visafrompa

Current Medical/GUZ Interview lead times?

23 posts in this topic

Getting close to interview time for my fiance.. should have NVC case number in a week or two to start the in country part of the visa.

Anyone recently get a look at the consulate schedule and see how booked up the internviews are?  A week?  A month?

Also, her medical will be in Beijing... and one get a medical recently and can give a clue as to the wait time?

7 minutes ago, visafrompa said:

Getting close to interview time for my fiance.. should have NVC case number in a week or two to start the in country part of the visa.

Anyone recently get a look at the consulate schedule and see how booked up the internviews are?  A week?  A month?

Also, her medical will be in Beijing... and one get a medical recently and can give a clue as to the wait time?

You’re likely 2-3 months out from interview. Will take about 2-3 weeks for NVC to send package to GZ. Then another 2 weeks or so for GZ to process and send your fiancée the P3. Once P3 is received you’ll need to pay visa fee (AliPay is easiest but can also pay at CITIC bank), complete DS-160 (I guess you can start to do this now) and return DS-160 confirmation forms and visa photos with P3 through the courier service at CITIC. Plan for another 2-3 weeks for consulate to receive P3, process, and send P4. Once P4 is received you can book your medical and interview. Medical spots are numerous, can probably get one in a few days after receiving P4. Medical takes about 1 week to get all docs back. Interview slows seemed to be plentiful, not much wait there.

Taking all into account that’s about 7-9 weeks out before the earliest you’d interview.

8 hours ago, samnrong said:

You’re likely 2-3 months out from interview. Will take about 2-3 weeks for NVC to send package to GZ. Then another 2 weeks or so for GZ to process and send your fiancée the P3. Once P3 is received you’ll need to pay visa fee (AliPay is easiest but can also pay at CITIC bank), complete DS-160 (I guess you can start to do this now) and return DS-160 confirmation forms and visa photos with P3 through the courier service at CITIC. Plan for another 2-3 weeks for consulate to receive P3, process, and send P4. Once P4 is received you can book your medical and interview. Medical spots are numerous, can probably get one in a few days after receiving P4. Medical takes about 1 week to get all docs back. Interview slows seemed to be plentiful, not much wait there.

Taking all into account that’s about 7-9 weeks out before the earliest you’d interview.

Have you done an Interview THIS year?  

If you have NOT done an interview 'recently (aka in the last 6 months) PLEASE STOP POSTING.  I get that you think you're helping, but your not.  You didn't even read the question, as I never asked for 'wild estimates', did I?

So, anyone that's ACTUALLY done an interview and gotten a medical, what are the times like?

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, visafrompa said:

Have you done an Interview THIS year?  

If you have NOT done an interview 'recently (aka in the last 6 months) PLEASE STOP POSTING.  I get that you think you're helping, but your not.  You didn't even read the question, as I never asked for 'wild estimates', did I?

So, anyone that's ACTUALLY done an interview and gotten a medical, what are the times like?

You’re just being a ####### now. Look at my timeline #######. I just did this entire process. So yes, my response is valid and my experience is THIS YEAR.

you asked for how crowded the interview timeline is and I gave you an answer. The last piece of help you’ll be receiving from me.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity.

*** One post edited to remove inappropriate language.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The medical is valid for one year, 

so getting it done right prior to interview day is better. 

She has to go to Guangzhou anyway - the medical exam service there has next day turnaround for the medical packet - 

to get it done in BeiJing might actually be a waste of time and money for yer lass ... 

Now - the timeticks between NVC-OUT and GUZ-IV-Open vary widely, based on casefile transmittal method.  No One Knows which method HER casefile will utilize.   Could be 2 days - could be 5 months, between those two timeticks - and no one can accurately forecast because it's NVC's choice on how it goes out to GUZ-IV. 

So - with that said - the BEST window that I would suggest to you - is that you suggest her to get the medical exam done no more than a week before the scheduled interview.   Guangzhou is better, IMO, than any thing to get done in BeiJing.   This actually helps a lot - as later on in the process, the date of medical exam determines whether or not she needs another medical exam for any adjustment of status process.  

OK - Good Luck, and God Speed ! 

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, once the P4 is in hand, then the medical time clock starts....  She can get it done in Guangzhou - suggest she arrive 3 days prior to interview day, early - day 1 she gets the medical done, day 2 she picks up the medical , day 3 for personal file review, then BAM - Interview Day. 

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 8/15/2019 at 4:41 AM, visafrompa said:

My fiancee’s interview is in 10 days. We received our case number from the NVC 55 days ago. Technically we could have scheduled our interview about 10 days earlier than we did, but we took a little vacation first so my fiancee could relax before the big date. So that’s about a 2 month lead time, give or take. I will say that waiting for the NVC to send our application to Guangzhou, and then waiting for Guangzhou to send the P3 both took longer than expected, but that the P4 came super fast once we submitted the P3 materials. 

Currently, the interview schedule looks pretty wide open. When we first gained access to the interview calendar about 15 days ago, it was wide open for the entire month of August, with available dates every day of every week this month.

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks to all that posted but I think there is a misunderstanding.

To the folks that scheduled an interview, when you logged on to the consulate site and looked at the available interview times,  was there a 1 week wait?  A month?  

I never asked about NVC->P3.  I asked about lead time when scheduling the medical/interview. 

I get that most of the talk is about wait times that are guesses... but that's not what I am looking for.  I want to get a gauge on how backed up the Consulate is for ACTUAL SCHEDULED INTERVIEWS.

Answers would be in the form of 'In June I scheduled my interview and the earliest dates were 1/2/3/4 weeks out'.

I really thought that " Anyone recently get a look at the consulate schedule and see how booked up the internviews are?  A week?  A month? "  was straightforward enough.

Timeline
5 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

Thanks to all that posted but I think there is a misunderstanding.

To the folks that scheduled an interview, when you logged on to the consulate site and looked at the available interview times,  was there a 1 week wait?  A month?  

I never asked about NVC->P3.  I asked about lead time when scheduling the medical/interview. 

I get that most of the talk is about wait times that are guesses... but that's not what I am looking for.  I want to get a gauge on how backed up the Consulate is for ACTUAL SCHEDULED INTERVIEWS.

Answers would be in the form of 'In June I scheduled my interview and the earliest dates were 1/2/3/4 weeks out'.

I really thought that " Anyone recently get a look at the consulate schedule and see how booked up the internviews are?  A week?  A month? "  was straightforward enough.

We've got access to the interviewing-scheduling system in the first week of August. At that time, it was possible to schedule an interview the following week (i.e. 1 week out), or 2 weeks out, or 3 weeks out. 3 weeks out was the maximum it would let you schedule. Basically, the entire month of August was available, and nothing in September was available yet.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:01 PM, Hemutian said:

We've got access to the interviewing-scheduling system in the first week of August. At that time, it was possible to schedule an interview the following week (i.e. 1 week out), or 2 weeks out, or 3 weeks out. 3 weeks out was the maximum it would let you schedule. Basically, the entire month of August was available, and nothing in September was available yet.

Thanks!  So it seems that they are not booked up for weeks on end.

My fiance doesn't want to travel alone so I'll take time off and fly to her to get her to the medical and interview.   She's a little nervous about the process and doesn't want to make a mistake.  I tried to reassure her but I'm more than happy to see her.  Plus tickets to the Guo are stupid cheap in Sept/Oct/Nov.

FWIW I got the NVC letter dated 20-AUG-2019 in my email today 8/21 so we're eyeballing an Oct interview.  That's the plan, yes it can change, yadda yadda yadda.  

2nd FWIW no, I didn't fill out a timeline because I can't do it anonymously.  I'd be happy to cough up the dates, but not in any way that can be tied back to me.  

• 1 month later...
Timeline

We just called the medical center in Guangzhou, it is a stones throw from the embassy.   They said no appointment necessary, its a walk in, but walk in with 3-4 biz days before your interview.  They said Read WECHAT and fill in the medical form there (huh?).

My take is ... even before you receive P3, you can actually do the DS 160, pay the fees, and book an appt about 1 month out.  When P4 comes, you are already all ready to go.. but its a risk, and you can also change visa interview appt anyway.

Any seniors here ... what are your opinions?

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
41 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

We just called the medical center in Guangzhou, it is a stones throw from the embassy.   They said no appointment necessary, its a walk in, but walk in with 3-4 biz days before your interview.  They said Read WECHAT and fill in the medical form there (huh?).

My take is ... even before you receive P3, you can actually do the DS 160, pay the fees, and book an appt about 1 month out.  When P4 comes, you are already all ready to go.. but its a risk, and you can also change visa interview appt anyway.

Any seniors here ... what are your opinions?

Not a senior, but we took our chances, payed the DS160 and scheduled the interview once we received the P3.  We did schedule the interview almost a month out but I don't think it would have been a problem if the P4 took a while because we could have easily change the appointment.  Luckily everything worked out and we received the P4 in about 9 days.  At this point we just need to hope Beijing can provide medical results within 10 days.

Timeline

We just sent out the P3 and will be scheduling a interview on a THURSDAY in November in GUANGZHOU.  Just to be sure and I ask again, having the medical done on MONDAY is good right ? in time for the Interview on THURSDAY.

I have to fly from Los Angeles to NE China and We have to fly from NE China to Guangzhou for this adventure and need to make sure timeline wise is good.   

Any confirmation will be deeply deeply appreciated.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
6 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

We just sent out the P3 and will be scheduling a interview on a THURSDAY in November in GUANGZHOU.  Just to be sure and I ask again, having the medical done on MONDAY is good right ? in time for the Interview on THURSDAY.

I have to fly from Los Angeles to NE China and We have to fly from NE China to Guangzhou for this adventure and need to make sure timeline wise is good.   

Any confirmation will be deeply deeply appreciated.

I've heard Guangzhou can provide results in a day or so for the medical but you may want to have her call to be sure. 

I can understand your concern with the timing.  She did the medical in Beijing last week and she will be picking up the results next Monday on her way to the airport where we meet and fly together to Guangzhou Monday night.   Our interview is next week and hoping we don't have issues receiving the results.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.