goursh

Passport Stamps, Ticket Reservations, Photos and "telling the story"

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Have you considered that processing times suffer when people send in excessive packets containing unasked for and unneeded info. USCIS workers must review/log/scan/file every line of every document you send- relevant or not.

They do? Are you sure about that?

I'm no expert, but that seems highly unlikely.

My packet contained lots of Chinese text. I doubt they had an officer in Dallas logging every line of Chinese text.

If this were really true, why doesn't USCIS instruct us to scan our documents ourselves and submit digital copies? Seems like it would save the government a lot of time and money.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hemutian said:

My packet contained lots of Chinese text. I doubt they had an officer in Dallas logging every line of Chinese text.

If this were really true, why doesn't USCIS instruct us to scan our documents ourselves and submit digital copies? Seems like it would save the government a lot of time and money.

For some processes at USCIS they are now doing that (online forms submittal).  In time I  would bet it will spread to most of USCIS

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Lots of ways. You can make yourself look married without being married (too married for k1 but not married enough for cr1), giving information that gets interpreted wrong, you could get an rfe for missing something that is required because you focused on putting in stuff that wasnt required, etc.

Its like telling a cop that just pulled you over "sorry i was going 50 mph in a 30mph zone" when he pulled you over for a tail light bulb being out. 

Dont lie to them, but dont offer more than you have to.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hemutian said:

Dallas?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Hemutian said:

When talking about the US government, time and money are their least concern especially when it is  your time and your money. When I worked for the city I lived in they would take 6 months to a year to make a decision on something that was needed right away and spend 3x the money on everything.

I feel so sorry for the poor guy/girl that gets to unpack these 15lbs I-129 packages.

When we filled out our form, I read the instructions and the questions and gave them what the asked for.

Who did you meet : We met at her sister in Florida in 1996.

That's it nothing more.

For the proof of having met in the past 2 years, it was entry stamps, a bank statement showing ATM transactions in her town during my stay. And again that was it. Not a single photo

Now when it comes to the interview it may be a different story. Than you Not to read up on the requirements for your consulate/embassy.

My interview was over in 15 minutes I think. And they wanted zero relationship info.

Most consulates in low fraud countries are relatively simple, some other want way more info, check the posts for your consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hemutian said:

The USCIS processes all I-129Fs in Dallas (i.e. Lewiston, TX), don't they?

Nope.   Case numbers begin with WAC, which is the Western Application Center located in  California 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Nope.   Case numbers begin with WAC, which is the Western Application Center located in  California 

I see. Well all I know is I mailed my I-129F packet to a PO Box in Dallas. I guess it got transferred to California later.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hemutian said:

The USCIS processes all I-129Fs in Dallas (i.e. Lewiston, TX), don't they?

Nope.  That is just a Lockbox, mailing location, from there the package will be delivered to a service center

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.