visafrompa

Current Medical/GUZ Interview lead times?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
54 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

We just sent out the P3 and will be scheduling a interview on a THURSDAY in November in GUANGZHOU.  Just to be sure and I ask again, having the medical done on MONDAY is good right ? in time for the Interview on THURSDAY.

I have to fly from Los Angeles to NE China and We have to fly from NE China to Guangzhou for this adventure and need to make sure timeline wise is good.   

Any confirmation will be deeply deeply appreciated.

It's theoretically possible, but you're cutting it awfully close. 

I don't want to scare you here, but when my wife had her medical in Guangzhou less than 2 months ago, they told her she needed 3 business days before the report was ready. 

Thursday is exactly 3 business days away from Monday, and the health exam center is literally right across the street from the consulate, so technically it should be feasible. But what time is your interview? If it's early in the morning, then the health exam center won't be open before you need to enter the Consulate. I think you'd be much safer if you did the medical on the Friday of the previous week. Or if you speak to the health exam center and make sure that it's possible to get the report in less than 3 days.

45 minutes ago, nosleep said:

I've heard Guangzhou can provide results in a day or so for the medical but you may want to have her call to be sure. 

Where did you "hear" this from?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hemutian said:

Where did you "hear" this from?

A user posted this near the beginning of this thread.  I would still call the facility to confirm if they can do it in one day;  the office in Beijing told us 3-4 business days also.

Edited by nosleep

Timeline

We finally decided to go do it FRIDAY the week before for a THURSDAY interview the following week.   We called and they reception said come in Friday, while doctors nurse says Sat or Monday no problem, pick up on Wed.  2 different answers.... so may as well take the worst case and have a peace of mind.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline

Right now I'm about to submit all the documents (financial + civil) for my stepdaughter's CR2 visa. Currently NVC is taking about 4-6 weeks to review them. Assuming no hiccups, what would be a reasonable guestimate for the interview at Guangzhou? I'm think 4-6 weeks for doc review, another few weeks to make it to Guangzhou, and 4-6 weeks for the interview? So probably 3 more months? I'm just looking for a very rough estimate.

Second question - my understanding is that you are assigned an interview date when Guangzhou receives the petition. Can this date be changed (for example, delayed by 2 weeks)? Or are they pretty firm?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

Assuming no hiccups, what would be a reasonable guestimate for the interview at Guangzhou?

Second question - my understanding is that you are assigned an interview date when Guangzhou receives the petition. Can this date be changed (for example, delayed by 2 weeks)? Or are they pretty firm?

Hi @RamonGomez,

The applicant can pre-register on the Guangzhou consulate portal, and go through the entire process up to entering your NVC case #. It saves the progress so once you are ready, you can get straight through to scheduling.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ApplicantHome

As of right now the portal states that the first available interview as of today 10/23 is 11/05, but this changes on a regular basis. You can log in and check once you have registered.

Hope this helps.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dead8oy said:

Hi @RamonGomez,

The applicant can pre-register on the Guangzhou consulate portal, and go through the entire process up to entering your NVC case #. It saves the progress so once you are ready, you can get straight through to scheduling.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ApplicantHome

As of right now the portal states that the first available interview as of today 10/23 is 11/05, but this changes on a regular basis. You can log in and check once you have registered.

Hope this helps.

Wow, that's actually quite quick. So if I submit my NVC docs this Sunday (I'm taking extra time to get everything right, high quality scans, etc), we are looking at:

1.   4-6 week doc review at NVC

2.   2-3 weeks for the petition to be "interview ready" at Guangzhou consulate

3.   2 weeks for the interview (subject to change)

That's a total of 8-11 weeks. Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
30 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

So if I submit my NVC docs this Sunday.. ..that's a total of 8-11 weeks. Am I missing something?

Sounds like it's in the right range. One word of caution is if NVC or Guangzhou perform any extra reviews, or have to request background information from outside their area, your case could enter Administrative Processing (AP) at any point - which happened to us - and this can cause additional delays, but if everything goes to plan you're set.

Good luck!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dead8oy said:

Sounds like it's in the right range. One word of caution is if NVC or Guangzhou perform any extra reviews, or have to request background information from outside their area, your case could enter Administrative Processing (AP) at any point - which happened to us - and this can cause additional delays, but if everything goes to plan you're set.

Good luck!

Awesome, thanks! I understand that NVC RFEs , Administrative processing, and other misc hiccups can delays, I was just wondering a ballpark in the best case scenario. I was worried interview wait times were 9+ months like at some of the consulates in Mexico. Thanks again! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.