this is that if a switch occurred a potentially sick person was told they don't have TB and didn't need further testing.  This could be fatal if not corrected.  So, SLEC's vested interest in preserving their credibility could be killing people.

I got my x-ray after I passed my medical, hopefully she'll get hers, and you can then pay another doctor to compare them. If there's a conspiracy, or simply a medical error, you might save someone's life. Or a lot of lives if it's a conspiracy.  

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

He thinks St. Luke's is scamming him and that SPUTUM isn't necessary ..    you would have to go back to page 1 and read to grasp this "adventure"

Hank, I wish you'd go troll someone else.  You clearly have an agenda requiring you to defend "the process".  This "process" like any process will eventually become corrupted whether intentionally or unintentionally.  It doesn't matter to me which happens or has already happened.  The results are the same.  All I want is to get my fiance stateside and SLEC is preventing that UNFAIRLY, IMHO.  I believe their process has already become corrupted and they (SLEC) have a vested interest in concealing that corruption which would be a challenge to their credibility.  It should be obvious (even to you) that the possibility exists that my fiance's X ray (and possibly other docs) have been inadvertently switched with the docs of a genuinely sick person.  You would think that SLEC and USEM would want to investigate this but I expect nothing but resistance as I pursue this beginning with you.  Please troll elsewhere.  Everybody already knows what you are going to say.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I got my x-ray after I passed my medical, hopefully she'll get hers, and you can then pay another doctor to compare them. If there's a conspiracy, or simply a medical error, you might save someone's life. Or a lot of lives if it's a conspiracy.  

I doubt any doctor would intentionally expose the error of another doctor or, especially, a conspiracy.  Frankly, I would feel much better about this mess if someone just asked for a bribe which is commonplace in the Philippines.  Right now I'd be happy if SLEC or USEM would just admit the possibility of switched docs and act accordingly.  Thanks for letting me know they gave you your X ray.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I don't think Hank is trolling at all, he's trying to be as realistic as possible and bring you back to reality.  

Please, you would do me a great favor if you told me where I'm not being realistic.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Yes St. Luke's does the same, the beneficiary is given a CD with the x-ray image upon completion of the medical.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

If you'd been paying attention you'd know I became informed about the necessity of a sputum test when the doctor/member provided independent medical evidence of that necessity.  Since nobody seems to be making themselves available to be bribed I  now believe that my fiance's X ray has been misread or switched with a genuinely sick person who now believes they are well because of the switch.  You would think any reputable medical facility would be anxious to correct such an egregious error.  Please quote me correctly in the future if you must.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

My fiance's health is more important than any visa.  So is the health of the person with whom the documents may have been switched.  I'm not trying to skip anything.  I only want accountability and transparency.  Both seem in short supply right now.

Timeline

Yes I am aware of your becoming "informed".   You have now moved on to incompetence of the staff at SLEC.    

Hard reality is still the same ...  complete SPUTUM, complete the medical .. complete the visa process.

Can't wait to see how you react to CFO

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm wondering if having the medical at a certain time of the month is more susceptible to false positives because they are trying to make budgeted quotas of sputum cultures

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.