728 posts in this topic

I called the court and spoke to judges deputy and he said there is one on that particular day. my confusion was that why its not listed on the judges calendar when other naturalization ceremonies are. Should I believe what the court deputy is saying

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, desiring_dream18 said:

I called the court and spoke to judges deputy and he said there is one on that particular day. my confusion was that why its not listed on the judges calendar when other naturalization ceremonies are. Should I believe what the court deputy is saying

Is it possible that USCIS is renting space at the federal court building to do this ceremony since they don't have a space of their own in Austin? (other than that reconverted CVS that's used for fingerprinting).

Timeline

I got a reply back on uscis.gov messaging system on my inquiry about the delay on decision making. It was an automated response advising me about the oath ceremony scheduling if (i.e., IF) my N400 case was approved. 

2 minutes ago, kline19 said:

Is it possible that USCIS is renting space at the federal court building to do this ceremony since they don't have a space of their own in Austin? (other than that reconverted CVS that's used for fingerprinting).

Well I called the court and spoke to 2 other people(deputies), they all confirmed that there is a ceremony on that particular day. So i 'll take their word for it. Spoke to L2 office said they moved the time of the ceremony on the same day but delayed by an hour at the same place last night and i'll recieve the one which is the latest. They said they can confirm what is on the oath letter and cant say anything about the courts event calendar. So i'll go with the court which confirms the event on that day and the time as specified by USCIS. The court also said they have 60 odd people that day and around 20 have name change and the rest are no name change

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
17 minutes ago, kline19 said:

I got a reply back on uscis.gov messaging system on my inquiry about the delay on decision making. It was an automated response advising me about the oath ceremony scheduling if (i.e., IF) my N400 case was approved. 

Did they tell you when oath ceremony will be scheduled?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Anifowose017 said:

Did they tell you when oath ceremony will be scheduled?

Nope. They just mentioned the Oath Ceremony would be scheduled if my case was approved. My question was about why was it taking so long to approve my case in the first place but that remained unanswered. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kline19 said:

Nope. They just mentioned the Oath Ceremony would be scheduled if my case was approved. My question was about why was it taking so long to approve my case in the first place but that remained unanswered. 

Oh ok,I was approved on the 5th and I'm yet to get oath scheduled....just wondering.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, kline19 said:

How do you find this out....I would love to know.  Still waiting to see approved....thank you

K1 filed September 4, 2015

K1 Issued Feb 25, 2016

Entered the US June 3, 2016

Married June 13, 2016

AOS filed June 28, 2016

Paperwork received June 29, 2016

NOA dated July 11, 2016 for 485, 131, 765

RFIE mailed August 13, 2016

RFIE sent express August 22, 2016 ***Make sure you all use the latest forms from USCIS or RFIE***

RFIE accepted August 24, 2016

EAD Card is being produced September 13, 2016

Green Card is being produced November 17, 2016

AOS Approved November 18, 2016

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;472/st/20160711/e/NOA+1/k/25e6/event.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, chrisete said:

How do you find this out....I would love to know.  Still waiting to see approved....thank you

I sent a message using the uscis.gov online account. The messaging utility there allows you to send a message for a specific case. The response I got was too generic and didn't contain specific answer to my question on the nature of delay regarding this approval decision.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, rexeus said:

Interview was on the 11th. Oath has been scheduled on March 4th(ATL office) Glad my journey is coming to an end. Good luck to y'all. 

Congratulations!, and thanks!

1 hour ago, Leo Marti said:

Anyone that filed in September for the DC office has received an interview appointment yet?

I haven't receive anything yet. Estimated completion on my online account is 3 months. How about yours?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Roms said:

I haven't receive anything yet. Estimated completion on my online account is 3 months. How about yours?

Same, have not received anything yet, and estimated completion is 3 months, I filed september 29, when did you filed?

33 minutes ago, Leo Marti said:

Same, have not received anything yet, and estimated completion is 3 months, I filed september 29, when did you filed?

You are 1 day ahead of me. I filed September 30. Will you please let me know when you receive your interview appointment? I'll be changing my address next month. I hope this won't mess up the completion date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.