728 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nexans said:

After ur biometrics,What was the estimated completion time before u received interview date?

My estimated completion time was 4 months at first, but after the biometric appointment it changed to 2 months. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, anhill said:

My estimated completion time was 4 months at first, but after the biometric appointment it changed to 2 months. 

Ok thanks 

On 11/6/2019 at 12:42 PM, deepkhatti said:

I filled my N-400 online. How will I know which center is processing the application?

You will get a receipt letter with the address of the service center in the bottom left corner. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 11/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, Akp555 said:

Hello Guys, since my biometrics, estimated wait time is now 5 days remaining. Does this estimated wait time have to be completely exhausted before I get my interview date? Anyone in similar predicament or experience please share with me. Thanks

A friend of mine got his interview scheduled 5 days after the estimated wait time. Anyway, let us know what happens in your case.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to provide everyone with an update after my interview this morning.  I waited about 45 minutes to be called in, but that was due to the snow storm in Buffalo slowing everything down.  Once I was called in the whole process was only about 15 minutes.  I provided my ID, completed the reading and writing portion of the test which consisted of reading a short sentence and writing a short sentence.  The Officer then asked me 6 questions from the civics test because I answered the first 6 correctly.  The Officer then asked me some questions from my N-400 application such as whether I pay my taxes, ever been in the military, ever been arrested or convicted of a crime, etc.  The Officer did some quick paper work, advised me that I was being recommended for approval, and then scheduled my Oath Ceremony for November 21. 

Best of luck to to everyone!

4 hours ago, frank85 said:

I was being recommended for approval, and then scheduled my Oath Ceremony for November 21. 

Congrats! Glad to hear about a smooth process. Our interview is on Nov. 21st. 
For the civics questions were the questions from the easier questions or did they ask about your state's governors', representatives', senators' names etc? 

22 May 2015 Engagement in Bahrain

22 May 2016 Wedding in Tulsa, OK

07 Nov 2016 Became US Permanent Resident

K1 Visa Journey Visa received 9 months & 3 weeks (286 days) after filing I-129F petition.

AOS Journey Green Card received 3 months & 3 weeks (111 days) after filing AOS package.

ROC Journey 10-year Green Card received 10 months & 1 week (312 days) after filing ROC package.

Naturalization Journey Naturalization Certificate received 2 months & 3 weeks (73 days) after filing N-400.

(Cleveland,OH Local Office)

15 Sep 2019 Filed N-400 Online (Day 01)      

15 Sep 2019 NOA Receipt (Day 01)   

21 Sep 2019 Biometrics Scheduled (Day 07)

10 Oct 2019 Biometrics Appointment (Day 16)    
10 Oct 2019 Interview Scheduled (Day 16)   

21 Nov 2019 Naturalization Interview (Day 58) 

06 Dec 2019 Oath Ceremony (Day 73) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Akp555 said:

It’s 2 days after estimated wait time for me. Still waiting......

what state and local office?

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.